Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

8 minutes ago, turlo said:

Pretty much sums arsenal fans up.  Aouar has had to tell the Arsenal twitter virgins to stop stalking his friend on social media!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-houssem-aouar-agent-transfer-24507077

Tbf if Maddison does leave, wouldn’t mind us having a look at aouar as his replacement. Isn’t he supposed to be available at a realistic price this year? 

Don’t want him to go, but if he does maybe we can negate the loss by playing 4-3-3 with Tielemans, Ndidi & Soumare?

Would probably need to sign another central player for strength in depth, unless we keep Praet as an option? 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ttfn said:

There’s no way he would have made the squad anyway. Foden, Grealish and Mount are a long way ahead of him. He’s got 1 (?) England cap for a reason. Southgate doesn’t rate him, rightly or wrongly.

Maddison was probably fit for 50% of the games last season and yet still had more assists and goals than Mount who played every minute of every game for Chelsea. Oh and he was one behind Foden who played for the dominant team in the league. Really don't get the negativity about Maddison on here. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shane said:

Don’t want him to go, but if he does maybe we can negate the loss by playing 4-3-3 with Tielemans, Ndidi & Soumare?

Would probably need to sign another central player though, unless we keep Praet as an option? 

This. What a midfield three that would be! Not to mention, I think you'll get a lot more than £60mil, more like £70-80m, even Romano said Leicester won't sell unless a crazy bid comes in. With that money you could have a go at Berardi, Tarkowski even, Pereira/Aouar, even Coutinho on loan with Barca's financial situation. I think it's a win-win if we let him go and crazy money comes in.

2 minutes ago, Adam_LCFC said:

This. What a midfield three that would be! Not to mention, I think you'll get a lot more than £60mil, more like £70-80m, even Romano said Leicester won't sell unless a crazy bid comes in. With that money you could have a go at Berardi, Tarkowski even, Pereira/Aouar, even Coutinho on loan with Barca's financial situation. I think it's a win-win if we let him go and crazy money comes in.

If that’s the case I want the chuffer gone now when you look at it like that!

I love Madders. Want him to stay, and really prove himself this year. Stay fit, and push on. I couldn’t give a shiny shite what he does in his own time! “Young, good looking 24 year old, win lots of money, was caught on camera having a right laugh, shock/horror!”

• Like 2

Maddison is the closest thing we’ve had to Mahrez in so much as he is the type of player who can do something out of nothing. This is critical in games where teams are set up to avoid defeat and so if he does go, we need a replacement. I can’t see how we will have enough guile without him.

All this being said, I hope he doesn’t go and especially not to Arsenal as we’ll be making our competition stronger

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Maddison was probably fit for 50% of the games last season and yet still had more assists and goals than Mount who played every minute of every game for Chelsea. Oh and he was one behind Foden who played for the dominant team in the league. Really don't get the negativity about Maddison on here. 

Doesn’t matter what his numbers were, Mount is a teachers pet and the others are simply far better players. He wasn’t getting in over them in a month of Sundays.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Tbf if Maddison does leave, wouldn’t mind us having a look at aouar as his replacement. Isn’t he supposed to be available at a realistic price this year? 

Arsenal have been linked to him for around 25-30 mill. Lyon are struggling financially as well

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Doesn’t matter what his numbers were, Mount is a teachers pet and the others are simply far better players. He wasn’t getting in over them in a month of Sundays.

Behave mount is a far superior player 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

The arsenal shirt does not look good on madders ,said it before not for sale end of?