Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Berardi would come nowhere near us without a starting position every week. Think about it, Maddison, Tielemans , Soumare, Ndidi and soon Barnes . Who is on the bench? Pereira , on the other hand , would be much more flexible.

Do yourself a favour?!

Of course he starts with us, wide right in a 4231.

You’re on the forum daily. You know which position we’re trying to fill!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Do yourself a favour?!

Of course he starts with us, wide right in a 4231.

You’re on the forum daily. You know which position we’re trying to fill!

I can't see us playing a lone striker again.

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I can't see us playing a lone striker again.

He can play in a front three, he can play as a ten, he can play on the right…..

He is very versatile, and if you’re suggesting where will he play, where will Barnes play? We dropped to a back 3 because we completely lost our width last season.

We will only see a back three against the top teams and potentially other teams that play it. Otherwise we will play a 4-2-3-1 or a diamond, similar to Villa away a few seasons back.

we literally had no choice to play with no wingers last season because we didn’t have any, this season hopefully we will.

Plus Daka at full pelt will be able to play up top on his own. Vardy will be used for the big games, and Kelch will be used in rotation, but I expect once he has found his feet Daka will be the main guy. 

Which means we will be able to play with a single striker, and then goal threats around him in Madders Barnes and a new right sided player. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If there's even half a chance of this lad we should make it happen.

Just sell a horse or two top. Make it happen.

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Berardi would come nowhere near us without a starting position every week. Think about it, Maddison, Tielemans , Soumare, Ndidi and soon Barnes . Who is on the bench? Pereira , on the other hand , would be much more flexible.

It’s the way it is you’ve named 4 central players and only 1 winger which should tell you everything regarding where we need to strengthen … it’s safe to say if we do go in for Berardi Brendan is planning on heading back to the 4231 formation which suits us best imo so that would mean it would be a toss up between Madders or Soumare depending on how attacking we wanted to go

Edited by dbtcity

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

He can play in a front three, he can play as a ten, he can play on the right…..

He is very versatile, and if you’re suggesting where will he play, where will Barnes play? We dropped to a back 3 because we completely lost our width last season.

We will only see a back three against the top teams and potentially over teams that play it. Otherwise we will play a 4-2-3-1 or a diamond, similar to Villa away a few seasons back.

we literally had no choice to play with no wingers last season because we didn’t have any, this season hopefully we will.

Plus Daka at full pelt will be able to play up top on his own. Vardy will be used for the big games, and Kelch will be used in rotation, but I expect once he has found his feet Daka will be the main guy. 

Which means we will be able to play with a single striker, and then goal threats around him in Madders Barnes and a new right sided player. 

None of us really know our starting eleven against Wolves , but for me I see, Kasper, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans ( if fit), Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumaré, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy. Yes the good old diamond with the full backs providing width and Ndidi and Soumaré doing the covering. When Barnes is fit , he and Daka rotating with the front two. Pereira could deputise Maddison but Berardi would be more difficult to fit in.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s the way it is you’ve named 4 central players and only 1 winger… it’s safe to say if we do go in for Berardi Brendan is planning on heading back to the 4231 formation which suits us best imo so that would mean it would be a toss up between Madders or Soumare depending on how attacking we wanted to go

Same Maddison or Soumaré idea could work for 4-3-3 as well, so a bit of flexibility.

Barnes and Berardi outside Vardy/Daka sounds quite fun!

Not that I’m expecting Berardi to arrive (at least without someone leaving), but if he did it would have been quite a window!

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

None of us really know our starting eleven against Wolves , but for me I see, Kasper, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans ( if fit), Bertrand, Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumaré, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy. Yes the good old diamond with the full backs providing width and Ndidi and Soumaré doing the covering. When Barnes is fit , he and Daka rotating with the front two. Pereira could deputise Maddison but Berardi would be more difficult to fit in.

Wot no Fofana?

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

5 at the back (and I mean 5) for sure  :ph34r:

43 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think he is too, I wonder if they will accept a loan with an obligation to buy 

Why would they accept this though? Doesn't help them at all losing one of their best players on loan? 

Would be like us loaning Barnes to Liverpool with an obligation. 

• Like 2

Our best football under Rodgers has been with a front 3, whether we call that 433, 4231 or 41221. And in that system we have good options in every position bar RW, the only real loser would be Nacho who is better in a two at our club (but this is because he is a sort of hybrid striker/number 10). Nacho would be a really good Firmino replacement at Liverpool IMO, not that I want him to leave. 

Not many top sides play with 2 up top.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Why would they accept this though? Doesn't help them at all losing one of their best players on loan? 

Would be like us loaning Barnes to Liverpool with an obligation. 

I don’t think they would but I wouldn’t be surprised, Italians pull loads of weird transfer deals like that

Just now, moore_94 said:

I don’t think they would but I wouldn’t be surprised, Italians pull loads of weird transfer deals like that

It is a league full of weird transfers, just doesn't feel like the type of deal they'd do unless we offered a mad structure. 

Like a loan fee of £10/£15mill and then an obligation of another £15mill at the end of the season or even including someone like Ghezzal on loan in return 

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Our best football under Rodgers has been with a front 3, whether we call that 433, 4231 or 41221. And in that system we have good options in every position bar RW, the only real loser would be Nacho who is better in a two at our club (but this is because he is a sort of hybrid striker/number 10). Nacho would be a really good Firmino replacement at Liverpool IMO, not that I want him to leave. 

Not many top sides play with 2 up top.

Agree with most of that and Iheanacho isn’t good enough or consistent enough to change the formation for. Still don’t think there is anything in this though after ramadaone mentioned it was a smokescreen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes shouldn’t be used as a rotation option for Vardy and Nacho, if he is fit he needs be one of the first names on the team sheet, and not as a central player, he needs to be on the wing where he excels, and as such we would need a right winger on the opposite side also, and it can’t be Daka really because he has never played as a winger, and we could all hope Ricardo could fill in but it would be stupid to take one of the best right backs in world football when on his game and make him player further forward which ruins his best attribute of over or under lapping from deep behind a winger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It is a league full of weird transfers, just doesn't feel like the type of deal they'd do unless we offered a mad structure. 

Like a loan fee of £10/£15mill and then an obligation of another £15mill at the end of the season or even including someone like Ghezzal on loan in return 

I could maybe see Praet being involved in a deal if Locatelli goes to Juve, could cut a good £10-15m off the cost

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They wouldn't let both go surely? It would be one or the other

At the moment it seems like they could be willing to let both go, if it was only one then we have 0% chance of Berardi because there seems to be a good chance of Locatelli going Juve

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

This is another reason that I don't think that we'll get him, Locatelli will go Juve in the end, and as you say, can't see both leaving in the same window. 

Seems talks for Locatelli to leave are further down the line than for Berardi, with what Sassuolo's president has said about an August 8th deadline for departures it seems that they're trying to hurry Juve more than asking clubs to come in for Berardi, which is how some on here have interpreted it. 

Tbf Fab said weeks and weeks ago that it doesn't seem likely that Sassuolo would sell two big stars in one window. 

Berardi seems like one of our least likely of the RW links tbh. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I could maybe see Praet being involved in a deal if Locatelli goes to Juve, could cut a good £10-15m off the cost

Could Sassuolo afford Praet's wages?

He was flirting with Inter Milan back when he signed with us, doubt he'll wanna go 6-10th place Seria A