Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Every week or so we have a Coutinho frenzy and then get back to reality. The probability is he will stay at Barcelona and keep picking up his pay cheque. His next move will almost certainly be to America.

He might decide to do that but he won't play more than 10 games for Barcelona as that will trigger a £17m fee to the Merseyside Red Sox. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

He might decide to do that but he won't play more than 10 games for Barcelona as that will trigger a £17m fee to the Merseyside Red Sox. 

...it really has gone wrong for Barcelona!!!

All that wages and his injury problems and to top it all the possibility of paying "add on"  it really hard to get worse.

I actually think this might happen, maybe a 30-40% chance.

Barcelona won't play him next season as he triggers another €20m to Liverpool after a few more games. They need to get rid of Coutinho this window and Coutinho wants the PL. I've not seen many suitors being linked with him and I feel we could get him on loan for a reasonable cost before the window shuts. Coutinho will almost certainly go on loan somewhere this summer, the question is where?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I actually think this might happen, maybe a 30-40% chance.

Barcelona won't play him next season as he triggers another €20m to Liverpool after a few more games. They need to get rid of Coutinho this window and Coutinho wants the PL. I've not seen many suitors being linked with him and I feel we could get him on loan for a reasonable cost before the window shuts. Coutinho will almost certainly go on loan somewhere this summer, the question is where?

Liverpool arguably got the best out of him, so with that in mind you’d think the Rodgers link could provide the door for him. 

Thing is Rodgers has often stated he is the best player he has ever worked with, lads hit a brick wall with Barca, Rodgers is always keen to add to the squad, the owners like a shirt seller, and as we saw with Ghazzel, the owners will listen to the managers wishes. 

All the ticks are there, if the club can work out the finances and Coutinho wants the move it will happen. 

It depends if the recruitment team have their eyes on a much better option. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Liverpool arguably got the best out of him, so with that in mind you’d think the Rodgers link could provide the door for him. 

Thing is Rodgers has often stated he is the best player he has ever worked with, lads hit a brick wall with Barca, Rodgers is always keen to add to the squad, the owners like a shirt seller, and as we saw with Ghazzel, the owners will listen to the managers wishes. 

All the ticks are there, if the club can work out the finances and Coutinho wants the move it will happen. 

It depends if the recruitment team have their eyes on a much better option. 

Whos a better more affordable option than Coutinho right now? no one. In-form hes unplayable.

• Like 1

Essentially Rodriguez should never have been the quality of player that should have gone to Everton, but he went because of his connection to Ancelotti. The same could be said of Courtinho and his working relationship with Rodgers. Personally, I don't think lt will happen, but it certainly isn't out of the question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

He's right footed we don't really need him.

I tend to agree it is difficult to see where he would fit in, but a fully fit Courtinho could propel us to the next level.

I didn't think 11 years ago that we would see these type of players at the KP, unless it was a cup tie, so I can only thank and praise the input of the whole KP organisation for letting us live the dream.