Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

But it's also not in "our style" to pay crazy money for an established 26 year old tournament winning International footballer. 

So in either instance something extraordinary would have to happen. I can't see it, personally. But I thought the Daka rumour was ridiculous at first so this has been a crazy window already. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But it's also not in "our style" to pay crazy money for an established 26 year old tournament winning International footballer. 

So in either instance something extraordinary would have to happen. I can't see it, personally. But I thought the Daka rumour was ridiculous at first so this has been a crazy window already. 

Yeah, Tanner in the Athletic today is basically saying he can’t see much happening until some players are moved on. Even on the wing he feels the most likely scenario is a loan. Maybe Top will surprise us and somehow throw in another £40 million but it’s not looking hugely likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yeah, Tanner in the Athletic today is basically saying he can’t see much happening until some players are moved on. Even on the wing he feels the most likely scenario is a loan. Maybe Top will surprise us and somehow throw in another £40 million but it’s not looking hugely likely.

Yeah I'd say this makes the most sense. 

We've gotten our main targets in straight up but definitely think the next bits of business will be renewing contracts and selling. 

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Makes sense. It looks like we’ve spent the leftovers from the Maguire money and Chillwell money wisely. 

Ship a few out and then go for that Stella signing on the wing.

Hamza, Papy, Praet, Perez, Amartey? Could fetch a good few million for those lot.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've gotten our main targets in straight up but definitely think the next bits of business will be renewing contracts and selling. 

I reckon Bertrand, Kabak and Dan James on loan with a view to a permanent.

I can't see us spending too much more, and we'll let one, maybe 2 midfielders go. Plus ghezzal. Benkovic will struggle to get a move I reckon. We'd be better off getting him to play 23s for a year. No one in the championship fancies him.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hamza, Papy, Praet, Perez, Amartey

If we sell Perez we need two wingers. I can't see that happening personally. Not unless Rodgers is entirely convinced that Sowah is going to be a complete upgrade on Perez and is certain he'll settle in to Premier League football. 

That's a huge risk based on some pretty big assumptions. Foxestalk likes to go way too far with its criticism of our weaker players and completely overboard with its hype for our youngsters. 

Perez going at the end of this year if Sowah proves himself, can definitely see that, but otherwise I think he'll stay. He seems the happier to be a squad player out of himself and Praet. 

I also can't see Mendy and Hamza both going. Hamza has already wanted to leave and been close to going once and Mendy is on a fairly new contract. 

Lastly, nobody is going to pay anything of note for Amartey. 

So it's probably more like Ghezzal, Praet, Hamza which is around 20-30 maybe? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If we sell Perez we need two wingers. I can't see that happening personally. Not unless Rodgers is entirely convinced that Sowah is going to be a complete upgrade on Perez and is certain he'll settle in to Premier League football. 

That's a huge risk based on some pretty big assumptions. Foxestalk likes to go way too far with its criticism of our weaker players and completely overboard with its hype for our youngsters. 

Perez going at the end of this year if Sowah proves himself, can definitely see that, but otherwise I think he'll stay. He seems the happier to be a squad player out of himself and Praet. 

I also can't see Mendy and Hamza both going. Hamza has already wanted to leave and been close to going once and Mendy is on a fairly new contract. 

Lastly, nobody is going to pay anything of note for Amartey. 

So it's probably more like Ghezzal, Praet, Hamza which is around 20-30 maybe? 

We could sell Perez. Albrighton would still be here, and we will continue to use the back three a fair bit too, particularly in Europe and against the stronger teams in the league. 

He is the most likely player to leave out of al of them I would say, because we could probably get a reasonable price for him. 

Hamza will probably go, but Mendy has also now fallen further down the pecking order with the arrival of Soumare.

Amartey will be shipped off too, particularly if Kabak signs, there will be no need to keep him.

53 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'd imagine we spent most our budget on Soumare and Daka, a net spend of 40m is a lot for us. I would be very surprised if we make another large signing without bring in some more funds form moving players on.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can't see us spending too much more, and we'll let one, maybe 2 midfielders go. Plus ghezzal. Benkovic will struggle to get a move I reckon. We'd be better off getting him to play 23s for a year. No one in the championship fancies him.

Agree in the main. Two or three more in and offload some peripheral players if possible.

I also think there is a possibility that one of Tielemans, Maddison or Soyoncu could be sold. Don't want to lose any if them but my choice would be Maddison if one does go.

On 13/07/2021 at 17:38, UHDrive said:

I'd take him for £40mil, and add Kabak. That's all of the positions we wanted to cover then this summer and a fanastic summer it would be!

I'm sure if you're prepared to stump up 50m+ for the cause they'll rip your hands off 🤣

Otherwise, without selling a named player, having already spent 40m+ and the wages for a free transfer, it would be very poor business and nowhere near the clubs model of business. It is a business and real money after all. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm sure if you're prepared to stump up 50m+ for the cause they'll rip your hands off 🤣

Otherwise, without selling a named player, having already spent 40m+ and the wages for a free transfer, it would be very poor business and nowhere near the clubs model of business. It is a business and real money after all. 

....I feel if Berardi said yes to us today we would buy him without having to sell anyone!!!

Obviously we will be looking to offload one or two players as a matter of course but I really do not think one is reliant on the other. With FFP for this time not an issue, the Owners can cover the overspend.

Just speculating about our available finance is all good and helps us to pass the time but this talk about not being able to finance deals is not realistic.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I feel if Berardi said yes to us today we would buy him without having to sell anyone!!!

Obviously we will be looking to offload one or two players as a matter of course but I really do not think one is reliant on the other. With FFP for this time not an issue, the Owners can cover the overspend.

Just speculating about our available finance is all good and helps us to pass the time but this talk about not being able to finance deals is not realistic.

We are 40 millions spent so far , if we take it 80 million net spend plus the massive increase in salaries I would be amazed. Offloading players is only easy when you sell your core members. Sell Maddison or Tielemans and we can do it. Nobody really wants that.

On 14/07/2021 at 09:02, Chocolate Teapot said:

Utd are not going to loan a rival Dan James or any other player.

Imagine the shite they would get from the fans 😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We are 40 millions spent so far , if we take it 80 million net spend plus the massive increase in salaries I would be amazed. Offloading players is only easy when you sell your core members. Sell Maddison or Tielemans and we can do it. Nobody really wants that.

....not entertaining selling core players, the players not getting game time like Praet and Choudhury would be the ones being offloaded. They have both being denied game time and constantly players picked ahead of them even with our injury problems last season. The increase in Salaries would be offset by the players whose contracts have ended, so there is not an issue there.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

True. I'm banking on the annual sponsorship moneys of roughly £30mil. Wes/Fuchs/James/King/Ghezzal (likely and possibly benko/mendy/choudhury etc as well. Ffp I'm not sure how much it will help but all in all this could be the only chance in a long time to actually not just have a clear out but keep our best players AND add with quality signings like we have. 

It's like the armed forces growing massively at the minute except no ones looking because the NHS have Boris's pants down.