Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You'd hope he creates something in a match considering he's playing in a creative position for a team at the top end of the table :D

As I say, currently based on what I've seen him produce for us over 3 seasons, 40-50 million seems about right. £60 million would be unbelievable for us as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with your figures 40m is probably about right but we would be mad to sell him to a rival when he still hasn't reached his potential with a G/A of 36 hes not no Demeri Gray

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

we don't know that though and that would be a gamble when we have a player who can score/assist 36 G/A isn't that bad at all considering he is still learning

No we don`t know, either way, Just pointing out its a gamble to keep a broken asset that will just decline in value, just as its a gamble to keep a sell a player than provides required creativity.

Don`t see a reason to sell him other than a) injury b) positionally not required, to be honest

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No we don`t know, either way, Just pointing out its a gamble to keep a broken asset that will just decline in value, just as its a gamble to keep a sell a player than provides required creativity.

Don`t see a reason to sell him other than a) injury b) positionally not required, to be honest

he's not really declining in value if anything his value is only going to go up if he has a good season if he don't he will be worth about the same

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Anyone think its really odd he wasn't training yesterday or featured in any photos? Same goes for perez, albrighton and Evans too.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he's not really declining in value if anything his value is only going to go up if he has a good season if he don't he will be worth about the same

I meant he would decline in value should he were found to have a recurring longer term injury, but its all supposition

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Anyone think its really odd he wasn't training yesterday or featured in any photos? Same goes for perez, albrighton and Evans too.

I’m not that concerned. it’ll be a mixture, of quarantine, personal fitness programmes, injuries etc. 

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Paranoia isnt healthy chief. Dont worry, no one is leaving . just deadwood

Edited by Simoken

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m not that concerned. it’ll be a mixture, of quarantine, personal fitness programmes, injuries etc. 

Quarantine would be very odd.....and dumb on behalf of maddison. We've had players return from Nigeria not quarantined.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Quarantine would be very odd.....and dumb on behalf of maddison. We've had players return from Nigeria not quarantined.

With his girlfriend being pregnant it could be that he is having to take extra precautions and adhering to the full quarantine period etc. after coming back?

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

i'm sure he got advice from the club. He was at a training camp in marbella so doubt he has done anything wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes. They would be well aware that they were due back for pre-season yesterday. If the reason is isolating due to returning from abroad then it's very poor planning unless they had permission form the club.

Evans may be a different case if still injured.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i'm sure he got advice from the club. He was at a training camp in marbella so doubt he has done anything wrong. 

I can't quite see the logic in the club letting him train with his mates in marbella over his team mates in Seagrave.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, goose2010 said:

it was during his time off. 

The suggestion was that the club would have signed him off to go abroad so he could miss pre season. Mental.

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Do people genuinely think Brendan would be fine with Maddison missing training because he hasn’t factored in the quarantine period after being abroad? lol

It's mental isn't it.

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Do people genuinely think Brendan would be fine with Maddison missing training because he hasn’t factored in the quarantine period after being abroad? lol

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The suggestion was that the club would have signed him off to go abroad so he could miss pre season. Mental.

It's mental isn't it.

Its mental to think that the club didnt agree with it before hand absolutely no chance that he just went without permission to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's mental isn't it.

With his injury history he would be one of the players that would really benefit from a good full pre season too! 

Hopefully Marbella was a planned training camp with the club or there is another logical explanation. 

Edited by Hales

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With his girlfriend being pregnant it could be that he is having to take extra precautions and adhering to the full quarantine period etc. after coming back?

He should have taken extra precautions before she got pregnant !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In brendans bad books all ready so decides to travel abroad, grope women while his gf is pregnant and can’t report back to training on time. Sell, sell,sell! Im starting to think ravel Morrison is his idol due to the amount of stupid selfish things he does 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Haha 1

Guest Bert Fill
43 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think the fact that there are several players who didn’t appear to be there suggests there’s nothing odd about it at all.

Quite apart from the fact that they simply might not all be coming in for pre-season tests and stuff on the same day, there will probably be a mixture of different international commitments over the summer, injury situations and probably covid circumstances too.