Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

City fans on how they treat Albrighton versus how they treat Maddison 

20210621_110028.jpg.a992406cfc5310e1c3a407403d63bf99.jpg

In fairness, that's cos one of them does stupid shit like breaking lockdown and the other one doesn't. And one of them is incredibly consistent with his form while the other one isn't. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

In fairness, that's cos one of them does stupid shit like breaking lockdown and the other one doesn't. And one of them is incredibly consistent with his form while the other one isn't. 

One of them as well we can’t fetch an inflated fee for and in the process keeping better players at the club for at least another season. 

One of them also doesn’t have an injury record which is beginning to look very poor. 

14 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

By consistent you mean consistently average with abysmal stats for an attacking player then yes I agree with you. If Maddison put up these numbers he'd been shamed and bullied and ran out of the city but because Albrighton "works hard" and doesn't break COVID rules he gets treated with kid gloves. Demarai Gray had similar G+A as Albrighton and he was slandered relentlessly on here. 

Albrighton in the last  4 years. 

20/21 - 1 goal in 31 appearances

19/20 - 0 goals in 20 appearances

18/19 - 2 goals in 27 appearances

17/18 - 2 goals in 34 appearances

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

By consistent you mean consistently average with abysmal stats for an attacking player then yes I agree with you. If Maddison put up these numbers he'd been shamed and bullied and ran out of the city but because Albrighton "works hard" and doesn't break COVID rules he gets treated with kid gloves. Demarai Gray had similar G+A as Albrighton and he was slandered relentlessly on here. 

Albrighton in theadt 4 years. 

17/18 - 2 goals in 34 apoearbdex

Completely agree, it comes down to expectation really. Albrighton is a workhorse and is consistently ok at the job he does. A job where we do not expect him to be controlling games and scoring regularly. Maddison on the other hand can be unreal and unplayable on his day. His stats are actually excellent,  for this reason we expect him to be a star performer consistently. Therefore naturally when he does performance we use him as a scape goat! Albrighton is good but he is almost so understated now days he’s overrated . 😂

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

That's true. 

Marc Albrighton is very, very consistent. 

Consistently worse than Maddison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Koke said:

They play in different positions and Albrighton is exactly what we needed against the better teams to provide protection on that side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't want to start arguing or railing against Maddison because I agree he is a fantastic player in his day. 

I really don't think that stats tell the full story with Albrighton though. There's a lot of hidden value in reliable, workhorse-like players in my opinion.

I used to think that Albrighton was one of the most overrated members of the squad but I really respect the effort he must have put in, to maintain the level he plays at now. He has arguably improved over the past few seasons. 

He sets an excellent example to the younger members of the squad and I think that is a very valuable asset to the club as a whole.

I guess my point is that I think he possesses valuable qualities which can't be easily quantified as stats. 

• Like 3

He’s going nowhere…. Mainly because it’s going to take him ages to take down the England flag bunting he’s currently got draped over the entire front of his house in Notts lollol 

Look, you lot are far more knowledgeable about things than I am as I don't get to see many games and have to rely on reports (and FT :ph34r:) , but surely to compare Maddison and Albrighton is utter nonsense.

Aside from the bleedin' obvious that they play in totally different positions, from what I read Albrighton seems often to brought on to help prop up the defence whilst also keeping their midfield honest - not to provide goals as someone was moaning about earlier

I'm not committed to either of these two, but I'm damn sure that to have a squad of brilliant but one dimensional players who can do only one thing would not be as great as you think.

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

Madders is a weird one for me, as much as I love him and think he's a very good player. He's really inconsistent and is not someone we can rely on to grab a match by the scruff of it's neck and lead us forward. He makes far too many mistakes on and off the pitch and reminds me a bit of Jack Grealish a few years ago. Grealish is now twice the player Maddison is in terms of consistently performing week in week out, If Arsenal want to spent 60m or offer us cash + Willock I wouldnt be heartbroken to see him leave. The money would fund Patson Daka and Soumare and we would be in a stronger position than present in my opinion. 

Love Madders but lost patience with him, he has seemingly regressed since he first lit up the pitch. 

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
3 hours ago, Koke said:

It’s almost as if judging footballers purely on statistics is an extremely silly thing to do.