Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why sign Maddison when you have Emile Smith-Rowe who they should be doing everything they can to sign a new contract. They need to build a side around him, Saka and Tierney. 

Well Arsenal fans think the two (ESR and Maddison) are complimentary, rather than like-for-like. 

5 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

8 goals and 5 assists in the league last season. Needs to be hitting double figures imo. How many times last season when we was behind did you think ahh we will be fine we’ve got Maddison ? He’s bang average and I won’t have anyone else tell me different. I’d love it if he could go to the next level but I can’t see, cash in while we can at a high price.

he’s not bang average.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'd accept anything north of £40 million for Maddison, one of the more replaceable players we have.

If he could stay fit and perform consistently at his highest level for long periods of time then he'd easily be worth double that. His inconsistency and injuries will be an issue until he proves otherwise. It makes sense that only Arsenal are interested, I'm fairly sure their scouting amounts to youtube searches these days.

If they need a replacement, I'm sure @Ric Flair has a list the length of his arm of young talent that we can sign.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly, I'd accept anything north of £40 million for Maddison, one of the more replaceable players we have.

If he could stay fit and perform consistently at his highest level for long periods of time then he'd easily be worth double that. His inconsistency and injuries will be an issue until he proves otherwise. It makes sense that only Arsenal are interested, I'm fairly sure their scouting amounts to youtube searches these days.

If they need a replacement, I'm sure @Ric Flair has a list the length of his arm of young talent that we can sign locked in his basement

:fishing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If they need a replacement, I'm sure @Ric Flair has a list the length of his arm of young talent that we can sign.

Even if he's only fit for half the season, he's worth more than 40m IMO. 60m + and I'd start debating it. Hopefully the break and a decent pre-season will have him back to the required fitness levels anyway.

Lets see how good he is with a injury free pre season I would be against selling him when he clearly has a lot of talent hopefully the arrival of his baby will change him into a new person (wishful thinking lol) but you never no.

The worst thing we could do now is to sell him to a rival team when he has yet to reach his potential.

5 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

8 goals and 5 assists in the league last season. Needs to be hitting double figures imo. How many times last season when we was behind did you think ahh we will be fine we’ve got Maddison ? He’s bang average and I won’t have anyone else tell me different. I’d love it if he could go to the next level but I can’t see, cash in while we can at a high price.

Perfect wuming 😂😂 so his low stats have nothing to do with him being injured and not properly fit for half the season plus.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

:fishing:

Nah no fishing here mate. 14, 9 and 15 league goal contibutions for a number 10 in the past 3 seasons of a team that's been in and around the top 4-6.

As I say, on his day he's penemonal. He lacks consistency and sometimes it's like playing with 10 men when he's not on it. If he proves consistancy he becomes a 70/80 million pound player for me. He's a long way to go to get there though.

I'd back the club to sign someone for less than we sold him for who could put up similar if not better numbers over time. 

As many people have said though, it doesn't make sense for them to sign him, I don't think he significantly improves their squad and would cost a lot in both transfer fee and wages. 

£50 million to me would seem like a massive amount, although when you see Buendia going to Villa for a potential £38 million then I can see why me saying "anything north of £40 million" seems like I'm having a laugh.  So i'll revise it to £50 million plus :D

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Nah no fishing here mate. 14, 9 and 15 league goal contibutions for a number 10 in the past 3 seasons of a team that's been in and around the top 4-6.

As I say, on his day he's penemonal. He lacks consistency and sometimes it's like playing with 10 men when he's not on it. If he proves consistancy he becomes a 70/80 million pound player for me. He's a long way to go to get there though.

I'd back the club to sign someone for less than we sold him for who could put up similar if not better numbers over time. 

As many people have said though, it doesn't make sense for them to sign him, I don't think he significantly improves their squad and would cost a lot in both transfer fee and wages. 

£50 million to me would seem like a massive amount, although when you see Buendia going to Villa for a potential £38 million then I can see why me saying "anything north of £40 million" seems like I'm having a laugh.  So i'll revise it to £50 million plus :D

Personally I like James, when he is on it, he is phenomenal, but….

I am just not sure his best position is a position we need moving forward, so guessing we agree!

Also my fishing referred to my edit of your post not an accusation regarding your content  :D

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Personally I like James, when he is on it, he is phenomenal, but….

I am just not sure his best position is a position we need moving forward, so guessing we agree!

Also my fishing referred to my edit of your post not an accusation regarding your content  :D

I didn't even notice that hahaha

Apologies, that must have been a confusing response lol

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Even if he's only fit for half the season, he's worth more than 40m IMO. 60m + and I'd start debating it. Hopefully the break and a decent pre-season will have him back to the required fitness levels anyway.

If he needs a PT then it looks like Kiernan is the man to go to. He's come back looking like a young Ronaldo! haha

• Like 1

lol are we talking about Perez right? Maddison contributes nearly the majority of the time he plays when fully fit

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol are we talking about Perez right? Maddison contributes nearly the majority of the time he plays when fully fit

It's the whole package though, the reason Arsenal would be willing to pay £60 million is because they think the way you are. The highlights package makes him look like a £60 million player. Every person who's seen him here for 3 years no that that players pops his head up for maybe 2 months out of the 9 during a season.

Just now, filbertway said:

It's the whole package though, the reason Arsenal would be willing to pay £60 million is because they think the way you are. The highlights package makes him look like a £60 million player. Every person who's seen him here for 3 years no that that players pops his head up for maybe 2 months out of the 9 during a season.

Well every time I watch him play he usually creates something so we must be watching a different game, let's also take into account his injuries and fitness and I would say selling him to Arsenal (a rival) would be a terrible bit of business for the 40m you was suggesting, the talent is clearly there and we don't have many players like him imo.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well every time I watch him play he usually creates something so we must be watching a different game, let's also take into account his injuries and fitness and I would say selling him to Arsenal (a rival) would be a terrible bit of business for the 40m you was suggesting, the talent is clearly there and we don't have many players like him imo.

This is key. If there are doubts on his fitness, he should go whilst his stock remains high, and seek to bring player(s) in with the funds.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You'd hope he creates something in a match considering he's playing in a creative position for a team at the top end of the table :D

As I say, currently based on what I've seen him produce for us over 3 seasons, 40-50 million seems about right. £60 million would be unbelievable for us as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is key. If there are doubts on his fitness, he should go whilst his stock remains high, and seek to bring player(s) in with the funds.

we don't know that though and that would be a gamble when we have a player who can score/assist 36 G/A isn't that bad at all considering he is still learning