Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

On 30/07/2021 at 09:38, UniFox21 said:

Why would they accept this though? Doesn't help them at all losing one of their best players on loan? 

Would be like us loaning Barnes to Liverpool with an obligation. 

To be fair, PSG got Kylian Mbappé from Monaco on that sort of deal. A kind of financial doping. Pay €x million for the loan, then the rest a year later when the move is made permanent.

That said, I think with FFP relaxed this year, there's no real need to do this, unless a club can't afford the outright fee until the following year.

There is absolutely zero chance of us signing Berardi. Not even sure why this thread exists! Have we had any plausible  link?

He’s Italian. The good ones rarely play outside of Serie A, and those that do play for top top clubs (don’t come back at me with Ravanelli please!)

This just isn’t happening.

We won’t be spunking £30m+ on any other signing, this window 

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

There is absolutely zero chance of us signing Berardi. Not even sure why this thread exists! Have we had any plausible  link?

He’s Italian. The good ones rarely play outside of Serie A, and those that do play for top top clubs (don’t come back at me with Ravanelli please!)

Multiple good sources, including Fabrizio, have been talking about our interest in Berardi. 

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

There has been previous strong links about our interest in him, but the price has given us no chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Multiple good sources, including Fabrizio, have been talking about our interest in Berardi. 

Is that as recent as this afternoon? 

I hope we'll get him for €35-40mil touch wood.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we all knew it would be somewhere in that price range, why should we now not be a factor!!!

€35-40m, sure, that would just about make him our most expensive ever signing.

€45m? That's a big jump and I don't think we would be willing to pay that much for him. It's just not in keeping with our strategy/style.

Romano had said previously Sassuslo would say they want 45 million euros but in reality would accept 35-40 million euros. 

So this quote from their owner doesn’t change anything. The reality is it’s very unlikely based on our previous overall spend we have 35 million let alone 45 million extra to spend on a player unless we see some players leave. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Romano had said previously Sassuslo would say they want 45 million euros but in reality would accept 35-40 million euros. 

So this quote from their owner doesn’t change anything. The reality is it’s very unlikely based on our previous overall spend we have 35 million let alone 45 million extra to spend on a player unless we see some players leave. 

Good memory, and that would make complete sense.

Interesting though that Rodgers said he wasn't expecting anyone to leave. I mean, not even Ghezzal? Perhaps that's what's holding up us getting a winger...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

€35-40m, sure, that would just about make him our most expensive ever signing.

€45m? That's a big jump and I don't think we would be willing to pay that much for him. It's just not in keeping with our strategy/style.

€35mil plus potentially minimal add-ons is what we should be looking for. It's a critical position and if the club want him, they'll get him. 

If that were nailed down then I'd be hoping we can loan an experienced CB. Nothing I've seen so far has changed my views from last year.

• Like 1

If Maddison does go for 70m, and we get this guy in for 35m, that's another remarkable transfer window - Berardi, Soumare, Daka and Bertrand for 75m so 5m overall outlay! Plus Sowah and KDH to come in. 😁

On 01/08/2021 at 21:55, Danny280995 said:

€45 million is about £38 million in our money, so yes way to expensive for us

With the FFP rules being eased this season you’d think we’d take the plunge to bag whatever winger Brendan and co felt we needed to help push us onto that next level (within reason)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

With the FFP rules being eased this season you’d think we’d take the plunge to bag whatever winger Brendan and co felt we needed to help push us onto that next level (within reason)

If FFP is relaxed… it’s still not free money. We’d still be accumulating debt…

10 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

No, we don't have the money to spend big on a player, I don't see us signing anyone else now, unless players go

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Assuming you mean our manager, he hasn’t revealed what our remaining budget is, has he? 

Hardly going to, realistically, is he!?  "I've got 15mil. to spend, anyone got a decent winger and a cheap centre back?  Email me at LCFC".

Edited by PaulW
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Brendan....."We don't have a bottomless pit of money."  Widely quoted.

But that doesn't mean we don't have money to spend. Most teams don't have a bottomless pit and by saying this it's not showing our hand so teams don't rinse us.

• Like 2