Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Keen to kick off some real overthinking :) .......

Weird he hasn't been in the 'lads are back!' photos yet, given the club love posting photos of him at all times. 

lol 

Just looked at some of the pics - the players do wear some ****ing awful gear don’t they?

2 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Just looked at some of the pics - the players do wear some ****ing awful gear don’t they?

lol i'd probably buy some crap if I had that money too, just because I can. 

One thing I always forget is that the majority of these lads are in their 20's.... we all made some shocking fashion decisions in our 20's lets be honest. 

If we get anywhere near 60m then we’ve got to accept it! He’s bang average and let’s be honest he gets injured a lot. We can replace him with so many players that are better.

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

If we sell madders and get any of these we will be laughing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sankey93 said:

If we get anywhere near 60m then we’ve got to accept it! He’s bang average and let’s be honest he gets injured a lot. We can replace him with so many players that are better.

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

won't be us whose laughing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

Lol you’re nuts my friend! 

5 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

I’m already laughing ʕ⁎̯͡⁎ʔ༄

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

Bang average with some of the best EPL goal contribution stats for a ACM in the past 3 years in the , only bettered by the likes of KDB & Fernandes

On 10/07/2021 at 18:40, Gerard said:

If we do sell Maddison for £60m then I believe one of two things:

1) Hip hip problem is a concern long term and is forecasted to stop him playing a lot of games over the coming years

2) We'll be playing a system that doesn't require a No10, maybe a 4-3-3

I don't think we would sell a 100% fit Maddison with three years left on his contract and playing a formation with a No10 for £60m. Maddison at his best is one of the best players in the PL.

I misread that as "hip hop" at first and thought you were suggesting his taste in music would adversely affect his playing career. lol

Still don't see a bit of posh cheering as a career-threatening problem, though........ Hip Hip Hooray for Madders!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Aouar

Sanches

Malinovskyi

Goncalves

Lingard 

Can you text me your dealers contact info ? You are getting way better stuff than I am. 

Maddison is a lot better than bang average & thinking Lingard is an upgrade on Madders is ludicrous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Can you text me your dealers contact info ? You are getting way better stuff than I am. 

Maddison is a lot better than bang average & thinking Lingard is an upgrade on Madders is ludicrous.

Maddison is bang average. He’s not a game changer. He’s weak and always injured! Let him go to London and enjoy the high life if that’s what he wants! 

13 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Maddison is bang average. He’s not a game changer. He’s weak and always injured! Let him go to London and enjoy the high life if that’s what he wants! 

Maybe find a sport to follow that you understand. Football is not for you !!

• Haha 2

You could probably make the case that he was ‘bang average’ for the last 5 or 6 games, where he was clearly carrying the injury he’d spent 6 weeks out with. But 11 goals and 6 assists in all competitions is fantastic and with a decent rest this summer, is something he will hopefully improve on next season. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

You could probably make the case that he was ‘bang average’ for the last 5 or 6 games, where he was clearly carrying the injury he’d spent 6 weeks out with. But 11 goals and 6 assists in all competitions is fantastic and with a decent rest this summer, is something he will hopefully improve on next season. 

I hope your right mate. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

absolute madness.

played less games than tielemans last season but still got more goals and assists.

would you cast Youri aside so flippantly? 

You can’t compare them 2 really.

youri dictates games and he’s a rolls Royce of a midfielder who plays in a different position. 

51 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

You can’t compare them 2 really.

youri dictates games and he’s a rolls Royce of a midfielder who plays in a different position. 

but you didn’t mention anything about Maddison’s position, you only commented that he wasn’t a game changer and I will contest that someone who scores goals and gets assists IS a game changer.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

but you didn’t mention anything about Maddison’s position, you only commented that he wasn’t a game changer and I will contest that someone who scores goals and gets assists IS a game changer.

8 goals and 5 assists in the league last season. Needs to be hitting double figures imo. How many times last season when we was behind did you think ahh we will be fine we’ve got Maddison ? He’s bang average and I won’t have anyone else tell me different. I’d love it if he could go to the next level but I can’t see, cash in while we can at a high price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

And with clearly a real fight on his hands if he wants to get in the England squad, if he really knuckles down he could end up having an incredible 21/22 season.

18 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I had long died black and red hair with a tail that I tied into a bow, wore my sister's jeans and didnt study for my A levels because my band was going to make it.

Another Red Devil that only started here in 😁2016! 

An Arsenal supporting mate is convinced he’ll sign from ‘the crisp munchers’ (bit outdated…) because they’ll throw a large chunk of the Ozil wage money at him. Arsenal may be badly run over the last 10 years but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t double his wages and they’d see themselves as having more leverage than that. 

What is Maddison on here? £100k a week? You’re telling me Arsenal will go to £200k a week? Crazy.

52 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

An Arsenal supporting mate is convinced he’ll sign from ‘the crisp munchers’ (bit outdated…) because they’ll throw a large chunk of the Ozil wage money at him. Arsenal may be badly run over the last 10 years but I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t double his wages and they’d see themselves as having more leverage than that. 

What is Maddison on here? £100k a week? You’re telling me Arsenal will go to £200k a week? Crazy.

I am very unknowledgeable about the financial ins & outs of transfer negotiations and players salary.  It seems to me that if Arsenal were to use the Ozil wage recoupance then they could well afford to double Maddison's salary. But are they really earning enough from outgoings to afford the transfer fee for Maddison?

Given that, in the background, I believe that they are still in huge debt (and this has to be sustained somehow) from their ground etc - it seems to me a huge risk to splash so much on getting Maddison.  The fee plus his wage on a long contract for a player around which there are some doubts as to his long term injury susceptibility, his form (can he recapture it?), his attitude, his slow playing style.  It's hardly guaranteed that he is going to be a success.

After the debacle with Ozil over the last 2 years, if Maddison also proved to be of fleeting impact then it would be hugely embarrassing to Arsenal who would  incur yet more vitriol from their fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gem from 'News Now 24/7'.......:shutup:

The midfielder’s current club have been better in recent years, but obtaining the services of the Englishman would indicate that the north Londoners could be beginning a resurgence to get back among Premier League’s elite clubs. It would also weaken Leicester, a club that the Gunners need to catch as they would be acquiring one of their best players.

• Haha 1