Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Unfortunately you'd only get enough for a new set of goalposts from the sale of Perez. 

Having seen the state of our pitch, we could use some

new goalposts, to be fair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Which first teamer do you want to lose instead? please dont say none as it doesnt fit our business plan.

Its not our business plan to actively sell players, but we will sell if we get an offer that we think is the right money for a player. We have a fair amount of money to be made this summer from potentially selling fringe players. Hamza -£10m

Ghezzal -£7m

Praet -£15m

Ward -£15-20m (after a good euros so far)

Knight -£1m

Amartey -£5m

Mendy -£5-7m

I'm not saying we should or will sell all these players but for once we actually have some value in our fringe players and could actually go a window without selling a key player. It all depends on what offers come in. If youri doesn't sign a new deal then we would prob sell for anything north of £60m to protect our investment as next summer with only a year left, his value would plummet. Club have said £80m for Madders apparently but if someone bids anything above £60m and we would sell. 

All ifs buts and maybes and we won't sell more than 1 key player but i don't think we have to sell a key player either  

Not to mention the wages we will save next season on Morgan, Fuchs, Gray and Slimani but hopefully these wages will be used to improve deals for the likes of Tielemans

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Odegaard has said he's staying at Real Madrid, so Arsenal might try to come in again for Maddison.

But looks like we don't want to sell and based on Maddison's social media activity, he's not interested either. 

So funny seeing arsenal fans get annoyed at Aston Villa bidding for ESR yet they’re trying to sign Maddison? The hypocrisy is incredible to see.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

So funny seeing arsenal fans get annoyed at Aston Villa bidding for ESR yet they’re trying to sign Maddison? The hypocrisy is incredible to see.

I suspect they are more annoyed that players would rather play for Leicester or Aston Villa than Arsenal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

So with white going for £50m, you’d suggest Maddison would be worth around £75/80m?

I really don’t think white is £50m good. He’s decent, but shows that just being English carries a lot of value. It’s all a bit bonkers if you ask me. 

7 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

So with white going for £50m, you’d suggest Maddison would be worth around £75/80m?

certainly my thoughts too, if they are willing to spend that on Ben White, then we should be looking at £75/80mil for Maddison 

and as said already, they have some decent players themselves already at the club(who can play where JM does) in ESR and Willock,

tho i think some of it is from the arsenal side to appease their fans, since they seem to be a thirsty and fickle bunch

On 23/06/2021 at 20:38, OhYesNdidi said:

You're not differentiating between fans and club. What Arsenal do, as a club, has nothing to do with however hypocritical their fans act.

It's the usual outburst of 'big six' entitled fury when they believe next season will be as unrewarding as the past however many seasons since Wenger was eased out.

• Like 1