Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

It's the perennial stick or twist question - Berardi is obviously a very good player but someone has to go to make way. Now, if we were very lucky it would be Perez/ Choudhury/ Mendy for a combined £30 million or so but it would more than likely have to be the sale of Maddison.

So do you sell Maddison to get Berardi or do you stick with what you know? 

Or we could just trust the club that they know what they're doing?

I can't see Maddison, or any other 'big' name leaving this summer. And I can't see us not signing a right winger. We may fund that through enhanced sponsorship money and our EL prize money. Or we might go down the loan route. We'll see soon enough. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

It's the perennial stick or twist question - Berardi is obviously a very good player but someone has to go to make way. Now, if we were very lucky it would be Perez/ Choudhury/ Mendy for a combined £30 million or so but it would more than likely have to be the sale of Maddison.

So do you sell Maddison to get Berardi or do you stick with what you know? 

There's another angle on here in that most of the players I.e choudhury and mendy and ghezzal and the ones in the managers red book will undoubtedly go or at least be loaned out. 

Then you have the flip side of making this work. Our salary outgoings have had a huge boost in morgan/fuchs/James/King and to a degree we've sold and let go of quite a few of the academy players either on perm deals or released. Weve had Daka, Soumare and Bertrand come in but I'd hedge a bet that buy the end of the window and with our assumed outgoings gone, then we should be getting Berardi with plenty of change afterwards.

I think this is a rare year for city to both keep their quality first 11 and build on it with quality too. As for maddison he just needs to stop reading FT and get on with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Why do we have to sell Maddison to get in Beradi. I don’t see it unless he wants to go. I think Brendan is going for and cup run. He will keep his best players 

Because we have already spent 40m, Beradi would be 30-40m, so 80m in total.

Our net spend is around 20m most seasons.

18 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

I appreciate that and that we have lost all the gate money last season, however I think we could sell fringe players including Choudary Mendy, amartey etc and that would bring in extra revenue 

Also, if as rumoured Praet is wanting away, with those mentioned above that would raise £30-40M

Praet £15M 

Hamza £10-12M

Amartey £5M

Also we have the additional sponsorship cash and no FFP this year so its doable

• Like 2

The majority of the RW we have been linked with, however tenuously, Trincao, Bailly, Pereira etc seem to either be gone, or going elsewhere with no noise attached to us.

Either we are not after a RW at all, or have a different primary target and it could just be this guy. Seems to have gone quiet all round on him with no new links so maybe we are doing the business quietly which is our way.

Edited by urban fox

13 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Also, if as rumoured Praet is wanting away, with those mentioned above that would raise £30-40M

Praet £15M 

Hamza £10-12M

Amartey £5M

Nobody goes anywhere unless they get a contract as good or better than the one they have with us. The same goes for Perez, Mendy etc. We have found that out with Slimani, Silva and now Ghezzal.

21 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Praet £15M 

Hamza £10-12M

Amartey £5M

we aren't sell 3 or 4 squad players. 

ITs what messed up over the past 2 seasons. 

We need to keep a decent size squad we potentially have 50 to 60 games this season we cant do it with a bare bone squad again. 

1 of those mentioned might go but all 3 wont. 

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nobody goes anywhere unless they get a contract as good or better than the one they have with us. The same goes for Perez, Mendy etc. We have found that out with Slimani, Silva and now Ghezzal.

Amartey is on small wages so wouldn’t be a problem for most teams he would probably attract interest from.

Hamza isn’t on big wages, would be fine for lower Prem teams where he is likely to move.

Praet may be willing to take a paycut if he ends up pushing for a move as has been suggested he may do.

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

Amartey is on small wages so wouldn’t be a problem for most teams he would probably attract interest from.

Hamza isn’t on big wages, would be fine for lower Prem teams where he is likely to move.

Praet may be willing to take a paycut if he ends up pushing for a move as has been suggested he may do.

Hamza is apparently on 60 grand a week. Praet is on 70+. .These players have agents and they would not be doing their jobs if they didn't protect their client's interest. Some players might accept slightly less in return for a longer contract but in the above's case being prime age players I would doubt it.

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We need to keep a decent size squad we potentially have 50 to 60 games this season we cant do it with a bare bone squad again. 

