Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

Have you ever watched a Rodgers team play? 

He encourages fluidity and movement. He asks multiple players to roam where they want, he asks that the entire formation change on a dime constantly, and most of the times we've had a poor first half, the second half they're playing with more freedom and more fluidity, after a bollocking at half time. 

If we've ever had a poor match it's always because we "weren't moving fast enough", not because players weren't disciplined and staying in their boxes. 

Predictable players who don't deviate from their roles?? A player that fits Rodgers' profile can play at least 2, if not 3 positions comfortably, he loves versatility, and it's not just so he has backups in an injury crisis, its so he has players that don't feel stuck in their box. Full backs that feel like wingers when they move forward, Midfielders that aren't afraid to make runs or fall back into defense, strikers that can pick a pass from deep. 

Seriously, I don't know what team you've been watching these last couple of years, but it's clearly not Leicester.

I've had your correspondent on block for some time - now I'm reminded why.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I won't try and convince you when you're so clearly seeing something I'm not (and in my view isn't there).  The team I'm seeing is the one who looks great early in the season and can dominate when everyone is available to fill their assigned role, and breaks down into plodding, unwatchable football when the players run out of legs and the manager runs out of ideas.  Rodgers has coached the imagination and improvization out of most of his players, and it's only when ones with enough natural ability to showcase their genius at a key moment and the instinct to break predictability (like Tielemans in the Cup final) break out of it that we've done anything at all in the final month of the last two seasons.

So a manager who loses many of his key performers and subsequently adapts his style to deal with such injuries is actively coaching imagination out of his second choice players ?

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
23 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I won't try and convince you when you're so clearly seeing something I'm not (and in my view isn't there).  The team I'm seeing is the one who looks great early in the season and can dominate when everyone is available to fill their assigned role, and breaks down into plodding, unwatchable football when the players run out of legs and the manager runs out of ideas.  Rodgers has coached the imagination and improvization out of most of his players, and it's only when ones with enough natural ability to showcase their genius at a key moment and the instinct to break predictability (like Tielemans in the Cup final) break out of it that we've done anything at all in the final month of the last two seasons.

This is just ****ing nonsense. Are you a WUM?

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

This guy is clearly on a wind up??

Surely......???? :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is just ****ing nonsense. Are you a WUM?

Basically when Praet arrived he was telling everyone how amazing he was and how he'd be first choice and our best player, then it turned out he was merely quite good and I suppose it's easier to develop a grudge against the manager and invent a load of weirdness about him hating creativity and expression than say "I may have been wrong".

To quote said poster talking about Puel (!): "It's just a shame so many supporters seem happier bitching non-stop than appreciating real progress."

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Basically when Praet arrived he was telling everyone how amazing he was and how he'd be first choice and our best player, then it turned out he was merely quite good and I suppose it's easier to develop a grudge against the manager and invent a load of weirdness about him hating creativity and expression than say "I may have been wrong".

To quote said poster talking about Puel (!): "It's just a shame so many supporters seem happier bitching non-stop than appreciating real progress."

Gotcha. Beyond weird then.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

How do you know praet was saying those things? It's seems a naive statement for a pro footballer to go to another pro club and say those sorts of things. I can't imagine many would do that at all and in his mannerisms he's never come across that way.

Don't worry mate I wasn't talking about Praet himself having said those things

• Like 1

I'll make an assumption that Dennis and Youri stay with us . Even though Youri is apparently bombproof, sooner or later he will get crocked and then Dennis is the only viable substitute . Then he will have the opportunity to show us what he really can do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I'll make an assumption that Dennis and Youri stay with us . Even though Youri is apparently bombproof, sooner or later he will get crocked and then Dennis is the only viable substitute . Then he will have the opportunity to show us what he really can do.

They are 2 different players. If Tielemans got injured it would be maddison who took his position. 

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

They are 2 different players. If Tielemans got injured it would be maddison who took his position. 

He might but more and more I think of Maddison as a goalscoring attacker not as a playmaker.

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I think it would be KDH that would get a chance if Youri got injured

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The term trolling comes to my mind when reading this :thumbup:

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

....Maddison claims to be a #8, but looks more suited as a #10....!!!

