Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

42 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Don't remember Perez ever being selected for the full Spanish national team so it's hard to compare on international performances 

I don’t think Perez would get selected for the Ibiza national team tbh.

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Exactly. Nearly scored, separately had a goal disallowed and was their most dangerous player in extra time.

Although I am not a great fan I think Dan James could provide more of a threat, and probably much cheaper

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

* ”Berardi is not the right winger we’re looking for”.

* Said in a Alec Guinness/Jedi voice. 

If we’re going to spend £40m to solve our RW problem I want to feel excited when he gets the ball. I didn’t feel any of that last night. He seems more of a 10 who can play on the wing. We already know what that feels like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Hahaha I didn’t watch the game but just assumed after all these comments he must have had a bad one. 

As soon as the Morata goal well in they turned into a load of cheating bastards.

29 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

If we’re going to spend £40m to solve our RW problem I want to feel excited when he gets the ball. I didn’t feel any of that last night. He seems more of a 10 who can play on the wing. We already know what that feels like. 

Sometimes you have to consider the level of the game. 

when top teams play, only the very top talent often stand out.  Just think when Liverpool play Man City or great el Classico’s over the years... they have top talent but it’s much harder to stand out. 

My point being is that most weeks he’d be up against Matt Lowton, Matt target  or PVA not world class defenders. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I thought Berardi was pretty decent  last night, I’ve no idea why people are digging at him.

He closed the lines well with really good defensive discipline. He was good on the ball and his off the ball movement caused all sorts off problems.

All true but if we’re buying him as a wide player, did he actually beat a man ????

infact, I haven’t seen all Italy’s games but has he dribbled past anyone with anything other than pace ??

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

All true but if we’re buying him as a wide player, did he actually beat a man ????

infact, I haven’t seen all Italy’s games but has he dribbled past anyone with anything other than pace ??

I don’t think he needs too if he can provide goals and assist does he? Jeff Schlupp could beat a man…..

I was surprised how slow the Italian front line was. Several times they got behind the Spanish defence,  but the Spanish CBs just ran back and caught the Italians. Berardi looks pretty physical, but his pace could be a problem in the PL. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nothing wrong with that

7ac01231db457741f26d7d894c51c79f.jpg

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you never saw Lenny beat a man with his skill rather than pace you didn’t watch him ?  

Lenny was one of my all time favourites and didn't mean he lacked skill but when he burned down that wing leaving defenders behind I loved it.

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

Lenny was one of my all time favourites and didn't mean he lacked skill but when he burned down that wing leaving defenders behind I loved it.

I always used to remember the roar of expectation every time Lenny got the ball. Truly great player

• Like 1