Realistically if we sign another cover centre back and a right winger we won’t have a choice due to squad registration rules, some players will have to be shifted on

Post below outlines pretty well what we are looking at squad registration wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Hamza is apparently on 60 grand a week. Praet is on 70+. .These players have agents and they would not be doing their jobs if they didn't protect their client's interest. Some players might accept slightly less in return for a longer contract but in the above's case being prime age players I would doubt it.

60k a week is fine for a club like Newcastle who Hamza has been linked with.

Praet is supposedly considering pushing for a move for more game time, he is a lot more likely to accept less wages than he currently earns as long as he gets the game time he wants, otherwise he would just sit here earning his 70k a week or whatever he gets wouldn’t he? An agent would still be protecting a players interest by finding him a move (possibly with less wages) where he can play every week as that would be beneficial to his International Career and possibly another move further down the line.

Plenty of players from the Prem leave for European clubs for less wages. It isn’t as cut and dry as “he won’t leave unless he gets how much he currently earns and thats that.”

I think Hamza and Amartey may go out on loan towards the end of the window. 

Praet to stay 6-12 months longer to see if he can get more games

Still need a CB and RW but does seem eerily quiet now, especially considering we did our other business early 

Maybe Rodgers is looking at 3 CM's with wingbacks providing the width, as we have Castagne, Ricardo, Justin, Bertrand, Thomas all being worthy starters

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

60k a week is fine for a club like Newcastle who Hamza has been linked with.

Praet is supposedly considering pushing for a move for more game time, he is a lot more likely to accept less wages than he currently earns as long as he gets the game time he wants, otherwise he would just sit here earning his 70k a week or whatever he gets wouldn’t he? An agent would still be protecting a players interest by finding him a move (possibly with less wages) where he can play every week as that would be beneficial to his International Career and possibly another move further down the line.

Plenty of players from the Prem leave for European clubs for less wages. It isn’t as cut and dry as “he won’t leave unless he gets how much he currently earns and thats that.”

You are never guaranteed game time, managers come and go , they don't fancy you and you are benched , earning less money than you did before. Some veteran  players accept lower money but only when their contracts are up. Praet may be able to match what we pay him, he is a good player , but I am not hopeful for many of the others.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

You are never guaranteed game time, managers come and go , they don't fancy you and you are benched , earning less money than you did before. Some veteran  players accept lower money but only when their contracts are up. Praet may be able to match what we pay him, he is a good player , but I am not hopeful for many of the others.

Why would he bother potentially asking for a move then?

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

In Dennis's case perhaps he knows through the grapevine that he can get the same or better money. His agent would have multiple contacts. We shall see,  but I would be surprised if he formally asks for a transfer.

34 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Are you forgetting that we've signed players and got back two from loans? We've added Daka, Soumare, Bertrand, KDH and Sowah to the squad, and only lost Wes, Fuchs and Under - none of which featured very much over the season.

It's a struggle to cram everyone into the 25-man squad as it is. If we do get a RW and a CB, then I think at least 3 players will have to be left out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because he's 27 and doesn't want to waste the best years of his career backing up Ayoze Perez for a manager who doesn't appreciate his talents?  Going somewhere he can feature every week is worth a small pay cut to him, and he might not even have to take one. 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Because he's 27 and doesn't want to waste the best years of his career backing up Ayoze Perez for a manager who doesn't appreciate his talents?  Going somewhere he can feature every week is worth a small pay cut to him, and he might not even have to take one. 

Yeah that was the point I was trying to get across to him haha

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

You perhaps accidentally made a strong point there. Any manager who prefers Perez to Praet would objectively have no idea what he is doing. However this could be personal and we would not know about that.

30 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Are you forgetting that we've signed players and got back two from loans? We've added Daka, Soumare, Bertrand, KDH and Sowah to the squad, and only lost Wes, Fuchs and Under - none of which featured very much over the season.

It's a struggle to cram everyone into the 25-man squad as it is. If we do get a RW and a CB, then I think at least 3 players will have to be left out.

Just saying i would be surprised to see them go but guess there is still a long time to go in the transfer window. 

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Just saying i would be surprised to see them go but guess there is still a long time to go in the transfer window.

I think it will depend on whether we make any more signings. With the squad as it is, I think someone has to be cut from the 25-man squad already, so any signing we make means another one has to be cut.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

...I am not sure a club can unilaterally change the contract at a whim....!!!

Once the contract is signed by both party's, it surely can not be amended without both party's agreement.