Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think this signing has more potential to be like Slimani or Musa than it does to be successful.

My gut just tells me that IF we sign Berardi it just won't work out, at best we'll have 2 Perez's, it'll just be that one is more suited to actually playing on the wing.

Italians don't tend to fit well in the premier league, ref's don't buy their tactics and theatrics.

I dont know where to begin.

To compare him to Perez is pointless. Perez has never posted figures like him. Perez hasn't even been picked for the Spanish national team above u21 level.

I also don't remember him producing lots of theatrics at the Euros.

Italians don't tend to fit in well in the Premier League?

Zola, Di Canio, Di Matteo to name three!

Edited by foxpleasure
  • Like 3

From a business point of view, this would be the summer for Sassuolo to sell Berardi. Off the back of a decent euros, 27, 3 years left on contract, Sassuolo won’t get the potential for a higher fee after this summer. So can see the temptation to sell. 

Of course it’s for them to weigh up the business side with the sporting side, losing 2 key players in a window, but they may feel they can reinvest well, so wouldn’t rule it out completely them selling Berardi and Locatelli, the temptation/pressure will be there

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I dont know where to begin.

To compare him to Perez is pointless. Perez has never posted figures like him. Perez hasn't even been picked for the Spanish national team above u21 level.

I also don't remember him producing lots of theatrics at the Euros.

Italians don't tend to fit in well in the Premier League?

Zola, Di Canio, Di Matteo to name three!

So 3 italians in near on 30 years?

I'll see your Zola, Di Canio and Di Matteo with a Silenzi and a Diamanti and raise you a Borini, Aquilani and Zappacosta.

Just to clarify, I wasn't directly comparing him to Perez in terms of playing style. More hinting at he'd be an expensive squad player that doesn't offer much. 

He could work out for us, if he did come, I just don't think he will, based on nothing more than my gut feeling. I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong if he did come and was a success. I just don't get a good feeling about the reported fee it would take to get him when I feel there is better out there at lower fees

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why would they accept this though? Doesn't help them at all losing one of their best players on loan? 

Would be like us loaning Barnes to Liverpool with an obligation. 

They do this kind of transfer a lot in Italy so it wouldn’t surprise me

31 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

If the club really wants him, we have slightly over 2 weeks to get it done by the deadline they have mentioned 

Kind of reminds of a couple of transfers when we've sold players in the past. Can't remember which player it was exactly, but did we come out and say something similar in the past, purely a tactical response to try and get things moving. They seem to be taking a similar stance. If you want him, that's the price, pay up before then or go away.

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

They do this kind of transfer a lot in Italy so it wouldn’t surprise me

A lot of dodgy loans/transfers in Italy with co ownerships etc Like Chiesa's "loan" to Juve. Juve are basically paying €50million for him, but with 2 smaller payments for 2 years and a final transfer fee at the end of it. So it wouldn't surprise me if this kind of deal happened with Berardi coming here

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Kind of reminds of a couple of transfers when we've sold players in the past. Can't remember which player it was exactly, but did we come out and say something similar in the past, purely a tactical response to try and get things moving. They seem to be taking a similar stance. If you want him, that's the price, pay up before then or go away.

A lot of dodgy loans/transfers in Italy with co ownerships etc Like Chiesa's "loan" to Juve. Juve are basically paying €50million for him, but with 2 smaller payments for 2 years and a final transfer fee at the end of it. So it wouldn't surprise me if this kind of deal happened with Berardi coming here

Hopefully things do get moving it's been dead for the last 3 weeks ish in transfer news

2 hours ago, escape2victory said:

From a business point of view, this would be the summer for Sassuolo to sell Berardi. Off the back of a decent euros, 27, 3 years left on contract, Sassuolo won’t get the potential for a higher fee after this summer. So can see the temptation to sell. 

Of course it’s for them to weigh up the business side with the sporting side, losing 2 key players in a window, but they may feel they can reinvest well, so wouldn’t rule it out completely them selling Berardi and Locatelli, the temptation/pressure will be there

Agree with this. If you reversed the situation and we had a 27 year old winger that we would be able to sell for €35-40 then it would be a no brainer with what we could do with those funds. Sassoulo aren't Juve and don't have that financial clout just like we aren't man utd/city. I'm hopeful of this and its my number 1 preference.

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agree with this. If you reversed the situation and we had a 27 year old winger that we would be able to sell for €35-40 then it would be a no brainer with what we could do with those funds. Sassoulo aren't Juve and don't have that financial clout just like we aren't man utd/city. I'm hopeful of this and its my number 1 preference.

I can't see Berardi being sold unless the asking price is met and cant see Leicester paying £40 mill imo  

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So 3 italians in near on 30 years?

I'll see your Zola, Di Canio and Di Matteo with a Silenzi and a Diamanti and raise you a Borini, Aquilani and Zappacosta.

Just to clarify, I wasn't directly comparing him to Perez in terms of playing style. More hinting at he'd be an expensive squad player that doesn't offer much. 

He could work out for us, if he did come, I just don't think he will, based on nothing more than my gut feeling. I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong if he did come and was a success. I just don't get a good feeling about the reported fee it would take to get him when I feel there is better out there at lower fees

I wasn't thinking you were comparing style just quality. I also wasn't saying that all Italians had been a success but there are quite a few (not just the three I mentioned)  If we only sign nationalities where they have predominantly been a success we would find it a very short list which probably wouldn't include England.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

They wouldn't let both go surely? It would be one or the other

I wouldn’t be so sure. New manager, £80M+ is a lot of money for club like Sassuolo to use to reshape their team. They can replace those players with quality and still have plenty left to improve their squad in other areas. Makes a lot of sense to want the deals done soon however. 

On 30/07/2021 at 08:27, Pliskin said:

Being recent PL champions, European competitors and FA cup holders, any reason why? 

Because sadly and I know some people still hate the tag but we are 'little old Leicester'. Look maybe I'm wrong but I'd put good money on not being wrong...call it a gut feeling.

On 30/07/2021 at 08:27, Pliskin said:

Being recent PL champions, European competitors and FA cup holders, any reason why? 

To make it clear this isn't necessarily about the player not wanting to come. Its about Leicesters transfer model being based on signing players who go under the radar (Daka, Soumare, Kante, Mahrez, Castagne, Ricardo). Players who attract attention such as Gosen for his Euro performances or Berardi who wins the Euros become hot property and the clubs they play for know this. Their transfer price is inflated and the clubs they play for hold all the aces. Leicester won't be ripped off....simple as.

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

To make it clear this isn't necessarily about the player not wanting to come. Its about Leicesters transfer model being based on signing players who go under the radar (Daka, Soumare, Kante, Mahrez, Castagne, Ricardo). Players who attract attention such as Gosen for his Euro performances or Berardi who wins the Euros become hot property and the clubs they play for know this. Their transfer price is inflated and the clubs they play for hold all the aces. Leicester won't be ripped off....simple as.

Daka and Soumare werent really under the radar players, just players that didnt cost a fortune for differing reasons. 

25 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Daka and Soumare werent really under the radar players, just players that didnt cost a fortune for differing reasons. 

They weren't front and centre in the shop window though like Berardi