Praet can play the #8 role but he is not the same type of player as Youri. He will be effective but in a different way, it is the style and formations that we play which has limited Praet at this club. When we play with two #8 (which is not very often) Praet takes the space in the team of Maddison but not his position. Just the ability to go pass our forward to provide that extra man either as a decoy or just the ability to time his run to get behind the opponents back line gives us a great advantage.

All this being said, there are strange goings on with Rodgers, who elects to play Perez ahead of Praet, even when Maddison is off his game or not available.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Maddison claims to be a #8, but looks more suited as a #10....!!!

Praet can play the #8 role but he is not the same type of player as Youri. He will be effective but in a different way, it is the style and formations that we play which has limited Praet at this club. When we play with two #8 (which is not very often) Praet takes the space in the team of Maddison but not his position. Just the ability to go pass our forward to provide that extra man either as a decoy or just the ability to time his run to get behind the opponents back line gives us a great advantage.

All this being said, there are strange goings on with Rodgers, who elects to play Perez ahead of Praet, even when Maddison is off his game or not available.

Rodgers played Praet as the attacking midfielder against West Ham and he was dreadful, got hooked off early second half despite neither Maddison or Perez being there (for obvious reasons) and after that don’t I don’t think he played much again. It’s clear to me that game changed his mind on him. 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think it would be KDH that would get a chance if Youri got injured

Not a chance I'd say. I keep going back to this point but as much as I'd like for KDH to fit into Tielemans role at prem level, we don't know that. He's untested and more of a box to box player, not a no8.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If its a smokescreen - Mathew's pereira is likely to be leaving west brom. Destination unknown.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not a chance I'd say. I keep going back to this point but as much as I'd like for KDH to fit into Tielemans role at prem level, we don't know that. He's untested and more of a box to box player, not a no8.

Have to disagree, even the Luton Town Assistant Manager has said he is an 8

“He is more attack-minded than defensive-minded, and that is probably an area of his game he will improve and learn. He is more of a No 8, breaking forward and getting into the box, with or without the ball, anticipation around the box. He has a good shot on him, and we believe he can score goals (he scored three goals last season)."

Also from a member of the Luton Supporters trust who will have watched him week in week out has said he is similar to Youri

“He is more of a Youri Tielemans type of player. He has a great range of passing and the number of diagonal balls he played from the left side of our diamond out to the right of the attack, with great accuracy, was tremendous. You could put a showreel of them together and they were all pinpoint. On a dime.

“He can also get the ball deep and drive forward with it, like Tielemans in the FA Cup final, and he has a shot on him too.

https://theathletic.com/2646255/2021/06/12/a-tielemans-type-of-player-leicesters-dewsbury-hall-looking-to-impress-rodgers-after-successful-luton-loan/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If its a smokescreen - Mathew's pereira is likely to be leaving west brom. Destination unknown.

You'd hope we'd be very keen. It's an easy move for the player to make too, I love his creativity, he's a technician type winger that Rodgers loves rather than an out and out pace merchant.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Have to disagree, even the Luton Town Assistant Manager has said he is an 8

“He is more attack-minded than defensive-minded, and that is probably an area of his game he will improve and learn. He is more of a No 8, breaking forward and getting into the box, with or without the ball, anticipation around the box. He has a good shot on him, and we believe he can score goals (he scored three goals last season)."

Also from a member of the Luton Supporters trust who will have watched him week in week out has said he is similar to Youri

“He is more of a Youri Tielemans type of player. He has a great range of passing and the number of diagonal balls he played from the left side of our diamond out to the right of the attack, with great accuracy, was tremendous. You could put a showreel of them together and they were all pinpoint. On a dime.

“He can also get the ball deep and drive forward with it, like Tielemans in the FA Cup final, and he has a shot on him too.

https://theathletic.com/2646255/2021/06/12/a-tielemans-type-of-player-leicesters-dewsbury-hall-looking-to-impress-rodgers-after-successful-luton-loan/

I read and watched his Luton stint.

But I think it's premature to even consider him in a starting 11 let alone replacing Youri.

I'd prefer madders in that no10 role ideally.

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Of the players we’ve been linked with, in some ways would offer us more balance with his creativity on that side offering a contrast to Barnes direct running. Can also play as a 10 and would offer a good option from his left peg on set pieces. 

• Like 1