Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1451999/Arsenal-news-Edu-James-Maddison-transfer-30m-sweetener-opinion-comment

Arsenal chief Edu should pursue cut-price James Maddison transfer by using £30m sweetener

So the gist is that they could save cash by giving us willock for £30m as part of the deal.

Willock needs first team football, and he won't get it at mighty arsenal but he'll get into top 5 sides strongest position. 😀😀😀😀😀😀

I thought I was reading an arsenal fan site for those levels of delusion. Yeah, we're obviously struggling in midfield and soumare must be one for the development squad. 🤔🤔🤔🧐🤨🤨🧐🧐🙄🙄🙄🤫🤫🤫🤫

Love the bit about him being a mentor 😄

Would be a mistake to sell him. Can see him having a good season next year on the back of a pre season break. 

• Like 1

I'm 50% sure this could happen, there seems to be enough rumours going around from Arsenal and Maddison's camp to make this sound credible.  If we want to really strengthen the squad without CL football, then history usually tells us that we sell a player every season to fund it.  I don't see why it would be any different this year, unless we've found the magic money tree!

Perhaps Maddison thinks he's hit his ceiling with Leicester and wants to go and play for a fallen giant, his ego will make him think he can help resurect Arsenal.   If he thinks he's had enough criticism by some of the foxes fans, then he's in for a rude awakening if he joins Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I'm 50% sure this could happen, there seems to be enough rumours going around from Arsenal and Maddison's camp to make this sound credible.  If we want to really strengthen the squad without CL football, then history usually tells us that we sell a player every season to fund it.  I don't see why it would be any different this year, unless we've found the magic money tree!

Perhaps Maddison thinks he's hit his ceiling with Leicester and wants to go and play for a fallen giant, his ego will make him think he can help resurect Arsenal.   If he thinks he's had enough criticism by some of the foxes fans, then he's in for a rude awakening if he joins Arsenal.

JC himself couldn't resurrect Arsenal!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I don’t really get this point tbh. I don’t think he has a massive ego at all, no more than anyone else at least. He’ll be here at the start of the season for the simple fact that arsenal won’t pay how much we want, he’d cost more than odegaard who is their first choice. I also can’t understand anyone wanting to sell the player who is head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of creativity, we’re half the team without him. He was comfortably one of the best players in the league between December and February until he was injured, and I was so confident going into games because we had him and Barnes playing so well. If we sold him there is no way we could upgrade on him because he is so good. 

• Thanks 1

There is usually no smoke without fire, what we don’t know is if Rodgers and his backroom

staff have identified a different formation / style of play they want to take the team forward with which means less reliance on a traditional number 10 role, also given Madders injury record over the last couple of seasons, they have may have concerns as to whether he is going to be blighted with injury problems and spend long stretches of the season unavailable.  Finally we don’t really know what damage the COVID party breach did to his relationship with the Management team and fellow squad members and whether that could

be playing a part in this speculation and if the club has decided to cash in and reinvest.

Also there is the other side of the coin that Madders has indeed decided it is time to play for one of the more fashionable clubs, his England chances and those of some of his Leicester team mates have been very limited, and there is every chance that he will be being advised that a move to a traditional big 6 club will enhance his profile and international chances, therefore I do see this as a possibility, I also think this has been leaked to drive further interest and a possible bidding war which would suit all parties. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I don’t think he has a massive ego at all, no more than anyone else at least.

I didn't say he had a massive ego!  I said his ego will think he can go to a club and help lift it up, just like Maguire and many others. 

Edited by Le Renard

Keep,keep, keep.

Hopefully, in a squad where we have enough quality that he plays often but is rotated too.

If we get Daka and a rw , we have great options in midfield and attack.

Ndidi, Soumare, Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, KDH, Barnes, Sowah, new rw, Iheanacho, Daka, Vardy for six positions.  With the possibility of retaining one of Mendy, Choudhury, Perez.

Maddison's quality is definitely something we should be aspiring to keep.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The " other system " will be a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare but then a more attacking right winger with Barnes the other side of Daka or Vardy. 

Rodgers isn't stupid though, he knows that Maddison is one of the most creative players for providing and scoring goals in the squad. The simple maths shows that we'd need to find 15-20 goals a season elsewhere and that's just to replicate what we've already done and to improve on it you need even more.

There's a real dilemma with our team, we need to be better defensively but also better in attack. How we do that is the conundrum but defensive midfielders replacing attacking midfielders tends not to score more goals and if you play 2 strikers then a creative player from midfield usually has to be sacrificed and sometimes the lack of service makes the use of 2 strikers less effective.

We are so close to breaking the top 4, this has been built on 4-2-3-1 and what's let us down has been injuries. We don't need a new system. I like the idea of Soumare coming in in certain games but the missing piece to this squad is a right winger who scores goals.

I don’t even think the right winger will need score goals (obviously some will help!), he’ll just need to cause enough problems to really stretch the pitch and give the other even more space.

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I don’t even think the right winger will need score goals (obviously some will help!), he’ll just need to cause enough problems to really stretch the pitch and give the other even more space.

Agreed, you'd want them to bring at least 10-15 goals and assists but I just want a winger than fits this team and there's players out there. It's not that hard.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Patrick Timmons (@PatrickTimmons1) Tweeted: If we somehow manage to attract James Maddison following our worst season in decades, without even having the attraction of European football, I don’t want to see posts about Leicester replacing us in the ‘big six’ ever again.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Patrick Timmons (@PatrickTimmons1) Tweeted: If we somehow manage to attract James Maddison following our worst season in decades, without even having the attraction of European football, I don’t want to see posts about Leicester replacing us in the ‘big six’ ever again.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nearly bit on this yesterday, different breed Arsenal fans 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Nearly bit on this yesterday, different breed Arsenal fans 

Theyre a special breed. Its not just arsenal though, all the 'big' clubs have a self appointed idiot who spends his life commenting on the club on twitter.

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyre a special breed. Its not just arsenal though, all the 'big' clubs have a self appointed idiot who spends his life commenting on the club on twitter.

I think Man City fans are probably the only relatively normal “big 6” fans I have come across on Twitter

• Like 1