Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

21/22 Matches Moved for TV

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Every year they have the same debate on the December schedule. Too many games in too short of a time. You can be assured the managers will have another blast at it.  I’ve said before that set of games between Christmas and New Year is a waste of time and purposely skews the division - every team plays second strings.

Should be having a midweek game in August when the weather is good, players are fresher and the kids are off. 

Agreed or scrap one of the international breaks and play it then, 2 international breaks in the first 7 games is not needed 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

I agree but the tradition argument is thrown in. 8pm on a Tuesday when people are off is crap for anyone travelling beyond the county really, especially on public transport.

Exactly. Everyone I speak to has no time for that set of fixtures. Not quite the same but I know football league and non league clubs say they lose money on them. 

The amount of midweek games in December is daft; people go out of habit but having a midweek game nine days before Christmas is mad. (I know that’s always been scheduled before these fixtures but the moving of dates just further emphases how mad it all is). 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Agreed or scrap one of the international breaks and play it then, 2 international breaks in the first 7 games is not needed 

We’ve got an international break in late January this year because some regions need to catch up on World Cup qualifiers. It’s the same spot that silly winter break had. A winter break that made fixture congestion worse not better 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Let’s hope we get to the 5th round of the cup so it’s Sunday rather than Monday for Everton. 

And then we’ll have a ridiculously short turnaround time.

Can’t help but feel we’ve been absolutely shafted here. No need to move Villa to a Sunday, we have enough Sunday games as it is.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

And then we’ll have a ridiculously short turnaround time.

Can’t help but feel we’ve been absolutely shafted here. No need to move Villa to a Sunday, we have enough Sunday games as it is.

It's the Spurs one that annoys me and confuses me. No need for that to be on a Thursday. 

Now it gives us a short turn-around if we do get through to the 5th round. Why couldn't the Spurs game be on the Wednesday? Then at least if we do get through to the 5th round, it can move to Sunday, and then the Weds-Sunday is still a reasonable turnaround. 

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

What have we got to do to avoid playing 2 games in 3 days? I was sure with it being Liverpool on 28th it would be put back to 29th or 30th.

It’s ridiculous, 51 hours between Man City game ending and the Liverpool game starting 

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

What have we got to do to avoid playing 2 games in 3 days? I was sure with it being Liverpool on 28th it would be put back to 29th or 30th.

Every Christmas we get a short turnaround in matches. Played twice in 45 hours two years ago, twice in 49 last season.

We don't tend to make a fuss like others, though.

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Spurs on the Thursday wtf!! Booked the Wednesday off work knowing it would move from the Tuesday! 

Booked a night out and a hotel in London for that night, there’s no way we’re going to play on a Thurs…… Oh FFS!! :mad:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's the Spurs one that annoys me and confuses me. No need for that to be on a Thursday. 

Now it gives us a short turn-around if we do get through to the 5th round. Why couldn't the Spurs game be on the Wednesday? Then at least if we do get through to the 5th round, it can move to Sunday, and then the Weds-Sunday is still a reasonable turnaround. 

I think the club ticket resale platform could be busy for this one. Unlikely I'll be able to make this one. 

:nigel:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When does the rest of January get annouced? They've only gone up to 3rd January so far, I thought they were going to do the whole of January. Next announcement is in December but it says that's for February. It's only really Burnley away but be nice to know if I can do it or not so I can sort my annual leave out at work.

Yeah, they are significantly late again. The FSA have had a right moan about it