Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

i prefer madueke and pereira over him tbh

for me Madueke excites me the most. but i fully understand them not wanting to fork out on a teenager if theyre not totally convinced of his ability. which may not be the case. i am bias tho cause his name rolls off the tongue so well and hes from South London.

BR said he wanted both winners and experienced players from this transfer window and Berardi is exceptionally experienced and has a fantastic regard in Italy as a model pro. 

Yes he is closing in on 27, but he's in his prime and played great football in the euros. His talent isn't in doubt and he fits our style of play, our formation and brings what we need in that position. 

If this means the owner putting money into the club to secure the player until we sell some of our outgoing players then so be it, I'm all for it. 

Hopefully once he's in then the recruitment team can start working long term on players for that position. This would give us a great base point to start from in an area of the pitch that is critical to cover.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think madueke is the most likely to flop.

MP is the safe option. 

berradi is the one with the potential to be the best of the bunch.

Dan James is the Gary Megson option  

Madueke definitely has the most potential, but is also the most likely to flop, given his young age and having only played 1st team football in a really weak league. 

58 minutes ago, NasPb said:

i prefer madueke and pereira over him tbh

54 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

for me Madueke excites me the most. but i fully understand them not wanting to fork out on a teenager if theyre not totally convinced of his ability. which may not be the case. i am bias tho cause his name rolls off the tongue so well and hes from South London.

We've all been there with Nigerian names...lol! lol

Not exactly sure why, but Madueke gives me Ryan Sessegnon vibes. Perhaps it was his rather pedestrian appearance in the Euro U21s. 

Edited by NaijaFox

36 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

BR said he wanted both winners and experienced players from this transfer window and Berardi is exceptionally experienced and has a fantastic regard in Italy as a model pro. 

Yes he is closing in on 27, but he's in his prime and played great football in the euros. His talent isn't in doubt and he fits our style of play, our formation and brings what we need in that position. 

If this means the owner putting money into the club to secure the player until we sell some of our outgoing players then so be it, I'm all for it. 

Hopefully once he's in then the recruitment team can start working long term on players for that position. This would give us a great base point to start from in an area of the pitch that is critical to cover.

Oh ok then. You better let Top know that he has your approval

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Oh ok then. You better let Top know that he has your approval

I think I'll ignore that. If you have something to say, that would remotely reflect what I've said, then please do reply.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think madueke is the most likely to flop.

MP is the safe option. 

berradi is the one with the potential to be the best of the bunch.

Dan James is the Gary Megson option  

Imo Berardi is the highest reward but at what cost? He's already older. 

Mp defo safest. 

Madueke highest reward highest risk. But I've got a feeling he's a star imo. 

I think this signing has more potential to be like Slimani or Musa than it does to be successful.

My gut just tells me that IF we sign Berardi it just won't work out, at best we'll have 2 Perez's, it'll just be that one is more suited to actually playing on the wing.

Italians don't tend to fit well in the premier league, ref's don't buy their tactics and theatrics.

Perez is 28

even if we could sell him that limits the fee we can get because he has no resale value to a buyer 

Berardi  is worse in that by the time it comes to either a sale or a renewal he will be thirty. 

we surely aren’t shelling out 30 million on a player with no release value …..it doesn’t fit our modus operandi 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Perez is 28

even if we could sell him that limits the fee we can get because he has no resale value to a buyer 

Berardi  is worse in that by the time it comes to either a sale or a renewal he will be thirty. 

we surely aren’t shelling out 30 million on a player with no release value …..it doesn’t fit our modus operandi 

Maybe the club aren’t looking at resale value on this one but actually trying to break into the top 4 with a winning mentality player who’s already at his peak 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don’t see him as a Liverpool or Chelsea player….. he’s not a luxury player as such, he’s more of a workhorse with a great technique. 

He would end up being dumped by either club after a season or so, whereas with us he would probably end up being a cult hero. 

Not sure how we can compete with either of them to be honest, unless they set their financial stance lower than ours. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

I don’t see him as a Liverpool or Chelsea player….. he’s not a luxury player as such, he’s more of a workhorse with a great technique. 

He would end up being dumped by either club after a season or so, whereas with us he would probably end up being a cult hero. 

Not sure how we can compete with either of them to be honest, unless they set their financial stance lower than ours. 

Fab did say he doesn’t really like playing for a big club but for a club like Leicester 

Just now, chapero82 said:

Fab did say he doesn’t really like playing for a big club but for a club like Leicester 

That’s my thoughts. He isn’t a big time Charlie and may prefer playing for us. I can’t imagine his current financial demands being too far away from our wage structure.

Personally I think he is the number one preferred target. But Peraira is the alternative… however, I can’t see WBA letting him leave permanently, they seem to want to have the option to bring him back if they come up. We know full well that this won’t happen if he joins a PL side on loan. 

He’s pushing away from our usual kinda transfer when we sign a player young enough for huge resale value… but at basically 27 years old he’s barely old and maybe it would be sign to sign someone in their prime for once? 

I do fear if he’d settle in but Fab has said he’d come to us so he must be wanting a change of scenery, and then there’s the cost but I’d assume Perez would have to leave for purely squad size as well as progressing his own career so why not replace him with this chap.

on the flip side it worries me kinda if we’re going down the Slimani / silva route trying to sign someone relatively established but only in one league and of an age where if he flops it’ll prove costly.

I mean I’d trust our scouts if we were to sign him but I actually wonder if there’s anything in it, Fab said we wanted Gosens but we got Bertrand instead… could’ve been CL reasons but I sort’ve doubt it

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

That’s my thoughts. He isn’t a big time Charlie and may prefer playing for us. I can’t imagine his current financial demands being too far away from our wage structure.

Personally I think he is the number one preferred target. But Peraira is the alternative… however, I can’t see WBA letting him leave permanently, they seem to want to have the option to bring him back if they come up. We know full well that this won’t happen if he joins a PL side on loan. 

I think he is too, I wonder if they will accept a loan with an obligation to buy 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Beginning to really like this Fab guy.

Berardi would come nowhere near us without a starting position every week. Think about it, Maddison, Tielemans , Soumare, Ndidi and soon Barnes . Who is on the bench? Pereira , on the other hand , would be much more flexible.