Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

45 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it will depend on whether we make any more signings. With the squad as it is, I think someone has to be cut from the 25-man squad already, so any signing we make means another one has to be cut.

To be honest i personally think we will go into the season as is. Maybe a loan but i cant see us doing a lot more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I am not sure a club can unilaterally change the contract at a whim....!!!

Once the contract is signed by both party's, it surely can not be amended without both party's agreement.

Yes but many players contracts include appearance bonuses so if benched that cuts down their overall earnings

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

To be honest i personally think we will go into the season as is. Maybe a loan but i cant see us doing a lot more. 

Starting to think that too. We seemed to have got our business done early and there are very little credible ITK rumours about us now. 

Would much prefer we got a CB at RW to complete the jigsaw and cover all bases, but when does any team have a perfect window and get everything they want or need. 

If we are looking at a 4-3-3, with 3 CMs and full backs providing the width, then not going after a RW makes a little more sense I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Starting to think that too. We seemed to have got our business done early and there are very little credible ITK rumours about us now. 

Would much prefer we got a CB at RW to complete the jigsaw and cover all bases, but when does any team have a perfect window and get everything they want or need. 

If we are looking at a 4-3-3, with 3 CMs and full backs providing the width, then not going after a RW makes a little more sense I guess. 

....it would be a Harvey Barnes like match up on the Right!!!

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Berardi to Chelsea and then Ziyech to us would be the absolute dream.

Ziyech didn’t have the best 1st season with Chelsea, but good enough, and I think an extra season of PL experience he will be even better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Berardi to Chelsea and then Ziyech to us would be the absolute dream.

I wouldn't kick that scenario out of bed for eating crackers, but I'd take Berardi over Ziyech in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I wouldn't kick that scenario out of bed for eating crackers, but I'd take Berardi over Ziyech in a heartbeat.

Both come with question marks but on their day are prolific at scoring and creating. 

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Ziyech didn’t have the best 1st season with Chelsea, but good enough, and I think an extra season of PL experience he will be even better.

Couldn't agree with this more; he now has a good manager and has settled in and will have a proper pre season as well. I really rate him.

I'd love either him or Berardi; both are exceptional players.

• Like 3

Ziyech is near clone of Mahrez , but a step down . He soon found out though that PL was a big step up from Dutch football. Very skilful of course but lightweight and non existent defensively. Major problem is Chelsea would want their 40 million back and he would want about 6 million a year.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Ziyech is near clone of Mahrez , but a step down . He soon found out though that PL was a big step up from Dutch football. Very skilful of course but lightweight and non existent defensively. Major problem is Chelsea would want their 40 million back and he would want about 6 million a year.

I think had Mahrez moved straight to the Prem he would have faced the same issues you are alluding to with Ziyech. Luckily for us he had a couple of seasons in the Championship where he could adapt, get stronger and learn the defensive side of the game (although I never thought he really mastered that art).

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I think had Mahrez moved straight to the Prem he would have faced the same issues you are alluding to with Ziyech. Luckily for us he had a couple of seasons in the Championship where he could adapt, get stronger and learn the defensive side of the game (although I never thought he really mastered that art).

Actually, only half a season in the championship, so he adapted fairly quickly to the Prem (not so much in the Great Escape season, but most of our players struggled with the transition that season).

• Like 1

It's Berardi must be. So far signed a 23 and 22 yr old players and experienced LB granted. But BR wanted more leadership + experience in the team 'for the young guys'. I'm going on sky bet.. can't imagine its that Doni he's 19. 

45 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's Berardi must be. So far signed a 23 and 22 yr old players and experienced LB granted. But BR wanted more leadership + experience in the team 'for the young guys'. I'm going on sky bet.. can't imagine its that Doni he's 19. 

Give me some of your optimism juice please! Would love it if that were true. I've already started preparing myself for Perez on the right :dry:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Give me some of your optimism juice please! Would love it if that were true. I've already started preparing myself for Perez on the right :dry:

Never mind optimism juice, if perez was on the right this year I'd consider tripping myself up down the King Power stairs 🤬

• Haha 1