Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

21/22 Matches Moved for TV

Leicester City’s first away game of the 2021/22 Premier League campaign against West Ham United has moved, following the latest round of TV selections.

- Leicester City to play West Ham United on a Monday night
- The encounter at London Stadium will be live on TV
- City travel to the capital on Monday 23 August

39 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Does that mean wolves is definitely stying on the Saturday and I've.got to miss it for ****ing paw patrol live?

I was told 21st June. Is their still hope?

Or have I now got man city at Wembley and man city at home as the closest matches I can go to?

Yeah I think this is it for you sadly.

• Haha 2

Considering we're in Europe on Thursdays, and we'll have Sunday games following them (which won't necessarily be televised ones), how many Saturday 3:00 home games  do you you think there will be? 5-7  maybe? Can't really use last season as a model and with Christmas games, midweek games, season ending on a Sunday and TV selections, that's a lot of weeks ruled out.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Guessing they're going back to the "defrauding their customers by not making all games available to watch" system?

Or, you could defraud the TV companies by looking in the right places and watching a stream in glorious HD, without paying a subscription?

I know what I'll be doing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Considering we're in Europe on Thursdays, and we'll have Sunday games following them (which won't necessarily be televised ones), how many Saturday 3:00 home games  do you you think there will be? 5-7  maybe? Can't really use last season as a model and with Christmas games, midweek games, season ending on a Sunday and TV selections, that's a lot of weeks ruled out.

Think I'm right in saying 4 clubs didn't have a single Saturday 3 pm KO last season.

Think we'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 traditional kick offs. The only way to avoid it is to be Crystal Palace.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, iancognito said:

Think I'm right in saying 4 clubs didn't have a single Saturday 3 pm KO last season.

Think we'll be lucky to get 3 or 4 traditional kick offs. The only way to avoid it is to be Crystal Palace.

Well we have 2 in August already. If we have an average season then we will have more Saturday 15:00 KO's. So hopefully loads of our games get moved for TV as it will mean we are doing well.

Assuming all my holidays go ahead, I am already missing 5 home games! Fixtures have fallen quite badly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

Surely a lot of that was down to them all be televised?

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Surely a lot of that was down to them all be televised?

No doubt but even with that to go an entire season without having a single kick off in the traditional kick off slot is a bit worrying for the purists.Pretty sure it's not beyond the wit of the TV execs to mix things up a bit a leave one or two games per club in that slot (even though it wasn't something that affected the match-going, "legacy" fans)? Setting precendents and all that.

38 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No doubt but even with that to go an entire season without having a single kick off in the traditional kick off slot is a bit worrying for the purists.Pretty sure it's not beyond the wit of the TV execs to mix things up a bit a leave one or two games per club in that slot (even though it wasn't something that affected the match-going, "legacy" fans)? Setting precendents and all that.

Sadly their priority is to give the best slots tv audience wise to the SL6. Everyone else comes 2nd.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We are due an announcement on October fixtures from the PL today.

Palace away (2nd Oct) by default gets moved to Sunday (or Monday) as we'll be playing in Europa League on 30th Sept. Probably will be the Sunday (3rd Oct) as its internationals the following week. 

Brentford away (23rd) same as we play on 21st Oct. Most likely Sunday 24th Oct as League Cup (if both still involved) will be in the midweek w/C 25th Oct. 

Man Utd and Arsenal bound to be moved for TV too. 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Palace away (2nd Oct) by default gets moved to Sunday (or Monday) as we'll be playing in Europa League on 30th Sept. Probably will be the Sunday (3rd Oct) as its internationals the following week. 

Brentford away (23rd) same as we play on 21st Oct. Most likely Sunday 24th Oct as League Cup (if both still involved) will be in the midweek w/C 25th Oct. 

Man Utd and Arsenal bound to be moved for TV too. 

Yes, at least this year the PL had confirmed this in advance even though it was fairly obvious. They listed all the fixtures impacted by EL saying they will be moved.

Probably right that both will be Sunday rather than Monday. I think we will have two games on TV. Man U and then one of Palace/Brentford.

Can't believe the Man Utd game hasn't been moved.

That weekend Watford v Liverpool early Saturday and then Everton v West Ham/Newcastle v Spurs on the Sunday.

Edit

Missed Brentford v Chelsea late Saturday and Arsenal v Palace on the Monday!

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Can't believe the Man Utd game hasn't been moved.

That weekend Watford v Liverpool early Saturday and then Everton v West Ham/Newcastle v Spurs on the Sunday.

Edit

Missed Brentford v Chelsea late Saturday and Arsenal v Palace on the Monday!

Think the TV companies are being careful not to upset the clubs in Europe by keeping them on Saturdays 

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Fair

I'm just being selfish anyway because I'm away for it and felt sure it would be on.

You’ll most certainly be able to find a stream of it. 

• Like 1