Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lads working his bollocks off in this close season, which is good to see. I still think he played the whole of last season at 70% fitness…. Good to see him putting the hard yards in.  

Pleased to see him taking free kicks yesterday on his Instagram, hopefully means his hip is all good again

50 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lads working his bollocks off in this close season, which is good to see. I still think he played the whole of last season at 70% fitness…. Good to see him putting the hard yards in.  

Yeah fair ****s, I've given him some stick since he's been here but on his day he's a top player, just hope we get to see that player for most of next season.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't give a monkey's what Southgate's opinion on Maddison, or anyone else is. 

Southgate wouldn't even.make our backroom staff. He's an u/23 coach, tops. Speaks well, creates good culture, ambassadorial....but tactically speaking- and coaching standards - he's unfit to contribute to an elite player's- (such as madders) development 

Totally agree with this 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't give a monkey's what Southgate's opinion on Maddison, or anyone else is. 

Southgate wouldn't even.make our backroom staff. He's an u/23 coach, tops. Speaks well, creates good culture, ambassadorial....but tactically speaking- and coaching standards - he's unfit to contribute to an elite player's- (such as madders) development 

The only thing hampering Maddison's developed at the moment is injury and himself. 

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's great and I agree on Southgate, but I was replying to @Ric Flair's comment about Southgate likely not picking Maddison even if he'd scored and assisted 15

I remember Vardy doing similar in 2011 or 2012? Realised in the off season he needs to work harder and train harder so he put in the hard yards over the summer and it paid off hugely when the season started.

Hopefully see the same for Maddison. 

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Tbf what evidence has he shown on the back end of last season to be picked?? On form he does not deserve to playing for England 

He doesn't deserve to be in there this summer, he did deserve to be in there previously though and at times wasn't. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

That's great and I agree on Southgate, but I was replying to @Ric Flair's comment about Southgate likely not picking Maddison even if he'd scored and assisted 15

Southgate is a personality man and if he doesn't like you he won't play you. In the beginning on madders first season it took long enough to get on the bench and I remember this well because Southgate bought 2 players on down the pecking order (bad choice of words but you know what I mean) in the 2nd half of the 2nd international game of that season and in the last 10 minutes. This was at a time when madders was extremely well regarded on form. 

To a degree a think errors at his level should be brushed off and for player/manager to move on. But Southgate can do that. Southgate is outdated in terms of academy's in my opinion. When he was playing and developing their were only really the top 6 that has the best development coaches because those teams could afford them. I think that's why Southgate to a large degree sticks to this ethos. He's done it on occasions whereby players have come back off long term injury and he's kicked unfortunate players off the rota that he was forced to play.

I'm hoping madders first season here went to his head a little and that partly why last year was a bad one. If he carrys on like his current, off of his own back and takes that forward back to how he was (and stays there) then Southgate will in the end be forced to play him. 

God to hope the FA haven't said Southgate can take us to the next world Cup even if we lose our next game.

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

A2D0787E-8589-485C-9EF4-4E9E31948F6D.thumb.jpeg.e494ff6b155eb548489fa9916ddd8730.jpegMistake me if I’m wrong but is this England or is it out away kit from 2 season back?

I meant there were other England squads he wasn't called up to that he deserved to be in, not that he'd never been called up. 

https://theathletic.com/2675568/2021/06/27/arsenal-target-up-to-five-major-signings-maddison-unlikely-but-ramsdale-muldur-and-gutierrez-on-radar/

Arsenal target up to five major signings – Maddison unlikely

The Athletic understands a deal for the playmaker could prove prohibitively expensive in a summer when Arsenal have so much to attend to. Even if Maddison is admired at London Colney, there has been no movement on any mooted deal.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://theathletic.com/2675568/2021/06/27/arsenal-target-up-to-five-major-signings-maddison-unlikely-but-ramsdale-muldur-and-gutierrez-on-radar/

The Athletic understands a deal for the playmaker could prove prohibitively expensive in a summer when Arsenal have so much to attend to. Even if Maddison is admired at London Colney, there has been no movement on any mooted deal.

"The Athletic understands" is turning into the new "sky sources"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I could have told you that 2 months ago lol

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"The Athletic understands" is turning into the new "sky sources"

Except they have proper reporters there with actual contacts, unlike Sky who just copy something off twitter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Except they have proper reporters there with actual contacts, unlike Sky who just copy something off twitter. 

My understanding [Holy Crap, that sounded like "Sky Sports understand" too] is that The Athletic reporters are under orders not to report rumors, at least not in their copy, and their transfer stories have to have actual sourced material (not necessarily named, of course.). When they launched, they said they were going to avoid the transfer rumor merry-go-round. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maddison mentioned so wouldn't be shocked to see Arsenal still trying to get talks going

They are skint.

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

They are skint.

This! 

Only way Arsenal go big on Maddison is if they Sell Smith-Rowe, Laccazette (rumours he is going) Xhaka and Bellerain. 

If they sell them all they will be be just about able to bid about the 65m ish it would cost for us to think about it. 

They need to strengthen all over the park and if they keep Smith-Rowe (which they probably will) Maddison isnt / wouldnt be a target for them.

And with all this said i dont think Maddison would be interested in a move to Arsenal. Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool maybe OR even a move to Spain or Germany but i think he would feel his next move needs to be a bigger one.