Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Why are there freaks on here using every Transfer Talk thread to trash Albrighton?

Half term I think.

3 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

With the best will in the world, I find it hard to believe how dismissive some of you lot are about some of our all time greats. 

leicester-citys-marc-albrighton-lifts-the-trophy-as-the-team-celebrate-G8XGWC.jpg

5 years ago now mate.

He's 31 and will be 32 before our Europe League group stage ends.

Good things never last and it's high time we bought in a winger to replace him. He doesn't get into the first 11 of anyone north of about 15th in the Prem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

It’s almost as if judging footballers purely on statistics is an extremely silly thing to do.

No its not silly. Goals and assists matter a lot and attacking players are mainly judged on that. 

The only compliment people can give Albrighton is that he works hard. Nostalgia merchants like you love Albrighton because we got him on a free and he was good in our system 5 years ago. Maddison's treatment by City fans on here is disgraceful and there's a crossover between people who hate on Maddison and love Albrighton, even though Maddison have contributed far far more than Albrighton in the last 3 years. 

Just now, Koke said:

No its not silly. Goals and assists matter a lot and attacking players are mainly judged on that. 

The only compliment people can give Albrighton is that he works hard. Nostalgia merchants like you love Albrighton because we got him on a free and he was good in our system 5 years ago. Maddison's treatment by City fans on here is disgraceful and there's a crossover between people who hate on Maddison and love Albrighton, even though Maddison have contributed far far more than Albrighton in the last 3 years. 

Take this sh*t and your hang up somewhere else, man. This thread is beyond strange. 

Just now, The_77 said:

Take this sh*t and your hang up somewhere else, man. This thread is beyond strange. 

You have no problem with Maddison, one of our better players, getting absolutely kicked from pillar to post on here, including this thread, but a few critical comments on Albrighton and it sends you over a cliff. 

Just now, Koke said:

You have no problem with Maddison, one of our better players, getting absolutely kicked from pillar to post on here, including this thread, but a few critical comments on Albrighton and it sends you over a cliff. 

It didn’t send me anywhere. I just think your posts are very strange and in the wrong thread so I said so. Add this one to the list. 

Albrighton was pivotal and immense during our title winning season, he's still reliable though not anywhere near as creative /dangerous any more!

Not to be dissed but the topic is Maddison, who if his hip isn't a long term problem is a creative class act who we should unquestionably keep imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Albrighton was pivotal and immense during our title winning season, he's still reliable though not anywhere near as creative /dangerous any more!

Not to be dissed but the topic is Maddison, who if his hip isn't a long term problem is a creative class act who we should unquestionably keep imo.

A lot of people on here could learn a thing a two from Marc Albrighton about how to conduct oneself with class. Makes ya think, there’s just might be a reason why he’s still here with so many young and immature signings coming through…

…and yes, as you said, let’s get back to the topic!

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nostalgia merchants like you

That’s quite a leap from my saying that judging footballers only by statistics is stupid.

And I don’t think I care for your tone.

Maddison is a very likable guy and in terms of his football there is something there, which we want to see more of! So it will be sad to see him go. He's different to Chilwell, who I was glad he went, poor attitude, crap performance's on the pitch. Chilwell thinks he better then he really is, very overrated and unlikeable, quite the opposite to Madders.

• Sad 1

At the risk of derailing the thread further, Albrighton being some 7 out of 10 every week model of consistency is one of the biggest myths going. If anything I'd say the quality of his performances varies pretty wildly, probably more so than anyone else in the squad except maybe Iheanacho and Vardy. When he's good he's great, but when he's bad he's atrocious and hugely limiting. I don't think it's disrespectful to him and what he's helped the club achieve to say he really shouldn't be featuring all that regularly for a team with ambitions of getting into the Champions League.

Anyway, Maddison - good player, plenty of room for improvement, don't sell.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Off to The Arse with Joe Willock coming our way as part of the deal?....

Get it done!!

Does anyone really think that Joe ****ing Willock is in the same league as Maddison? 

Some heads need wobbling. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

A lot of people on here could learn a thing a two from Marc Albrighton about how to conduct oneself with class. Makes ya think, there’s just might be a reason why he’s still here with so many young and immature signings coming through…

…and yes, as you said, let’s get back to the topic!

One thing about Albrighton that strikes me is that each new manager drops him, then slowly comes round to how much he contributes, and he gets his place back. He is a diamond in the rough, and has a very good attitude.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Does anyone really think that Joe ****ing Willock is in the same league as Maddison? 

Just wobbled my head!...

Same answer post wobble..

Maddison is overrated and I'm not hacked whatsoever if he goes and we get Willock as part of the deal.

Guest Bert Fill
3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Am I missing something? Albrighton had a good season last season and we looked far better with him in the side than without him. Didn't look past it at all to me.

Of course you’re missing something. You’re missing the stats. Albrighton is crap and I can prove it with stats.

Schmeichel made lots of saves last season. Albrighton made none. Not one. Rubbish. Get rid.

No way should we be selling Maddison unless that hip injury will cripple him. 

And comparisons to Albrighton are pointless. Different types of players in different positions, with Albrighton's main attributes being that work rate and crossing, whereas Maddison has more to his game. 

9 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Maddison is more of a fashion guru than a footballer. Let him go if the price is right. 

Never seen Kate Moss stick one top bins off her weaker foot and then do a darts impression.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

would take him as a back up to Madders not as a replacement. 

3 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

@Chocolate Teapot always likes a swap deal. What do you reckon to Madders for Willock CT? :ph34r:

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I bloody hope not. Willock will get the same treatment as Maddison gets now when he doesn't perform to the levels Maddison can.