Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

21/22 Matches Moved for TV

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yeah it was, I think we also played them at home on a Saturday at 3pm in the 16/17 season a 0-0 draw.

The one that still annoys me is the away game in the title winning season. There was around 20 of us going, trains booked for an all day session in London. Then 3 weeks before they move it to a midday Sunday.

That 0-0 was a saturday 5.30, first home game after winning the title. I remember as there was a great display on the kop. The title winning away game worked perfectly for me, had a spa thing booked (which i booked!!) for the Saturday for valentines without realising, game got moved to sunday midday and was able to drink the day away before, during and after the game before flying to Washington for work absolutely wrecked!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yeah it was, I think we also played them at home on a Saturday at 3pm in the 16/17 season a 0-0 draw.

The one that still annoys me is the away game in the title winning season. There was around 20 of us going, trains booked for an all day session in London. Then 3 weeks before they move it to a midday Sunday.

Think that was a 5.30, although my memory may fail me.

That 15/16 one was a joke, meant I couldn't go as well. Classic example of Sky routinely ****ing over match going supporters. Gave something like 18 days notice I think.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Osavo said:

That 15/16 one was a joke, meant I couldn't go as well. Classic example of Sky routinely ****ing over match going supporters. Gave something like 18 days notice I think.

Yeah that was the one where there was protest on the short notice. Not huge numbers took part.

3 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Yeah that was a joke. I went still but if I recall correctly East Midlands Railway allowed the tickets to be used on the Sunday.

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

We never get a decent kick off time at Arsenal. It's an away day I actually want to do but always the most inconvenient 

Likewise…. Have either been on holiday or just a time that trains don’t suit..

trains in a Sunday for this look hard work already. 

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Obviously we couldn't possibly have a 3pm Saturday game even though it's a total nothing fixture.

Though it would be Monday so glad it's not that, early kick-off isn't great though.

I want to be in Europe but if it reduces Sunday games next season I'm up for not being in it.

36 minutes ago, Corky said:

Though it would be Monday so glad it's not that, early kick-off isn't great though.

I want to be in Europe but if it reduces Sunday games next season I'm up for not being in it.

Thing is I think we've had it far worse than we've bargained for. I accept games will be moved but it's the number of unnecessary ones on top of that that's annoyed me. I'm convinced this season has been unbeatably bad for kick off times.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At least it's still a Saturday.

Love the trip to Old Trafford.

I take it Newcastle away is still 3pm or is that one dependent on FA Cup draw also?

It says 3 remaining rounds so presumably Palace at 3pm on 9th stays. 

Although I don't get why Newcastle is dependent on FA Cup draw because neither of us are left in the competition... 

Guessing Villa gets moved anyway. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Newcastle away is the weekend after EC last 8 tie second leg. 

Extremely likely to not be the Saturday as we should get to the quarters surely... 

17th March is the second leg of last 16, so basically we won't find out until after that. Leaves no times to organise much at all travel wise etc