Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If could be nobody.  That’s already been our approach to the black hole at RW more than once.

Not true. 

Riyad mahrez has only been at man City for 3 seasons. 

In that time we've signed ghezzal and Under who haven't worked and tried to use Gray who didn't work. 

We haven't been successful in finding a RW but we have tried. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not true. 

Riyad mahrez has only been at man City for 3 seasons. 

In that time we've signed ghezzal and Under who haven't worked and tried to use Gray who didn't work

We haven't been successful in finding a RW but we have tried. 

Gray never worked.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it's the only concern I have with him. Italian players have a reputation for not doing well in the PL, which is true but the established ones actually tend to do well. I'd be surprised if we properly go for him, Madueke at £20m just seems so appealing and it's always a bonus to pick up young English talented players given the demand for them if they perform in the Prem.

Personally I think it'll be Dan James.

Didn't we try to get Madueke and get told he isn't moving this year.

57 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He’ll get homesick after a month then.

A 26 soon to be 27 year old from Serie A for 30-40 million, isn’t the kind of profile we usually go after.

It is if you are in a win now mode which this club is. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

If could be nobody.  That’s already been our approach to the black hole at RW more than once.

Each season we've signed a right winger, just none of them have been appropriate or worked.

18/19 - Ghezzal

19/20 - Perez

20/21 - Ünder

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it's the only concern I have with him. Italian players have a reputation for not doing well in the PL, which is true but the established ones actually tend to do well. I'd be surprised if we properly go for him, Madueke at £20m just seems so appealing and it's always a bonus to pick up young English talented players given the demand for them if they perform in the Prem.

Personally I think it'll be Dan James.

Players like Daka is the profile we usually go after.

Berardi would want first team football, with our options in the forward areas, depending on the formation we play, you’d be leaving out 2-3 key players every week.

Tanner might not be all that reliable, but he said a winger on loan is most likely.

If not, a player like Damsgaard, Madueke or Olise for example, fits our profile perfectly, young, has time to develop and their price will likely double in a few years.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Each season we've signed a right winger, just none of them have been appropriate or worked.

18/19 - Ghezzal

19/20 - Perez

20/21 - Ünder

Ghezzal was an attempt to do it on the cheap and Perez was never a winger.  Under was a loan.  Under, to me, was the first real attempt to fill that slot - at least in a way that was realistically hopeful to work (even if it didn't).

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ghezzal was an attempt to do it on the cheap and Perez was never a winger.  Under was a loan.  Under, to me, was the first real attempt to fill that slot - at least in a way that was realistically hopeful to work (even if it didn't).

I agree but at the time they were the attempts to plug the gap. Perez played all his Newcastle career as a right winger and although he's not really one, he's a damn site more effective at scoring and assisting there than he is in his supposed favoured position. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree but at the time they were the attempts to plug the gap. Perez played all his Newcastle career as a right winger and although he's not really one, he's a damn site more effective at scoring and assisting there than he is in his supposed favoured position. 

Perez played most of his Newcastle matches as a forward or withdrawn striker.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I looked at Perez's PL stats the other day and could see why we liked him. Up until last season he had averaged 8.2 goals per season in 5 previous PL seasons as a RW. Couple that with his defensive stats IIRC were the best in the PL for an attacking player.

On paper he looked a very good buy.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Perez played most of his Newcastle matches as a forward or withdrawn striker.

I stand corrected, I recall we signed him to play out wide on the back of the 2018/19 season where Bentiez deployed him as a right winger and he scored 10 goals after Christmas. 

He's not a winger but funnily enough in recent seasons he's only ever scored or assisted when deployed out there. His output for us last season centrally was horrid and it had been for Newcastle until that 2nd half of the 2018/19 season. He failed better for them as a 10 in 2017/18 but it highlights just how mediocre he is in the 2 positions we need to improve in.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I stand corrected, I recall we signed him to play out wide on the back of the 2018/19 season where Bentiez deployed him as a right winger and he scored 10 goals after Christmas. 

He's not a winger but funnily enough in recent seasons he's only ever scored or assisted when deployed out there. His output for us last season centrally was horrid and it had been for Newcastle until that 2nd half of the 2018/19 season. He failed better for them as a 10 in 2017/18 but it highlights just how mediocre he is in the 2 positions we need to improve in.

In the Guinness book of records as the slowest winger ever 😁

Cant see this happening but good to be linked with a player who could finish our front line if he adapted to the league. Had a very impressive 3 seasons as sassuolo and is a goalscoring right winger which would be very welcomed. Not sure we have the money to pay for him but depends if they like someone like praet with locatelli leaving which could reduce it to a level we could afford.