Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

8 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

united just signed Sancho

And just played 6 minutes before signing for United maybe because he wasn't focusing on the game and only on the negotiations

3 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Didn't Romano himself say on his podcast there was nothing in this? Yet here we are posting tweets from a bloke who's got about 5 followers.

He said we were after a right midfielder 

What is all this about left footed right wingers anyway, George Best was right footed and pretty decent you know . What we want is a right footed winger who can use his left foot . JJ is very good with his left foot surely there must be others. Its the Mahrez fixation , we have to get over it 

• Like 2

Can’t see anything in this. Would love him here but nothing reliable so far. This person has probably seen complete meltdown off the back of Trincao transfer and thought it’s a good time to get some clicks! I think the team are on it but it could well be some way down the list of targets after transfers not working out for one reason or another. I hope they know who they want and he is first choice but I can’t imagine Dan James or pereira being number one target.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

What is all this about left footed right wingers anyway, George Best was right footed and pretty decent you know . What we want is a right footed winger who can use his left foot . JJ is very good with his left foot surely there must be others. Its the Mahrez fixation , we have to get over it 

....whether it is a Right footed Winger or a Left footed Winger, we still struggle to bring someone in!!!

Rodgers seems to like the option of inverted wingers and a Right footed Winger allows us to utilise the channels and make the pitch bigger. Defenders would be looking to show you down the line and limit your effectiveness. With the ability to come in on your left on the Right side of the pitch, the defender has more questions to answer, a gamble to try to show you down the line as you can "chop" and come back inside and he would have sold himself, or the defender could opt to show him inside into traffic but the Winger would now have opened up his body to shoot across the keeper or near post.

Players who can wrap their foot around the ball and are inverted Wingers are much more effective. Pereira can do it as well as McNeil, Burnley has effectively priced McNeil out of the competition so Matheus Pereira would be the better call.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....whether it is a Right footed Winger or a Left footed Winger, we still struggle to bring someone in!!!

Rodgers seems to like the option of inverted wingers and a Right footed Winger allows us to utilise the channels and make the pitch bigger. Defenders would be looking to show you down the line and limit your effectiveness. With the ability to come in on your left on the Right side of the pitch, the defender has more questions to answer, a gamble to try to show you down the line as you can "chop" and come back inside and he would have sold himself, or the defender could opt to show him inside into traffic but the Winger would now have opened up his body to shoot across the keeper or near post.

Players who can wrap their foot around the ball and are inverted Wingers are much more effective. Pereira can do it as well as McNeil, Burnley has effectively priced McNeil out of the competition so Matheus Pereira would be the better call.

That's why I like Barnes , he has a more that capable left foot so he can go outside to the by line and bang it across . The defender is never sure which direction  he is going to take. Too many left footed players are one foot dominant and defenders use that against them. It's been Albrighton's biggest weakness on the left , he always stops and uses his right foot. I can never understand why top class wingers don't work extra hard on their weaker foot , it makes them far more dangerous.I haven't checked closely but I would hope that Pereira has a strong right foot.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It can work but it all looks very rigid sometimes - the very opposite of total football. Thus, we have had Vardy (right-footed) on the left and Iheanacho (a left footer) on the right. It's worked for Kelechi but not for Vardy. Can't Brendan mix it up a bit and allow them to switch during games? The whole approach I think is for the winger/striker to cut inside, leaving space for an overlapping full-back like Castaigne to run into, and cross (rather like Albrighton overlapping Mahrez and crossing for Ulloa against Norwich in '15/16). As l said it works sometimes but at other times it all looks predictable. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Didn't Romano himself say on his podcast there was nothing in this? Yet here we are posting tweets from a bloke who's got about 5 followers.

Correct, Fabrizio Romano said yesterday on Twitch that he doubts Berardi leaving Sassuolo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Waiting on gosens or tarkowski when neither are similar position, I know he means financially but still doesn’t make sense if we don’t strengthen all areas we want/need too.

I would say that if Gosens or Tarkowski were going ahead, we couldn't afford this guy... maybe with those 2 unavailable/unproceedable we've opted to blast the cash on this guy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

It can work but it all looks very rigid sometimes - the very opposite of total football. Thus, we have had Vardy (right-footed) on the left and Iheanacho (a left footer) on the right. It's worked for Kelechi but not for Vardy. Can't Brendan mix it up a bit and allow them to switch during games? The whole approach I think is for the winger/striker to cut inside, leaving space for an overlapping full-back like Castaigne to run into, and cross (rather like Albrighton overlapping Mahrez and crossing for Ulloa against Norwich in '15/16). As l said it works sometimes but at other times it all looks predictable. 

.....it has also worked for Vardy....it is the side he has always favoured!!!

The only problem that Vardy had was an inexplicable inability to score when played in, even not at full fitness his ability to find the net was a big surprise.

2 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

united just signed Sancho

With respect, I'm not entirely sure its the same. 

I think we can all be pretty sure Sancho committed to that move over a year ago, more than likely his agent loosely agreed terms with United months ago. 

BVB and Man Utd might have been hammering out the specifics over the last month or so but let's be honest the rest was a done deal for a while. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

As I've noted many times, yes.  Rodgers' system is the opposite of total football - he wants predictable players who play very specific roles and don't deviate from them, and stay in their square on the grid.  That's why he dislikes Praet.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
28 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

As I've noted many times, yes.  Rodgers' system is the opposite of total football - he wants predictable players who play very specific roles and don't deviate from them, and stay in their square on the grid.  That's why he dislikes Praet.

Terrible isn't it. Only finished 5th twice.

38 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Can you elaborate on this please? If there's one player in our squad that I wouldn't class as dynamic it would be Dennis Praet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you elaborate on this please? If there's one player in our squad that I wouldn't class as dynamic it would be Dennis Praet.

He moves around the pitch a lot if you really watch him play, especially when he was in that inverted winger role early in the season.  He made a lot of runs behind the defenders and drifted from the right touch line to the left touch line.  He’s a mezzala basically, which is a role Rodgers has never featured in his system.  He’s never really utilized box to box mids much generally..

Edited by Deeg67

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

That's a whole new level of guff. Even for Foxestalk!

• Sad 1