Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

It’s the fact that it’s Arsenal that makes me doubt this is true. They could only afford Pepe by paying the £72m in instalments with £20m up front. And that went so badly they launched an internal investigation about it. As with Maguire and Chilwell, I imagine we’d want the bulk of the fee up front, and we’d realistically want £70m-80m for him.

And add-ons, Slabhead and Chilwell went to clubs who had both recently won the Europa League and we should be getting cash from Chelsea’s CL win. What add-ons can Arsenal offer us? They’re not even IN Europe, have never been further from winning the league and haven’t won the League Cup since 1993. They have an annoying knack of winning the FA Cup no matter how shit they are but that’s realistically it. 

Arsenal are finished as a big club. They’re in such a mess and I’d much rather we adopt a policy of never selling to them after the arrogant way they went after Vardy and Mahrez. Unless of course, Maddison’s injury is worse than we thought and we CAN get silly money for him from them, I’d be very happy to contribute to their downfall and punish the cvnts for joining the Super League. 

Finish them Suze. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose they have that luxury

saying that they only got 10 mill for Guendouzi, which was way less than expected. they would have to be raking in close to 20m each for the likes of  Torreira, Bellerin Xhaka to build up a decent kitty. 

6 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I cant see Madders leaving ,the foxes have European football where arsenal have nothing 

Think that is just recency bias talking tbh. Arsenal are a huge club, a relevant club who are struggling at present. With such riches, support and reputation, they will return to previous success at some point. Not suggesting he will leave, but Arsenal’s current plight may be short lived.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Guest ttfn

The cycle of a James Maddison transfer rumour:

1) Source suggests a big club are after him

2) Some people suggest that maybe we might be able to get more cash than his value to us.

3) Furious backlash that we’d ever consider selling one of our “best players” to a lesser club.

4) Turns out the rumour was nonsense anyway.

5) Maddison plays well for 6-8 weeks before getting injured

6) Source suggests a big club are after him etc.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I cant see Madders leaving ,the foxes have European football where arsenal have nothing 

Apart from the ability to double his wages....

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I hope this is a translated article. Grammar is terrible. 

who is Arsenal Bell? Is he at the end?

It's an arabic Arsenal ITK account, who's supposedly got links to various agents etc. He called the Pepe and Party deals sometime before the likes of Romano caught wind of things.

image.png.2b8c382ca1a6dd5a97bccbdc76a6feb9.png

For the right fee, yes.

Given his age, quality, potential and PL Tax you're looking at approx £60-70m. 

With that kind of income, we could do a good job of improving other areas of the squad, or even as his replacement. He's not dispensable and we're in a good position where we can command a fee and stick with it. If we lose him but get good money for him, so be it. If he stays, we keep a decent player who enjoys being at the club (supposedly) for at least another season.

This might sound harsh, but I think Maddison is overrated, and I'm not surprised he didn't make the England team.

There is no doubt he has some moments of brilliance, whether it be a great free-kick, long-range shot, or through ball.

However, those moments are inconsistent. Maddison is weak physically, easily thrown off the ball, and at times can feel like a passenger. He doesn't pull his weight, basically.

Also, he seems a bit too interested in the limelight, a bit of a "fancy Dan".

I don't think Maddison is what Arsenal need, since he's a showboating flashy player that lacks grit, but if they offer him £200k a week, his ego will probably take it. £60million for him, I think is good business.

• Like 3

the tell tail sign if there's something in this will be if we start being seriously linked replacement attacking midfielders over the next 6 weeks. can't seeing us selling late then rushing around at the last minute loaded with cash, trying to get a replacement in

6 minutes ago, flanimal said:

This might sound harsh, but I think Maddison is overrated, and I'm not surprised he didn't make the England team.

There is no doubt he has some moments of brilliance, whether it be a great free-kick, long-range shot, or through ball.

However, those moments are inconsistent. Maddison is weak physically, easily thrown off the ball, and at times can feel like a passenger. He doesn't pull his weight, basically.

Also, he seems a bit too interested in the limelight, a bit of a "fancy Dan".

I don't think Maddison is what Arsenal need, since he's a showboating flashy player that lacks grit, but if they offer him £200k a week, his ego will probably take it. £60million for him, I think is good business.

He didn’t make the england squad cos he wasn’t ft and had no chance  getting fit and recovering his form  …….

Guest ttfn
Just now, st albans fox said:

He didn’t make the england squad cos he wasn’t ft and had no chance  getting fit and recovering his form  …….

There’s no way he would have made the squad anyway. Foden, Grealish and Mount are a long way ahead of him. He’s got 1 (?) England cap for a reason. Southgate doesn’t rate him, rightly or wrongly.

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

There’s no way he would have made the squad anyway. Foden, Grealish and Mount are a long way ahead of him. He’s got 1 (?) England cap for a reason. Southgate doesn’t rate him, rightly or wrongly.

In the form he showed jan/feb before his injury, he would have got in ……

• Like 1
  • Haha 1