Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

2 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Would anyone entertain a Smith-Rowe plus cash exchange for Madders?

Smith Rowe is a 10 million pound player max. Achieved nothing only status he has atm is he works for Arsenal.

85m and Smith Rowe maybe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

They are skint.

Their 3 likely signings White, Lokonga & Nuno Tavares will cost 80 - 90 mill, which will be a lot of their budget gone. They will then have to clear out players like Lucas Torreira, Guendouz, Maitland-Niles, Bellerín etc to fund the CAM they're after - the reports are at the minute they are enquiring about a number of creative midfielders to see who would be interested with a view of making a move later in the window

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Only reason to get rid of Maddison willingly is if we don't plan to play in a formation that suits him or if his hip injury is feared to be a lifetime injury.

Would you rather work for Top or for Stan Kroenke's kid?

Play for a seeded Europa League club or not play European football?

Be coached by Rodgers or Draculetta?

If he rates himself, Maddison will want a move based on more than location. 

I suspect that if he goes, it will be a he-didn't-jump-he-was-pushed thing ... to do with one of the factors you mention, and to provide funds for our signings.

17 minutes ago, turlo said:

Their 3 likely signings White, Lokonga & Nuno Tavares will cost 80 - 90 mill, which will be a lot of their budget gone. They will then have to clear out players like Lucas Torreira, Guendouz, Maitland-Niles, Bellerín etc to fund the CAM they're after - the reports are at the minute they are enquiring about a number of creative midfielders to see who would be interested with a view of making a move later in the window

Xhaka leaving for about €20m, could definitely get about another £50-60m for those other players

Also the rumours around Smith-Rowe and Villa, Willock and Newcastle, Nketiah possibly leaving

Could end up with plenty of money to spend even after their initial outlay on White, Lokonga, and Tavares

33 minutes ago, turlo said:

They will end up with Coutinho, has Arsenal written all over it 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

They will end up with Coutinho, has Arsenal written all over it 

I reckon Mahrez might end up there if he becomes surplus to requirements at Man City. He has property in London and wanted to join a London club before he went to Man City

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Xhaka leaving for about €20m, could definitely get about another £50-60m for those other players

Also the rumours around Smith-Rowe and Villa, Willock and Newcastle, Nketiah possibly leaving

Could end up with plenty of money to spend even after their initial outlay on White, Lokonga, and Tavares

Arsenal were defensively sound last season , really don't need to change much there. Auba was way off the pace , he got nowhere near earning his huge salary. However if he gets back to form they will be a threat. Personally though I don't see any reason for Maddison to go there , its only a sideways move. They only thing to consider is how he and Soumaré would fit together.

On 23/06/2021 at 17:03, jayfox26 said:

Its not our business plan to actively sell players, but we will sell if we get an offer that we think is the right money for a player. We have a fair amount of money to be made this summer from potentially selling fringe players. Hamza -£10m

Ghezzal -£7m

Praet -£15m

Ward -£15-20m (after a good euros so far)

Knight -£1m

Amartey -£5m

Mendy -£5-7m

I'm not saying we should or will sell all these players but for once we actually have some value in our fringe players and could actually go a window without selling a key player. It all depends on what offers come in. If youri doesn't sign a new deal then we would prob sell for anything north of £60m to protect our investment as next summer with only a year left, his value would plummet. Club have said £80m for Madders apparently but if someone bids anything above £60m and we would sell. 

All ifs buts and maybes and we won't sell more than 1 key player but i don't think we have to sell a key player either  

Not to mention the wages we will save next season on Morgan, Fuchs, Gray and Slimani but hopefully these wages will be used to improve deals for the likes of Tielemans

First team players bring the big money hence it is what we do, we buy young, improve them, keep them in the first team, we sell later for a profit, we have been doing it for year's now.

It is this which allows us to have the wage budget where it is.

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

First team players bring the big money hence it is what we do, we buy young, improve them, keep them in the first team, we sell later for a profit, we have been doing it for year's now.

It is this which allows us to have the wage budget where it is.

I agree with most of what you're saying however the bit about wages, how do the likes of Everton and Palace get away with it? They have much bigger wage bills than we do. Obviously our club is run better and we are much more financially sound than them 2 clubs but I'm not sure our wage bill is that high really. Selling a player each year has allowed us to reinvest in the squad each year but I don't believe we actively look to sell players but also won't keep players if they want to leave and every player has a price. For example maddison. Apparently Arsenal want him. Would we sell? Yes. Would we sell for a price Arsenal could afford/would be willing to pay. Probably not. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree with most of what you're saying however the bit about wages, how do the likes of Everton and Palace get away with it? They have much bigger wage bills than we do. Obviously our club is run better and we are much more financially sound than them 2 clubs but I'm not sure our wage bill is that high really. Selling a player each year has allowed us to reinvest in the squad each year but I don't believe we actively look to sell players but also won't keep players if they want to leave and every player has a price. For example maddison. Apparently Arsenal want him. Would we sell? Yes. Would we sell for a price Arsenal could afford/would be willing to pay. Probably not. 

They don't have bigger wage bills than us.

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Everton do. Palace don't.

At least according to this

https://www.sportingfree.com/football/premier-league-clubs-wage-bills/

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

That most likely doesn't include all the players Palace have released 

Doubt it. They've released about half their playing squad. We have very similar wage bills - neither of those reports include the fact we've got the third highest paid manager and coaching staff in the prem too.

7 hours ago, turlo said:

I reckon Mahrez might end up there if he becomes surplus to requirements at Man City. He has property in London and wanted to join a London club before he went to Man City

Mahrez is in line with a new deal with City although I can't imagine it'll be anything over 2 years + remaining.

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

15 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Everton do. Palace don't.

At least according to this

https://www.sportingfree.com/football/premier-league-clubs-wage-bills/

Not sure how accurate any of these websites are but according to this, last season Palace's wage bill was higher than ours. Of course next season, with our potential signings and them releasing a lot of players and probably replacing them with cheaper options, means our wage bill will dwarf theirs,  but my original point was, im not convinced we actively sell our best players to fund our wage bill. 

Screenshot_20210629-231713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-231719_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by jayfox26

14 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure how accurate any of these websites are but according to this, last season Palace's wage bill was higher than ours. Of course next season, with our potential signings and them releasing a lot of players and probably replacing them with cheaper options, means our wage bill will dwarf theirs,  but my original point was, im not convinced we actively sell our best players to fund our wage bill. 

Screenshot_20210629-231713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-231719_Samsung Internet.jpg

Palace spent about £25m less on wages in the last accounts.