Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patson Daka

26 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Why is it taking this long to announce? He confirmed it himself, Fabrizio said the medicals are done... Also, if it's because of FFP isn't it better to announce Daka before the new account and Soumaré after? Splitting the amount into two different years would help I assume

Stuart Pearce said on TalkShite the other day that although the transfer window is open, many contracts will run up to the end of June, so lots of new deals will be announced on 01st July.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's probably a lot to do with staff getting a decent 4 week break and us not wanting to break players back before they need to be over here.

Given they'll be back I assume at the start of next week, we'll start to see things announced this week I reckon.

This I don’t know why anyone expects differently... let the lads enjoy the last of their holidays before they all report for pre season along with the big announcements 

Just now, nnfox said:

Don't players' contracts normally run to the end of June? I presume the announcement will be made July 1st, at the beginning of an x year deal?

Don't get why but could be, the only one that would make sense in that case is Bertrand but a lot of soon-to-be free agents have already been announced by their respective new teams p.e. Agüero, Depay, Eric García, Wijnaldum, Danny Rose, Ashley Young...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Don't get why but could be, the only one that would make sense in that case is Bertrand but a lot of soon-to-be free agents have already been announced by their respective new teams p.e. Agüero, Depay, Eric García, Wijnaldum, Danny Rose, Ashley Young...

I think, but may be wrong, that contracts run to the 30th June, any new deals that complete on or after 1st July go into next season's finances, hence, I presume, why the delay. Like I say, I'm no legal expert on footballers contracts, but this is what I'm led to believe.

There was a post that said Iheanacho and Daka would get on partly because they are from Africa.  Does this mean that we there is more likely to be harmony from two players if they are both from the continent of Europe.

There was a post about Iheanacho being a Muslim...   

Ffs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, majaco said:

There was a post that said Iheanacho and Daka would get on partly because they are from Africa.  Does this mean that we there is more likely to be harmony from two players if they are both from the continent of Europe.

Ffs

Both are Christians - end of

Also, both will get along well because both are really good people and lovely team mates nothing to do with their religion or origins

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Also, both will get along well because both are really good people and lovely team mates nothing to do with their religion or origins

It was the terrible posts that concerned me

33 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Are you sure he isn’t Jewish?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think, but may be wrong, that contracts run to the 30th June, any new deals that complete on or after 1st July go into next season's finances, hence, I presume, why the delay. Like I say, I'm no legal expert on footballers contracts, but this is what I'm led to believe.

Our financial accounts don't run like that though and anyway even if they did the signings could be agreed and announced but the transaction not actually hit until whatever date we want it to. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, majaco said:

Ffs

Iheanacho and Ndidi struck up a great friendship due to their similar backgrounds.

Iheanacho and Daka both have strong faith, something they have in common, whereas it is not as common these days to be that devout in a person's religion. They both lost parents early in their life who inspired them to pursue their footballing career.

The implication wasn't that Africans must be paired up and automatically be best friends, as you seem to be implying. It was that their shared beliefs, experiences and backgrounds could help facilitate a strong friendship in a way we've already seen it happen with Iheanacho and Ndidi.

Perhaps I phrased it poorly, and the resulting discussion was certainly not expected or intended.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our financial accounts don't run like that though and anyway even if they did the signings could be agreed and announced but the transaction not actually hit until whatever date we want it to. 

But surely, until something is signed and sealed any 'agreement' can be challenged and a better offer could come from another club.

I was also not aware that financial accounts can be different from club to club. I thought it was a bit like a tax year, it ends on the 5th of April for everyone. I was of the the understanding that football contracts ran until 30th June, then new contracts start, hence these can be put into next year's financial accounts.

Like I said, I'm no expert, and am happy that someone has a better understanding of the system than me.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, MGLCFC said:

But surely, until something is signed and sealed any 'agreement' can be challenged and a better offer could come from another club.

I was also not aware that financial accounts can be different from club to club. I thought it was a bit like a tax year, it ends on the 5th of April for everyone. I was of the the understanding that football contracts ran until 30th June, then new contracts start, hence these can be put into next year's financial accounts.

Like I said, I'm no expert, and am happy that someone has a better understanding of the system than me.

A case of signed, sealed, delivered, I'm your's

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Company accounting dates can be any date they choose.

https://companieshouse.blog.gov.uk/2015/12/23/a-guide-to-accounting-reference-dates-and-periods/

28 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

...you will find companies up and down the country choose an expedient time for their year end!!!

For some types of business it is a cyclical environment with its quiet periods and then the rush for governments to spend their budgets by the end of March. Choosing to end your Year End at the end of March can greatly inflate your figures, especially your order books.

Guest StevieLynex

Going right through the alphabet, based on the first letter of the country where a player/manager who played for us came from, would we have someone for each letter - obviously not 'X'!

So, I'll start the ball rolling: A is for Austria (Dragovic/Fuchs) and Australia (Kalac/Tiatto/Kisnorbo)

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

so, just to tidy this thread up, are we building a Church,  Mosque and synagogue on 3 of the remaining 9 hoes of the golf course, or not?

I don't think that kind of thing flies in any of the aforementioned religions...

• Haha 2