Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

£30m + Willock feels more Arsenal

More Arsenal yes, but we do the buisness that we feel will benefit us, and are notoriously known for doing so.

Arsenal fans seem to think they are in the driving seat, but they are not.

He wont be going anywhere if it doesn`t suit us.

That said, if they offer what we deem to be good enough, i wouldn`t be surprised to see him go.

Potentially there is a fantastic player in there, but he has been dogged by injuries, and has only really shown flashes of what he could be, but i expect it would take £60 million minimum for us to think about it, and that is a huge gamble for Arsenal to take, for someone who has struggled to stay fit during a season. 

It would be tempting if we can find a suitable replacement first.

To be honest, i`m, more worried about losing Tielemans, that would feel like a massive blow, and maybe even a possible step backwards.

Edited by smudger63

20 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

How can arsenal offer maddison double what he's on now, directly to the player, when he's our player? I thought a fee had to be agreed before they could theoretically approach him no?

Like we agreed terms with Soumare back in Feb according to Romano. It's all done via intermediaries to verbally agree terms etc then negotiate with the clubs formally once they are sure the player will sign

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

The backend of the season he looked awful, like most have said, if we get a decent offer,  sell him.

He was injured to be fair ,cant see us selling Madders and Yt ,BR is not going to offload 2 players not with there quality  ,that would be a big disaster, tbh has either player asked to leave the club ,

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I can well see this happening.

Arsenal need to make a statement. We wouldn't mind the cash and he's ruffled a few feathers at leicester.

If it is indeed true - it could be a win win.

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can well see this happening.

Arsenal need to make a statement. We wouldn't mind the cash and he's ruffled a few feathers at leicester.

If it is indeed true - it could be a win win.

They haven't got the money, unless we seriously want him gone and are willing to accept 5 years worth of instalments at about £45m. It's fallacy from this Arsenal salads.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They haven't got the money, unless we seriously want him gone and are willing to accept 5 years worth of instalments at about £45m. It's fallacy from this Arsenal salads.

You would have said the same last summer but they paid 45m for partey straight up. They'll have some cash.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You would have said the same last summer but they paid 45m for partey straight up. They'll have some cash.

I can't see it, they've already spent £25m. I don't see them paying £55-60m for Maddison, anything less than that won't tempt us.

It's not an attitude issue or what he gets up to on his personal life that makes me think we should entertain offers for him. He's a very talented boy but I think for the money being quoted he doesn't impact enough games for long periods to justify keeping hold of him. I feel that money would be well spent on an adequate replacement and free up cash to strengthen other areas of the squad 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's not an attitude issue or what he gets up to on his personal life that makes me think we should entertain offers for him. He's a very talented boy but I think for the money being quoted he doesn't impact enough games for long periods to justify keeping hold of him. I feel that money would be well spent on an adequate replacement and free up cash to strengthen other areas of the squad 

Shades of Maguire for me in that I like him and I'd be happy if he stayed but he's not so good as to be irreplaceable. If it's a choice (not that it is necessarily) between keeping him or selling him and buying a quality winger plus putting the change towards a creative midfield replacement then I think we let him go without too much thought. All academic mind as I don't see anyone stumping up for him this window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

He was injured to be fair ,cant see us selling Madders and Yt ,BR is not going to offload 2 players not with there quality  ,that would be a big disaster, tbh has either player asked to leave the club ,

.......that is not how it works!!!

A large offer comes in and decision will have to be made, like...this is a good price, who is out there that we can replace him with, how much will that cost, is it realistic that he would come.

If Arsenal offer us £70m.....it changes everything.

Maddison pre-injury last season was the Maddison “he thinks he is”. Very good. Assists, goals, movement the lot. He picked up an injury and was put back in the team due to the need for us to get results. Had he not had that injury, some who think he isn’t good enough would have different opinions.

Selling to Arsenal, even at a high fee gives off the wrong message. Do we really want to “disrupt” the big 6 love in or just play a part as a plucky outsider. They finished 9th twice do we see them as potential rivals for a top 6 finish or a bigger club. Selling here has a knock on effect. 

I’ll be honest. I don’t want him to go and it will hurt if he does. We have a very good fit starting 11 and really think our two signings so far add to that. The third, adds real depth to the squad. We must build and not strengthen our rivals in the meantime. I’m fully aware it doesn’t work like that when you get a ridiculous offer but would love to see Madders and Tielemans, alongside Ndidi and the rest make the top 4/CL with us one day. I also think they have at least one more trophy in them. 

The stresses of supporting Leicester, even in the off season just don’t go away lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

They both pipped us to champions league places because our form fell off a cliff both times with ten games to play.  That's nothing to do with either Maguire or Chilwell.

