Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

17 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He needs a season injury free and I can see him shining if he manages it.

If he has another season of injuries then he’ll be another one of these guys who never reached their potential.

He should be out key player but I think his tiny frame can’t take the rigours of premier league football. Needs to get stronger.

My post from last night acknowledges he's not fit, seems to have a problem with his hip and/or groin, which I think makes him look awkward when running now.  For 5+ months (and counting) he couldn't finish a game.  In fact it feels like most of last season, come to think of it.

Away at Southampton, pre-game watching him warm up, his body movements didn't look right at all.  I agree with you completely, he is slight of frame and this won't hep him handle the rigours of the Premier League.

......and before anyone thinks I'm just negative on him, I'm not.  The lad is real quality, almost essential in our team lacking in flare players who can unlock a defence, but yes, I am concerned around his fitness.  I'd 100% prefer he stayed, but if silly money is offered then let him go (as I think there is a genuine risk with his long-term fitness).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So it is ok then?  They are less at fault somehow?

Do you know if it was all Maddisons idea or he was just invited?

Again who do you replace him with?

Someone who respects the club and his teammates more!

Of all of our higher priced assets i think he's probably the most expendable and replaceable but no idea if the club shares that view. £70-80m would see us make a massive profit on him and would really give us the opportunity to strengthen the squad in multiple areas. Can't see Arsenal spending that kind of money on him though

42 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So it is ok then?  They are less at fault somehow?

Do you know if it was all Maddisons idea or he was just invited?

Again who do you replace him with?

Perhaps give KDH a chance?.. bet he can take a better corner than Maddison?😂

6 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Notice how we're not hearing anything about this from our ITKs ? 

It's classic arsenal, pretending they're going after players and leaking that to appease their fans. 

A few of the more reputable reports have commented on this and basically said Arsenal are casting a wide net in their search for a creative midfielder due to uncertainty over who will actually be interested in signing for them now a number of players have rejected them - if that's the case its likely he's on the list of enquiries amongst many others. They've probably leaked about Madders to keep fans excited. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Le Renard said:

I just love how some people on here can sell players and redevelop the squad like it is FM or FIFA!  An on form & fit Maddison will be very difficult to replace.

This is very true, but if there's any scouting team that can manage it, it's us!

If we allow him to go, we'll have alternative targets that we've been looking at for ages, who will probably cost a third of what we'll sell Maddison for.

Still can't see it happening anyway, but we'll see.

Guest Bert Fill
2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

True this, always bugs me. Albrighton is a winger - yet his assist stats for the last 4 season have been utter, utter dogshit. He scores a goal, very very occasionally. 'Works hard' though :rolleyes:

Maybe ‘assist stats’ are a load of crap.

I really like Maddison, and wouldn't want to see him go at all - especially this year. That aside, he would be a great fit for Arsenal, so I can see why they might be 'looking at him,' whatever that means. (I assume it means: putting stories in the press, trying to turn his head, not actually making any offers or approaching the club, then eventually settling for some hugely expensive but largely useless retiree from Chelsea.)

Guest Bert Fill
50 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If you're going to continue to hold them accountable, you have hold ALL of them accountable.

Exactly this. You can’t say Maddison should be got rid of for going to a party without saying exactly the same about Barnes.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Does any other clubs fans produce photos of players of other clubs in their own shirt more than Arsenal fans do? Utterly cringeworthy 

This is true.  I think it is because Arsenal have been a powerhouse in relatively recent history, going toe to toe with Fergie's United and being able to get great players.

What happens when you fall from grace and the type of players that you want start rejecting you?  Must be hard to take for Arsenal fans so if they can't sign them at least they can photoshop them instead.

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Does any other clubs fans produce photos of players of other clubs in their own shirt more than Arsenal fans do? Utterly cringeworthy 

they have a good chance of  winning the most players edited in a arsenal top who didn't sign  trophy

arsenal.jpg

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Knew this thread would be full of bitter dads but I also ain’t havin’ any sh*t talked about Albrighton around here, go stuff that.  

No doubt the same ones who were raging about us being linked with Jack Grealish for £20m three years a go because they didn't like his hair amongst other reasons. 

• Haha 2

According to the Leicester Mercury, Leicester City would need to receive a big money offer for James Maddison in order to consider selling him to Arsenal.

The report also statest that they would need Maddison to inform them that he wants to leave.

It is claimed that a deal being reached with the Gunners is 'unlikely' with Maddison having three years left on his current 

35 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Exactly this. You can’t say Maddison should be got rid of for going to a party without saying exactly the same about Barnes.

Lot of people don't like players that are more showy outside the game . If you dress a bit differently or hang out with celebs etc . They're always the ones that get a bit more stick .

Very strange :dunno:

58 minutes ago, happy85 said:

According to the Leicester Mercury, Leicester City would need to receive a big money offer for James Maddison in order to consider selling him to Arsenal.

The report also statest that they would need Maddison to inform them that he wants to leave.

It is claimed that a deal being reached with the Gunners is 'unlikely' with Maddison having three years left on his current 

Make him put in a transfer request so he doesn’t get any of his loyalty bonus