Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

News Now 24 and the Mockery have come up with some super stuff this morning. He is going to double his salary and were the iconic (?) number 10 at Arsenal.

So as I see it, little old Leicester are selling Youri and Madders and gaining Bertrand and retaining Ghezzal. The future is bright.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Chilwell is just sh*t though. Found out by England and slowly being found out by Chelsea. He'll be at somewhere like Southampton in 3 years. 

Agreed. But his lack of commitment to us at the end of the 19/20 season still rankles with me. I can't bring myself to like him in any way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Chilwell is just sh*t though. Found out by England and slowly being found out by Chelsea. He'll be at somewhere like Southampton in 3 years. 

That’s just ridiculous, Chilwell can be excellent. The first half of his last season with us he was top notch, after that he was shit. He lacked consistency and that carried on to Chelsea.

• Like 1

Could see Maddison being another Jack Wiltshire. Match winner on his day, plagued by injuries and the odd off field issues.

Unfortunately, that could still apply if he stays with us.

Really hope he stays, has an injury free season and is making headlines for his outstanding contribution in getting Leicester a top 4 position and EL winners.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I can't see it, they've already spent £25m. I don't see them paying £55-60m for Maddison, anything less than that won't tempt us.

Chris Wheatley who is their Jordan Blackwell says they have the money if they sell two players.

The more I think about this, the more I think it's gonna happen.

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

He's such a difficult one to judge is Maddison. I could see him when completely injury free and in peak condition really pushing on and being a consistent top player in the league.

This hip is a bit of a worry though as it's not a part of the body you usually hear about being a common problem for players, which is worrying. 

I think If we sold him, which would mean he'd pass a medical, we'd end up regretting it somehow...

I think that's a good all-round summary of the situation, and the dilemma.  The injury issue concerns me equally, but didn't Drinkwater pass a medical at Chelsea even though there seemed to be some doubt about whether his injury problems were fully resolved?

Edited by deep blue

I like the lad I really do but if we're being perfectly honest he's got a fair few flaws in his game (that's why he's with us). I feel he lacks the aggression to properly impose himself on games. He's a 'moments' player for me which is nice to have but for the fees being reported ot could be money well spent elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Getting too close to the season starting for us to really sell an important player

True although we sold Maguire very late if I recall and he would've been seen as an important player at the time. Money talks 

• Like 1

Honestly if Madders goes to Arsenal my estimation of him as a person would plummet. If he wants to go to a club on the decline with no clear path or identity vs our club simply for a pay day and to live in London then he's a failed footballer in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly if Madders goes to Arsenal my estimation of him as a person would plummet. If he wants to go to a club on the decline with no clear path or identity vs our club simply for a pay day and to live in London then he's a failed footballer in my opinion. 

Be funny to see him get absolutely destroyed on AFTV if he goes though lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crisp packet said:

News Now 24 and the Mockery Are click bait :D:ph34r:.

Leicester have made 3 great signings . So 2/3 big players must be leaving...?

BR is building a squad you not going to sign 3 players and let 2or 3 go ,that doesn't make sense,we will be going fo CL next season ,so imo we need more depth to the squad ,

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Agreed. But his lack of commitment to us at the end of the 19/20 season still rankles with me. I can't bring myself to like him in any way.

The guy was smiling and laughing after getting knocked out the cup by Chelsea. Lucky for us Karma is a b**** lol

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

In terms of Arsenal not having any money.....remember they've just got rid of ozil. That's 18m a year they've saved.

Theyve got money to spend.