Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

21/22 Matches Moved for TV

21 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Newcastle away is the weekend after EC last 8 tie second leg. 

Extremely likely to not be the Saturday as we should get to the quarters surely... 

17th March is the second leg of last 16, so basically we won't find out until after that. Leaves no times to organise much at all travel wise etc

Wow you’re confident. I think we go out next round. Although I have got a hotel in Tirana booked just in case 

37 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

why was the Chelsea game postponed?

They're in the cup final today.

Shame there's no repeat of the last time we were meant to play them away in the league on cup final day eh! It was weirdly close to happening as well.

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2022 at 15:36, Leicester_Loyal said:

Still no sign, for games that are literally in 6 weeks time ffs. 

Obviously don't care about the fans but you'd think it's in the interests of their own organisation to get things planned early. From a logistical point.

2 hours ago, David Lowe said:

Could there be logistical issues in terms of rearranged matches still needing to be slotted into midweek ?

It’s probably this. 3 broadcasters having it out over scheduling as well as uefa weighing in to avoid clashes with the previous champions league will never be smooth. The league massively cocked up by allowing every team and its mother to call games off because they couldn’t be arsed over dec/jan

Just now, FoyleFox said:

Any news for the next games moving for TV? A couple I'd like to get tickets for but can only do the Saturday - Villa mainly. 

These TV companies don't give a toss. They'll probably announce them when they're meant to announce the May fixtures :rolleyes:

Looks to me like they want to push the t out until the European cup draws. We’ve had to gamble on a weekend stay during Easter weekend and hope it’s not a Monday night. 

Villa at home is also dictating a decision as well

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Looks to me like they want to push the t out until the European cup draws. We’ve had to gamble on a weekend stay during Easter weekend and hope it’s not a Monday night. 

Villa at home is also dictating a decision as well

I think you're correct with this. I expect the next PL announcements for TV games to be after the round of European matches this week.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I would say no chance Villa stays the Saturday 3pm. That game always seems to be moved.

It's a nothing game though, TV companies are not going to be interested. Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Watford, Arsenal vs Man U and Chelsea vs West Ham all nailed on to be on TV. Not sure they have more than 4 slots. If they do, probably a better game to show than ours (e.g. Norwich vs Newcastle or Brentford vs Spurs).

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I would say no chance Villa stays the Saturday 3pm. That game always seems to be moved.

Defo saturday 3pm. At that stage of the season man city and liverpool are on every week, obviously newcastle, plus there could be a hot relegation and top 4 battle to focus on.

35 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a nothing game though, TV companies are not going to be interested. Liverpool vs Everton, Man City vs Watford, Arsenal vs Man U and Chelsea vs West Ham all nailed on to be on TV. Not sure they have more than 4 slots. If they do, probably a better game to show than ours (e.g. Norwich vs Newcastle or Brentford vs Spurs).

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Defo saturday 3pm. At that stage of the season man city and liverpool are on every week, obviously newcastle, plus there could be a hot relegation and top 4 battle to focus on.

You both probably right actually. I've just checked the fixtures and the same weekend is the Merseyside derby, Arsenal v Man Utd, Chelsea v West Ham.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You both probably right actually. I've just checked the fixtures and the same weekend is the Merseyside derby, Arsenal v Man Utd, Chelsea v West Ham.

We might get away that given the other games that weekend.

I hope so, should leave our non European weekends alone.