Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

True. I'm banking on the annual sponsorship moneys of roughly £30mil. Wes/Fuchs/James/King/Ghezzal (likely and possibly benko/mendy/choudhury etc as well. Ffp I'm not sure how much it will help but all in all this could be the only chance in a long time to actually not just have a clear out but keep our best players AND add with quality signings like we have. 

It's like the armed forces growing massively at the minute except no ones looking because the NHS have Boris's pants down.

....I am not sure if you are referring to the monies spent regarding the Pandemic, or the contracts meted out to his cronies!!!

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure if you are referring to the monies spent regarding the Pandemic, or the contracts meted out to his cronies!!!

There's plenty of cronies in the defence industry's, probably inserting a Glock 9 pistol up his rectum! In all seriousness I love the armed forces and I'm a stone cold brexiteer and it's great that we can do what we're doing to the navy right now without being in the EU. I don't apologise for that btw...

Talking of cronies though, David Camerons has to take the busciut.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I feel if Berardi said yes to us today we would buy him without having to sell anyone!!!

Obviously we will be looking to offload one or two players as a matter of course but I really do not think one is reliant on the other. With FFP for this time not an issue, the Owners can cover the overspend.

Just speculating about our available finance is all good and helps us to pass the time but this talk about not being able to finance deals is not realistic.

I think it's entirely realistic if you take into account what our owners have actually stated in the past regarding their intended business model and combine that with the actual evidence before our eyes of how they've actually conducted business over the last few years subsequently. Checking the net spend over the last few seasons will give you the answer.

That is not speculation, that is following what has been verbally asserted by our owners and physically carried out. 

What is speculation is imagining, without evidence, that they are suddenly about to blow around 100m from a post pandemic bottomless pit on three players plus the wages of a loan signing without selling at least one major asset. It's why they are successful in business. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

By the sounds of it there could be a deal to be done for berardi but if that doesn't happen full except Daniel James.

Ideally both and shift Perez. We're well short of quality on the wings

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

Is this guy Legit? If so I'm going to wet my pants. Him for £32mil + Kabak for £8mil would give me a 100% perfect window, something I've never had before with the Foxes.

Getting wary of shifting players on though. Other clubs will be aware of this and will try to bump the price down.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Does not seem like our type of signing, whereas Madueke or Dan james do (James less so)

......if we have to spend the money, and we do consider the Right Wing to be a priority then we need to go after one player only and that is M. Pereira!!!

Berardi will end up like Trincao, we will chase all season only for him to stay where he is or stay on the Continent. Pereira has played in the Premiership and is up to speed with what is required.

Watched Madueke and he is definitely an option and for me can cover a few positions the same as Pereira. Having had the experience in the premiership you would have to take the option of Pereira to fulfil the role. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......if we have to spend the money, and we do consider the Right Wing to be a priority then we need to go after one player only and that is M. Pereira!!!

Berardi will end up like Trincao, we will chase all season only for him to stay where he is or stay on the Continent. Pereira has played in the Premiership and is up to speed with what is required.

Watched Madueke and he is definitely an option and for me can cover a few positions the same as Pereira. Having had the experience in the premiership you would have to take the option of Pereira to fulfil the role. 

If Maddison should leave it will be a loss , there is no doubt about that, but Pereira is capable filling the gap pretty well. He has shown his ability in a struggling team and kept up his standard even when it must have been demoralizing. He lacks Jimmy's quick brain but is a lot stronger and not injury prone. He also has the skill to work out wide ,so if not an out and out wide man , he can certainly be effective there 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Then again, the noises coming out of West Brom suggest Pereira would be 30m, no idea what Madueke would be, but 30m is getting toward the ready made product price of Berardi, so....

...Dan James it is

56 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Is this guy Legit? If so I'm going to wet my pants. Him for £32mil + Kabak for £8mil would give me a 100% perfect window, something I've never had before with the Foxes.

Getting wary of shifting players on though. Other clubs will be aware of this and will try to bump the price down.

Kante,Fuchs+ Okazaki wasn't too shabby. Though Kante alone was perfect!

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Then again, the noises coming out of West Brom suggest Pereira would be 30m, no idea what Madueke would be, but 30m is getting toward the ready made product price of Berardi, so....

...Dan James it is

...the only times I have seen a successful Dan James was him playing on the Left Wing!!!

It might be folly to go to a player who might work, as opposed to someone who would. It has been said that we have taken  a cursory view of the right side, with the players we undertook to cover that role. We have not really tried to resolve the issue and obviously Berardi or Pereira would be a genuine attempt to fulfil that role.

One of them I believe will not come, and the other, would be by your reckoning, priced out of our reach at £30m.....I can't agree..

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Kante,Fuchs+ Okazaki wasn't too shabby. Though Kante alone was perfect!

Any club that gets Kante is basically buying 2 players. We were so, so blessed to have him. Shame he had the release clause but the club learned from that very quickly. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Really don't think there is much wrong with that to be honest. 

Most of our attacking threat comes through the middle of the pitch in Tielemans, Maddison or the 3 strikers we'll be rotating, with Barnes providing the cutting edge from wide. We need balance in the side, I think Perez and Albrighton both offer us that balance that allows others to flourish. I know it's the "in thing" on here to demand a right winger at the moment, but there's a good possibility that next season we play a 3 in the middle of Ndidi, Soumare and Youri, leaving Maddison spare - he can fill that supporting attack role from time to time. Kelechi can also drift from the right hand side when one of two strikers, then we've got an enigma in the form of Sowah who can be the attacking wide right option when we're chasing a game and balance is no longer required. 

Don't get me wrong, there are better players than Perez and Albrighton out there but I really don't understand the desperation for a new right winger. Chances are we probably will play without a traditional right winger or right inside forward next season anyway as we have Vardy, Maddison, Daka, Iheanacho, Perez and Barnes who can all potentially start in a fluid front 3 - I don't see why we need to bring in another forward when we're gonna have to try keep all of those guys happy anyway. 

Also, no chance we get Berardi, or someone of his profile, unless Maddison goes for big £ - and that ain't happening. 

That is easily the most likely outcome.Not sexy but realistic.

Don’t think so. Rodgers had asked for more creativity and more goals in his squad. He’s ticked one box with Daka. He’ll want a right winger to add to Barnes & Maddison in terms of creativity. Not sure he could have been much clearer?

I genuinely can’t see us not signing a right winger.

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Don’t think so. Rodgers had asked for more creativity and more goals in his squad. He’s ticked one box with Daka. He’ll want a right winger to add to Barnes & Maddison in terms of creativity. Not sure he could have been much clearer?

I genuinely can’t see us not signing a right winger.

I agree, after two 5th places and a FA Cup win, it would be hard for the club to say he can't have what he wants within reason.

• Like 2

It's the perennial stick or twist question - Berardi is obviously a very good player but someone has to go to make way. Now, if we were very lucky it would be Perez/ Choudhury/ Mendy for a combined £30 million or so but it would more than likely have to be the sale of Maddison.

So do you sell Maddison to get Berardi or do you stick with what you know? 

41 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

It's the perennial stick or twist question - Berardi is obviously a very good player but someone has to go to make way. Now, if we were very lucky it would be Perez/ Choudhury/ Mendy for a combined £30 million or so but it would more than likely have to be the sale of Maddison.

So do you sell Maddison to get Berardi or do you stick with what you know? 

Depends on what we could get for Maddison I suppose.