Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

Zero sympathy for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid who dish out these insane contracts, bankrupting the club in the process.  

Coutinho would be an intriguing loan option but can't see it happening and doubt we are even in for him. Just a lazy Rogers ex Liverpool link 

25 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Zero sympathy for clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid who dish out these insane contracts, bankrupting the club in the process.  

Coutinho would be an intriguing loan option but can't see it happening and doubt we are even in for him. Just a lazy Rogers ex Liverpool link 

I’d imagine someone from the club mentioned Coutinho’s name (albeit between coughs) during one of the numerous times we approached Barcelona about Trincão. 

Edited by The_77

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

No-one knows how good anymore this 30yrs old potential crock could be. So why would anyone, let alone a club of our limited stature want to take such risks. I think it's a non starter for several reasons. There's wiser ways to spend money. It's a business after all. 

Depends on the risk level I guess. If it's a last minute bargain bucket loan for a player who if fit and motivated, could be a top player again, then maybe worth a look. It's unlikely we would be in for him unless it would be a loan and wage contribution deal anyway tbh 

• Like 2

We don't need someone who predominantly sits on the left of mid or on the left wing. We do however need a Right Winger. 

Say we offered Barca 50% salary @ £150'000 p/w for Coutinho. That's nearly £8mil for the season. In retrospect we could in theory pay £40mil and save over 20% of the new wingers transfer fee instead of messing around with someone who is and has very recently been injury prone.

I also wouldn't touch barca with a barge pole when they say they've oversaw operations etc etc and that he's ready to play etc and that we are broke etc and that he needs to go etc.

Close thread.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Depends on the risk level I guess. If it's a last minute bargain bucket loan for a player who if fit and motivated, could be a top player again, then maybe worth a look. It's unlikely we would be in for him unless it would be a loan and wage contribution deal anyway tbh 

Yes, I suppose you're right. He's on huge wages and without a huge wage contribution there could also be the potential to upset some of our current squad. At least then if he's broken you can hand him back. It's sad and cutthroat I know and in fairness to him, he's probably got family and probably, quite understandably doesn't want to lose money, particularly towards the latter end of his career. 

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I don't know where you get those awesome emojis from but I'd sure pay in cash for them 😂

Have you tried clicking (or fingering on your phone :jawdrop:) the little emoji face :source:next to the B I U ?

There’s loads of the damn things, all for free - so maybe make a small monetary contribution to the upkeep :beer: of the forum instead?

You’re :welcome:

:lineker:

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

No-one knows how good anymore this 30yrs old potential crock could be. So why would anyone, let alone a club of our limited stature want to take such risks. I think it's a non starter for several reasons. There's wiser ways to spend money. It's a business after all. 

30…… he’s literally just turned 29.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Could be a good option when Madders gets a 5 year prison sentence for whatever he's supposed to have done.

5 years?! This boy deserves a life sentence for all his horrific crimes against humanity. 

46 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Play it like Besiktas. Let Barcelona know we won’t even discuss taking Coutinho off their hands unless they’re prepared to pay us.

The difference is coutinho could walk into any club in the premiership 

where as ghezzel is at his level in the Turkish league 

12 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Ronaldo was told his knee was done. 

came back and proved every 1 wrong 

same thing can happen again 

Brazilian magic. 😀

Leave that sort of risk to the likes of MU, Everton, Arsenal, etc

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

On 14/06/2021 at 16:19, skolfoxes said:

A loan with Barca covering most of his wages and surely this is a no brainer.

However I think this has Arsenal written all over it!

If a player is so lacking in ambition that they’d go there then they aren’t worth signing anyway.

His wages are 20m 

if we take him off Barca’s hands for the season and cover those it’s like a £20m an fee with no wages 

they’d probably agree to that if the alternative is that he says he is staying and sitting on the bench - they absolutely have to get rid of his wages!