I would argue that it had quite a lot to do with Chilwell in the 2019/20 season. He had his head turned by Chelsea and didn't want to play for us towards the end of that campaign. I'm very bitter towards him for that and can't wish him success for the future.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

He's such a difficult one to judge is Maddison. I could see him when completely injury free and in peak condition really pushing on and being a consistent top player in the league.

This hip is a bit of a worry though as it's not a part of the body you usually hear about being a common problem for players, which is worrying. 

I think If we sold him, which would mean he'd pass a medical, we'd end up regretting it somehow...

16 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I would argue that it had quite a lot to do with Chilwell in the 2019/20 season. He had his head turned by Chelsea and didn't want to play for us towards the end of that campaign. I'm very bitter towards him for that and can't wish him success for the future.

Chilwell is just sh*t though. Found out by England and slowly being found out by Chelsea. He'll be at somewhere like Southampton in 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Chilwell is just sh*t though. Found out by England and slowly being found out by Chelsea. He'll be at somewhere like Southampton in 3 years. 

Massively overrated player,  it used to make me cringe before he left us when some of our fans were rolling out the cliche  he’s got to be good he’s Englands first choice left back 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If we're selling we need to have his replacement in first. We can't arse around looking for a creative player to fill a void.

....get Pereira in, he can play as a right forward, on the left and the #10 position!!!

In a 4-3-3 we would be playing (what a lot of people would class as) our best eleven.

Kasper

Castagne Forfana Evans Thomas

Soumare  Ndidi   Tielemans

M. Pereira  Daka    Barnes

The #10 spot is not always going to be  a position we will be looking to utilise next season, it is part of our options in a season of rotations.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

Unfortunately madders seems to have lost his way. He wears the most ridiculous things to MATCH DAY sometimes even and he was never like that in his first season where he got his head down and played football. It appears his heads been turned my Chilwell and others about London clubs and life. I could be wrong but why advertise yourself on social media doing training session in marbella? Every other pro has to stick to the clubs fitness plan when they're out of season but they don't advertise it. It wouldn't surprise me if he's done this to get fit for a move because the last 18 months have saw little motivation to me. Some people compare his position to Mounts but he lacks stamina and doesn't have that authoritive persona about him that mount does.

If we are playing with a no.10 behind 2 no.9's then he's important this season until we can replace him. Then again he's still important because perez is the only offensive playmaker in the team (Tielemans all rounder).

I watched him from day one and still love the guy, he shows he cares about a lot of things in life, but I think he's got lazy with his football.

I'd like to see him told that if he wants a sale next year then show it, therefore increasing his sale value next year. He has 3 years left on his contract so It shouldn't be a problem. However all of this nonsense of £50-60mil is ludicrous. With a good season behind him we should be demanding £70-80mil minimum.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Unfortunately madders seems to have lost his way. He wears the most ridiculous things to MATCH DAY sometimes even and he was never like that in his first season where he got his head down and played football. It appears his heads been turned my Chilwell and others about London clubs and life. I could be wrong but why advertise yourself on social media doing training session in marbella? Every other pro has to stick to the clubs fitness plan when they're out of season but they don't advertise it. It wouldn't surprise me if he's done this to get fit for a move because the last 18 months have saw little motivation to me. Some people compare his position to Mounts but he lacks stamina and doesn't have that authoritive persona about him that mount does.

If we are playing with a no.10 behind 2 no.9's then he's important this season until we can replace him. Then again he's still important because perez is the only offensive playmaker in the team (Tielemans all rounder).

I watched him from day one and still love the guy, he shows he cares about a lot of things in life, but I think he's got lazy with his football.

I'd like to see him told that if he wants a sale next year then show it, therefore increasing his sale value next year. He has 3 years left on his contract so It shouldn't be a problem. However all of this nonsense of £50-60mil is ludicrous. With a good season behind him we should be demanding £70-80mil minimum.

Barnes and Perez have both been off doing their own training and Ricky P & Wilf have both been showing off with their own PTs. Maddison gets a lot of shit for being flash, showing off his cars and ridiculous fashion sense but that's virtually every young footballer on Insta now.  I agree, since Xmas he's lost his way a bit, he started off talking a lot about making himself the talking point and making people see him as the centre of the team but it must've been pbvious to him by the turn of the year that he wasn't getting in the Euros side and he lost the focus. The question is - if he stays - will having a kid focus his mind again like it's done for Youri, Wilf and others or will he carry on drifting because Southgate won't want to break up his Euro squad in a rush to accomodate others.

• Like 1