Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

6 hours ago, Koke said:

People on here hate Maddison and love Albrighton. Just shows all you have to do is run around and "work hard" whilst contributing barely nothing in goals and assists and you'll get loved. Maddison have contributed far far more than Albrighton in the last 3 years but you wouldn't know that by reading FT.  

....Albrighton, the player always written off by managers and comes back to claim his position!!!

Stabilised our Right side as we had become weak and inconsistent on that flank, gave us a base to build on  and chance to concentrate elsewhere to improve the team.

He maybe a water carrier but no team can survive on just flair, ask Messi, Ronaldo and Cantona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Arsenal don’t have the pulling power they once did. He’d be foolish to go there.

Vardy realised Arsenal were on the skids, and it’s no different now - if anything there has been more of a shift in our direction.

Can’t see arsenal doing much more than what they did last season, mid table really 

• Like 1

https://www.suburbangooners.com/2021/06/18/james-maddison-aaron-ramsdale-arsenal-links/

Gooner thoughts.

How about we start with James Maddison then? It’s a rumour that has supposedly been born out of the fact that he’s ‘apparently’ had a row with Rodgers. Pfffh. So what? Footballers fall out with teammates, managers, etc, all the time. The reality is that he’s one of their best players, a chief chance creator, plus so much of what they do flows through him. When we beat them at their gaff towards the end of last season it was he who was missing and you could tell they missed that creative spark to play in between the lines. Maddison gives them that and so the idea that they wouldn’t be able to patch up some kind of spat between manager and player is farcical. I also think it is fanciful too, because the one thing Rodgers does appear to do is to get the love and buy in from his players at Leicester and so I’d be surprised if there were any weight to those rumours.

But there’s also the fee too. Leicester got £80million for a decent but not elite centre half in Maguire. £80million. Players at the sharp end of the football pitch always go for more money and given Maddison has so many year’s left on his contract this seems a bit of a silly link to me. We aren’t spending £80million on a creative midfielder, I’m pretty sure of that, but I also don’t think we would because of the message it sends to Emile Smith Rowe. He’s a guy who we need to get tied down and if we get Maddison in and tell him he has the keys to the Arsenal car, what does Smith Rowe think?

Suffice to say I think it’s a non-starter. And I know I referenced £80million on Maddison where the rumours say £60million, but they aren’t letting him go for that low a fee. Not no way, not no how.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Vardy realised Arsenal were on the skids, and it’s no different now - if anything there has been more of a shift in our direction.

Wenger said that he tried very hard to get Vardy. The side had already lost N'Golo, and Mahrez was clearly waiting for the offers to come in. 

I put it down to gratitude and loyalty. No one has really pursued him since and I find that unbelievable. Has he made it clear to the footballing world that he's a City man? I wish there were more like him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gerblod said:

Wenger said that he tried very hard to get Vardy. The side had already lost N'Golo, and Mahrez was clearly waiting for the offers to come in. 

I put it down to gratitude and loyalty. No one has really pursued him since and I find that unbelievable. Has he made it clear to the footballing world that he's a City man? I wish there were more like him.

Reminds me of Larsson in his time at us, after he knocked back Man Utd he'd regularly score 40/50 goals a season but there wasn't much interest in him as people probably thought if he's not willing to leave their for Man Utd then we are wasting our time.

Obviously he went to Barcelona eventually but he said from the moment he signed that last contract it would be his last one and he wanted to go somewhere warm before he finished up.

• Like 4

Provided he can return to full fitness I would keep. I think there might be a sell on clause  as well so those expecting a huge pot of cash if he goes might be disappointed.

Edited by Edingleyfox

46 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Reminds me of Larsson in his time at us, after he knocked back Man Utd he'd regularly score 40/50 goals a season but there wasn't much interest in him as people probably thought if he's not willing to leave their for Man Utd then we are wasting our time.

Obviously he went to Barcelona eventually but he said from the moment he signed that last contract it would be his last one and he wanted to go somewhere warm before he finished up.

I admired Larsson no end. Very, very accomplished player who decided his own future - rather than listening to money talking and letting media chatter influence him. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gerblod said:

Love the last 2 sentences. Hear Hear.

• Thanks 1

Madders has made a few mistakes off field. Who hasn’t?  Some precious fuchers on this forum sometimes. 

He’s a top player who has had a dodgy year. Happens. We’re lucky to have him and he needs to stay and play his part in another fairytale season for the Foxes. Can’t quite believe we win the league again AND the Europa cup, but we do. So chill and enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd sell him for £70 million tbh. Buy someone like de Paul or Brandt for £30 million, spend the rest on Gosens and Madueke. I feel like we rely too heavily on him for creativity, which is a problem because he really needs to be the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 to shine

Is De Paul going for £30m? I know he looks absolutely class. Would be a steal.

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

Just below World class 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣...

What are you smoking?

He's not world class.  He is an influential player in a top 5 club in the Premier League.

Typed from a smoke-free environment