Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

If you asked the average football fan how long ago did Newcastle, Aston Villa, Charlton, Bolton, Fulham, Birmingham, Middlesborough, Southampton, & Portsmouth finish above Man City and Spurs in the league the majority would struggle for an answer, imagine most would think it was a very long time ago and would struggle to relate this to modern premier league football. Massive club and top team are very different this is from the final table the last time the Arse won the premier league 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yeh Red Temptation you may always be a bigger club, but we have more class in relation to how our owners treat our fans and also not furloughing staff!!  The Gooners need to get rid of Kroenke first before they can progress 😂👍

I hope kroenke stays if thats the case :ph34r:

I don't want him to go, and think he gets a bunch of crap over what's really nothing. But I have to admit, when we look at new signings and we put out what our starting 11 should be next season, he's rarely on the team sheet at the moment. If we got 75 million for him and invested it wisely, I would wish him well.

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Pay and exposure worldwide yes but hardly more scope to win Trophies at Arsenal over the next few years. As for Fans.....!

image.png.8a4bdfda14c69014ebdc7a16d4d494bd.png

Do they think the super league is going ahead, every premier league game gets exposure as does the FA cup final and European football as does the community shield, worldwide football fans will be well aware of Arsenal and some of their greats from former glory but pretty sure anyone who follows football will be well aware of Leicester City in the here and now we are heading up they are heading down they seem to have too many fans living in the past 

29 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Do they think the super league is going ahead, every premier league game gets exposure as does the FA cup final and European football as does the community shield, worldwide football fans will be well aware of Arsenal and some of their greats from former glory but pretty sure anyone who follows football will be well aware of Leicester City in the here and now we are heading up they are heading down they seem to have too many fans living in the past 

Listening to these Arsenal fans they seem to thinking raising players profile on social media etc is a big factor to some players. Not something i'd give a toss about personally!. I did respond to this guy on twitter saying if he want to win trophies now then why would he want to go to Arsenal bbut if he wanted re tweets on twitter then Arsenal would be the perfect club!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turlo said:

Pay and exposure worldwide yes but hardly more scope to win Trophies at Arsenal over the next few years. As for Fans.....!

On the topic of fans, is 60k day trippers and millions of Twitter losers really all that attractive to a player? They are hardly known for passionate support and have been consistently up with the worst away fans I’ve seen at the kp since coming back up, even clubs like Bournemouth who don’t bring the numbers have made more noise.

10 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I don't want him to go, and think he gets a bunch of crap over what's really nothing. But I have to admit, when we look at new signings and we put out what our starting 11 should be next season, he's rarely on the team sheet at the moment. If we got 75 million for him and invested it wisely, I would wish him well.

Bring your expectations back to reality or you’re going to be in for a massive disappointment if this happens.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turlo said:

Arsenal are so cute, still thinking they are something. What they are, is an abomination to football clinging onto posters of Henry and Overmars.

They’re a part time FA cup team now, the absolute state of them. 

Edited by Pliskin

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Madders goes we have Saka as part of the deal. Or no party I say. 

As Saka is a more established England international, Arsenal would probably want Maddison as part of the deal.

• Like 1

This thread is becoming weird …… 

it’s like us trying to buy a player and then asking for youri or wilf as part of the deal 

saka is arsenals best player - they aren’t buying someone and losing their best player as part of the deal !!

I assume the original post was made tongue in cheek but sadly irony seems to be difficult to absorb on here !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We'd have to kick in a fair amount of cash.

That guy is the future of Arsenal - it's just not happening full stop! He wouldn't want to leave and they wouldn't want to sell him. If the only way they could get Maddison was to sell Saka then they would walk away without hesitation. 

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

it’s like us trying to buy a player and then asking for youri or wilf as part of the deal 

saka is arsenals best player - they aren’t buying someone and losing their best player as part of the deal !!

I assume the original post was made tongue in cheek but sadly irony seems to be difficult to absorb on here !

It was most definitely tongue in cheek 😂

I was merely placing emphasis on the fact we’re at this moment a team more capable of competing than arsenal. So if they think they can waltz in and take one of our assets like we’re Coventry then let’s go and take one of theirs. Again, tongue in cheek. 

Edited by Pliskin

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it got weird on page 1 when a 60 year old bloke wanted to sell one of our most talented players because he wore an expensive see through backpack. 

• Like 1

Keen to kick off some real overthinking :) .......

Weird he hasn't been in the 'lads are back!' photos yet, given the club love posting photos of him at all times. 

lol