Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

On 22/07/2021 at 16:19, The People's Hero said:

Couldn't agree with this more; he now has a good manager and has settled in and will have a proper pre season as well. I really rate him.

I'd love either him or Berardi; both are exceptional players.

I live for the day I see Ziyech in a Leicester shirt doing his goal celebration

https://images.app.goo.gl/drQDoUBbzdmoN7VT9

18 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

From around 16.22 minutes Fab says on this video that Berardi would like to join us but the fee is the problem 

Just pay it. He's everything lcfc look for I.e. a model pro.

That let's us get our recruiting guys looking for young talented back ups for next season too. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Just pay it. He's everything lcfc look for I.e. a model pro.

That let's us get our recruiting guys looking for young talented back ups for next season too. 

Only way that happens is they want Praet in to replace Locatelli and we can offer them him as part of the deal for Berardi. Highly unlikely IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

or if maddison leaves and we have the cash.

By what I understand from the podcast it seems more of an issue of the club not wanting to spend that amount on Berardi rather than not having it to spend. Personally if they have it 40million seems like a good deal for a player of his quality.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Won't happen

fully agree is seriously unlikely. but off all the 'rumoured' possibilities, thats the only one that would mean we would be willing to drop that kind of cash for berardi

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

By what I understand from the podcast it seems more of an issue of the club not wanting to spend that amount on Berardi rather than not having it to spend. Personally if they have it 40million seems like a good deal for a player of his quality.

we might have the cash, but having another 70m in the bank means they can act more liberally in regards in incomings. it may be a case of 'we have weighed up the risk to our financial position, next to the quality of the player and decided against it' but the risk to our financial position is not as great if maddison leaves. Is all irrelevant tho cause i seriously doubt Madders will leave (which is the preferable outcome)

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only way that happens is they want Praet in to replace Locatelli and we can offer them him as part of the deal for Berardi. Highly unlikely IMO.

Will Praet not go there do you think? In this season alone with ffp and keeping the sqaud, of all seasons, I'd want this to work. It's slightly frustrating that we haven't sold anyone yet.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Will Praet not go there do you think? In this season alone with ffp and keeping the sqaud, of all seasons, I'd want this to work. It's slightly frustrating that we haven't sold anyone yet.

I think Praet would go there.

Trades almost never work in soccer-football, but I’d it were to happen Praet and 15-20 million seems about right.

4 hours ago, chapero82 said:

From around 16.22 minutes Fab says on this video that Berardi would like to join us but the fee is the problem 

offer them Albrighton in part exchange..

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

It sounds good on paper but our club is great because the people behind the scenes aren’t playing football manager. 

Currently the options are Dan James and MP... both on loan with no obligations and pretty reasonable fees if they are a big success.... or 40m for someone who has never played in the league. 

Its just not our way to take gambles like that. This could go bad for so many reasons.

obviously if it happened I’d be as excited as I was on the day we signed Matt mills (my lesson to never get a players name on a shirt before he’s kicked a ball for your club)

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It sounds goof on paper but our club is great because the people behind the scenes aren’t playing football manager. 

Currently the options are Dan James and MP... both on loan with no obligations and pretty reasonable fees if they are a big success.... or 40m for someone who has never played in the league. 

Its just not our way to take gambles like that. This could go bad for so many reasons.

obviously if it happened I’d be as excited as I was on the day we signed Matt mills (my lesson to never get a players name on a shirt before he’s kicked a ball for your club)

Did exactly the same, was on that lovely white away shirt too that year. At least we learnt from experience mate :crylaugh:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It sounds goof on paper but our club is great because the people behind the scenes aren’t playing football manager. 

I was trying to work out what 'goof' meant, I assumed I was missing something because I'm not 'down with the kids'. Took me a while to work out it was a typo!:D

17 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I was trying to work out what 'goof' meant, I assumed I was missing something because I'm not 'down with the kids'. Took me a while to work out it was a typo!:D

Down with the kids? More like down with the grandads to know what goof means

• Like 1