Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

His wages are 20m 

if we take him off Barca’s hands for the season and cover those it’s like a £20m an fee with no wages 

they’d probably agree to that if the alternative is that he says he is staying and sitting on the bench - they absolutely have to get rid of his wages! 

I think it would be very likely that Barcelona will agree to paying a large part of his wages just to get him out considering their situation. If he’s on 400k a week it wouldn’t surprise me to see him on say 200k here with Barcelona making up some of the rest and him taking a bit of a pay cut. It would be good for all parties if Coutinho wants to move for footballing reasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Given the finances involved this will only be in the realms of possibility if Maddison goes to Arsenal 

I’m not so sure. Although the wages would be big the overall liability of the deal would not be that large considering the rumoured transfer fee.  A lot of that money needed would be being spread over the length of the contract as well seeming it’s the wages that will make up most of it.

25 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not so sure. Although the wages would be big the overall liability of the deal would not be that large considering the rumoured transfer fee.  A lot of that money needed would be being spread over the length of the contract as well seeming it’s the wages that will make up most of it.

You give a big signing on bonus 👍

On 17/07/2021 at 15:31, Kent-Fox said:

Ronaldo was told his knee was done. 

came back and proved every 1 wrong 

same thing can happen again 

Brazilian magic. 😀

Difference being Ronaldo was THE goat. Just loved lady boys a burgers too much. 

On a side note, it would be extremely silly to let Madders leave and bring in Coutinho. Very silly indeed. 

Edited by Pliskin

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Complete risk with no real upside. It would be insane. 

Granted it’s probably all agent talk, but no upside? 
If (astonishingly HUGE ‘if’) he recovered both form & fitness, he’s world class. 
Seems to me to be a potential upside.

Not likely, but possible.

If Barca made it financially attractive & our medics approved, why not?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, matty98 said:

He's clearly a talented player but he's coming back from injury and would destroy our wage structure. Can't see it happening, would be too much of an unnecessary risk.

Problem is, Brendan has stated before he is the best player he has ever worked with……. So given the chance, I don’t think he would think twice. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is, Brendan has stated before he is the best player he has ever worked with……. So given the chance, I don’t think he would think twice. 

Of course its not Rodgers's money here and I don't see our very careful owners taking that sort of risk.

At the moment we don't have a recognised CAM and are still left in limbo on the RW situation. 

I can see us going in for him if we can't get Berardi (which I've heard nothing of lately). If his injuries hold up then I'd imagine he'd float around in front of Tielemans/Soumare's position with a view to cover the right side more. On a personnel note he's supposed to have a top notch personality so he would fit right in here. 

If this does happen then Kabak is a necessity as a final summer signing and to give our defence a minimum amount of depth. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

The owners had a long term objective to be a top 4 club. At some point we will have to move to the next level in the transfer market to make that achievable. I'm not saying a massive yes to Courtinho, but this is the type of player and transfer that puts out a statement.

It's great to say, "we use the Dortmund model." At the end of the day, Dortmund has one superclub in front of it; we have 6, and at least 3 wannabe "Dortmund models" in the mix. The next level isn't spending 60 million on a player; but it is something that looks a lot like this.

• Like 1

Surely this would mean one of Madders or Perez would have to go, who's combined wages would be about 200k. Adding another 200k for Coutinho would leave us with 400k in wages for 3 players competing for a single CAM position.

People are acting like this is the same as Everton signing James… difference is he had one decent World Cup and not a lot else… Coutinho has 41 goals and 37 assists in the Premier League!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

People are acting like this is the same as Everton signing James… difference is he had one decent World Cup and not a lot else… Coutinho has 41 goals and 37 assists in the Premier League!!! 

I think that is a bit unfair to Rodriguez, he has been a brilliant player in Spain, Portugal, Germany, and France - he actually performed much better than Coutinho has in Spain and Germany