Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has a very good backfoot turn and he looks about world class when he executes it!!!

After executing it, he is half a yard too slow, half a second late in thought and has a tendency not to find the correct weight of pass in the last third. Poor in deadball situations and for him to be surrounded by quality players where he is supported by a team and players dominating the ball, he would be viewed as exceptional, Leicester's version of Ozil.

That's got to be a fitness issue though surely, admittedly his decision making is a bit off currently but last season his through balls and passing were great. Agreed on the deadball stuff though, it seems this has been realised now with Youri and Marc seemingly on corners and Youri on free kicks now.

I was just listening to a transfer podcast with Dean Jones on (eurosport transfer reporter) and he said the reason why Arsenal are linked to so many midfielders, including Maddison, is because they're making lots of enquiries for midfielders as they don't know who will be willing to sign for them based on recent rejections. 

6 minutes ago, turlo said:

I was just listening to a transfer podcast with Dean Jones on (eurosport transfer reporter) and he said the reason why Arsenal are linked to so many midfielders, including Maddison, is because they're making lots of enquiries for midfielders as they don't know who will be willing to sign for them based on recent rejections. 

they're clearly jealous of Tottenham 's  unchallenged role as toxic shite show club of North London and are making a late run to enter 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9692247/Arsenal-make-Leicester-star-James-Maddison-one-main-summer-transfer-targets.html

James Maddison tops Arsenal's transfer wishlist with their main target Martin Odegaard returning to Real Madrid... but Gunners will have to stump up a big fee after Leicester rejected £70MILLION bid for him last summer 

Edited by SHANE_
  • Thanks 1

Your mental if you think we should sell him.

He's literally been one of our better players since signing. I think the last season will have been a real eye opener for him personally, missed a big chunk with injury and missed out on playing for England at a major tournament. I for one think he'll see next season as his chance to get back in with England and also further prove himself in the PL. Can't see him joining Arsenal who at the moment are behind us. 

When he wants to he has the best attitude on the pitch and I think he'll only have developed that over the summer and will put some of his off-field things aside from now on especially with becoming a Dad soon - the best is yet to come in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If he's fit then he's a starter in our best XI, that's quite obvious. It's the fact that he's hardly been fully fit over the last 18 months which puts a question mark on it as playing him when he's obviously not fit is no good for anyone. 

not if we play 343 he isn't he doesn't start LW over a fully fit Barnes

1 hour ago, SHANE_ said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9692247/Arsenal-make-Leicester-star-James-Maddison-one-main-summer-transfer-targets.html

James Maddison tops Arsenal's transfer wishlist with their main target Martin Odegaard returning to Real Madrid... but Gunners will have to stump up a big fee after Leicester rejected £70MILLION bid for him last summer 

This is such a clickbait article. 

Nothing really of any substance except we rejected a bid the previous summer. 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

People can't wait to write a player off, his had terrible luck with injuries, anyone who thinks a fit Maddison isn't a good player needs to look at the stats below and give their head a wobble. 

Maddison        PL 98 games, 21 goals, 15 assists 

Jack Grealish  PL 96 games, 15 goals, 16 assists

Phil Foden       PL 69 games 15 goals, 8 assists

Mason Mount  PL 73 games 13 goals, 10 assists

Maddison is easily below all those players. I can't think of anyone serious who would say he is. I think its okay to say we shouldn't sell if that's your opinion but to argue he is better than them three is ridiculous. There's a reason three of those are wearing an England shirt and Maddison isn't.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Maddison is easily below all those players. I can't think of anyone serious who would say he is. I think its okay to say we shouldn't sell if that's your opinion but to argue he is better than them three is ridiculous. There's a reason three of those are wearing an England shirt and Maddison isn't.

Yes the reason is reoccurring injury to Madison

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Adster said:

Anyone who thinks we should sell is stupid. 

Literally blinded by a few poor games last season whilst trying to get back to fitness. 

A fully fit and firing Maddison then yeah don’t sell but I have huge doubts about this hip injury. He came back from injury 3rd April and for me, he was getting worse as the season went on rather than better ! So much so, he can’t even take corners !

We can’t afford for our main man in such a crucial area of the pitch to play only 50% of the games. We need more reliability. If his hip isn’t an issue then fair enough, but I have major doubts about it 

20 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I’d have maddison over mount any day. Also pre injury he was ahead of Grealish for me. The main reason other than his injury why he’s not involved with England is southgates incompetence. I mean he had Lingard over maddison. 

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He was ahead of Mount and not far off Grealish in the number 10 role up until his Injury at the end of February.  Since then Mount has improved under Tuchel and Maddison has been poor since his return from injury. 

28 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Quote me were I said he was better, I was merely to pointing out his stats stack up against 3 of the brightest English midfield talents in the country. 

If Maddison was fully fit all season he would have made the squad in my view.

43 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Plenty would have ripped this apart less than 4 months ago, things change but let's see what happens next season.

• Like 1