Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I read and watched his Luton stint.

But I think it's premature to even consider him in a starting 11 let alone replacing Youri.

I'd prefer madders in that no10 role ideally.

I think it is reasonable to think he could start in cup games / possibly weaker teams in Europa, how else is he going to get a go

As for replacing Youri he is probably the closest player in style we have to him and his role, realistically we are probably screwed whoever has to play in that role if Youri gets injured anyway

With Youri being an 8, although Maddison claims he likes/wants to be an 8 I just dont see it, he thrives and causes damage in between the lines of midfield and defence as a 10

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Interesting then that Raphina is in the same position.  He isn’t going there then!

Yeah I think Sporting binned Pereira off to West Brom as they had Raphina so would be surprised if he went there and had to compete with him again.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it is reasonable to think he could start in cup games / possibly weaker teams in Europa, how else is he going to get a go

As for replacing Youri he is probably the closest player in style we have to him and his role, realistically we are probably screwed whoever has to play in that role if Youri gets injured anyway

With Youri being an 8, although Maddison claims he likes/wants to be an 8 I just dont see it, he thrives and causes damage in between the lines of midfield and defence as a 10

Maddison has always been a headache position wise and which players around him to bounce off. I do like him I the no.10 because he isn't the most adventurous at tracking back and he may provide some better free kicks around the D area. 

If love to see KDH in cup games and hopefully some EL games and test his mettle and see what he brings. If leicester weren't on last year I'd stream luton just to watch him as I have done to Knight and Hirst etc (although the latter wasn't on very often.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I won't try and convince you when you're so clearly seeing something I'm not (and in my view isn't there).  The team I'm seeing is the one who looks great early in the season and can dominate when everyone is available to fill their assigned role, and breaks down into plodding, unwatchable football when the players run out of legs and the manager runs out of ideas.  Rodgers has coached the imagination and improvization out of most of his players, and it's only when ones with enough natural ability to showcase their genius at a key moment and the instinct to break predictability (like Tielemans in the Cup final) break out of it that we've done anything at all in the final month of the last two seasons.

Are you aware we have finished below 5th in the past?

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd hope we'd be very keen. It's an easy move for the player to make too, I love his creativity, he's a technician type winger that Rodgers loves rather than an out and out pace merchant.

I reckon so too. Makes sense and shouldn’t cost the Earth as WBA will need to ship him off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Maddison has always been a headache position wise and which players around him to bounce off. I do like him I the no.10 because he isn't the most adventurous at tracking back and he may provide some better free kicks around the D area. 

If love to see KDH in cup games and hopefully some EL games and test his mettle and see what he brings. If leicester weren't on last year I'd stream luton just to watch him as I have done to Knight and Hirst etc (although the latter wasn't on very often.

....he is poor in deadball situations....!!!

I would rather we had Pereira in that scenario than Maddison stepping up.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not definite, Raphina plays in his position anyway but more than happy to take him off Leeds for £35m

Noted the same thing on the Twitter thread.

Would gladly take Raphina (and would’ve taken Trincao) over Pereira.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he is poor in deadball situations....!!!

I would rather we had Pereira in that scenario than Maddison stepping up.

For some reason neither does he get enough height on the ball or is he able to control the spin on the ball either.

I've just sat here wondering if I can picture madders reeling away from the corner spot after planting one on Evans head.....but I can't!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

For some reason neither does he get enough height on the ball or is he able to control the spin on the ball either.

I've just sat here wondering if I can picture madders reeling away from the corner spot after planting one on Evans head.....but I can't!!!

....strange that with his reputation, he is so lacking in those departments......!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....strange that with his reputation, he is so lacking in those departments......!!!

Well he obviously only likes to play with his own balls...

• Haha 1

Just now, AS78UK said:

Got to be honest...I'm not sold on him yet.   

But never over judge players in tournaments....never seen him play before the Euros.   

Me neither. Would rather have Leon Bailey for two thirds of the price

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Berardi isn’t the one! Doesn’t have the X factor or anything I can see that warrants £40m

Not fair to judge him on a tournament but tbf he's flattered to deceive