Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If you never saw Lenny beat a man with his skill rather than pace you didn’t watch him ?  

Agreed. Lenny took the piss out of many a fullback and left them on their arse. One of our top boys from that era. Glover, Wortho, Weller. Class acts and hero worshipped in the kop. Still miss those days and characters. I lived in Brazil street then and about 20 of us kids wandered to the ground at half time and strolled through the open gates for nothing, happy days. Sorry, got lost in my memories and went miles off topic!!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

All true but if we’re buying him as a wide player, did he actually beat a man ????

infact, I haven’t seen all Italy’s games but has he dribbled past anyone with anything other than pace ??

With hopefully Barnes on one side being direct, we don't need the same on the other side. Even more so with our overlapping full backs. We're in the market for a narrow winger who can play from the right side, cutting in, and Beradi fits that brief. Not seen enough this tournament to know if he'd be good enough or not but he shown some great touches. 

After watching Berardi a couple of times he looks a good player but I can’t see City gambling £30+ million on him, the way Rodgers motivates his players I can see Patson Daka having a go from our right hand side, imagine a front line of Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka, never going to happen but would be pretty dangerous…

29 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

After watching Berardi a couple of times he looks a good player but I can’t see City gambling £30+ million on him, the way Rodgers motivates his players I can see Patson Daka having a go from our right hand side, imagine a front line of Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka, never going to happen but would be pretty dangerous…

.. as usual Rodgers would be mistaken to believe that Daka should be utilised on the right!!!

If you do not know where to play him, why buy him in the first place. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. as usual Rodgers would be mistaken to believe that Daka should be utilised on the right!!!

If you do not know where to play him, why buy him in the first place. 

That would so Rodgers - we luck into one of the more promising #9s in the game, and he decides to be a genius and play him out of position.

• Like 1

Patson Daka has played on the right wing 6 times, assisting twice. He has played forward 116 times, scoring 68, assisting 24, so I highly doubt he is brought in for the wing, but he may play as a right sided forward inasmuch as Vardy is a left sided forward. 

Side note Patson has played left wing twice,scorong once, assisting twice, therefore....  :unsure:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I always used to remember the roar of expectation every time Lenny got the ball. Truly great player

This is exactly what I remember whenever watching Lennie Glover play. I think only Joachim in his early days ever attracted that huge crowd buzz in a similar way. On a different scale to say Mahrez.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Agreed. Lenny took the piss out of many a fullback and left them on their arse. One of our top boys from that era. Glover, Wortho, Weller. Class acts and hero worshipped in the kop. Still miss those days and characters. I lived in Brazil street then and about 20 of us kids wandered to the ground at half time and strolled through the open gates for nothing, happy days. Sorry, got lost in my memories and went miles off topic!!

My feelings exactly, but going back to 1960. Legends then, and still legends to me now.  :yesyes:

Lenny Glover would make most modern wingers look very average. Yet he wasn't the best in the league .Ian Callaghan was even better and Peter Thompson was electric. Times change though and those guys would have been mystified by "play it out from the back" tippy-tappy football.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That would so Rodgers - we luck into one of the more promising #9s in the game, and he decides to be a genius and play him out of position.

I can see that.  Inside forward on the right side of a fluid front three.  Barnes, Vardy, Daka.  Could be irresistible.

Obviously he was signed as a centre forward but I don't have a problem with him playing along the forward line until he succeeds the great one.  Worth a try, especially if your other options are Perez or Kevin in that system.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Imagine being such a weirdo that you have a vendetta against the only manager ever to win us the FA cup. 
Can’t get my head around it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Imagine being such a weirdo that you have a vendetta against the only manager ever to win us the FA cup. 
Can’t get my head around it.

.....not a vendetta, Rodgers does make strange decisions at times, winning the F.A. Cup does not erase his tendencies to get this wrong!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....not a vendetta, Rodgers does make strange decisions at times, winning the F.A. Cup does not erase his tendencies to get this wrong!!!

Tell me a manager we’ve had that hasn’t made unusual picks or tactics? It is a vendetta if you read his previous posts.

• Like 3