Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

But that doesn't mean we don't have money to spend. Most teams don't have a bottomless pit and by saying this it's not showing our hand so teams don't rinse us.

My point exactly.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Takes a special kind of clown to bump a thread like this just to say nothing. 

"And the prize for the most patronising post of the day goes to....!

Edited by PaulW

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Every summer transfer window I can remember since being on this place there have been people claiming we are broke or don’t have the money to sign anyone. They have been consistently wrong. It does slightly annoy me when I see people claiming to know about the clubs finances/budget!

We are not broke by any means but we are careful, Musa, Slimani, Silva and Perez have taught us some hard lessons.

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Perez?  You mean teachers favourite. The bloke who cannot be dropped despite appearing to have only recently been introduced to actual football?

That's the man, the Newcastle fans still take the piss. 

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Brendan....."We don't have a bottomless pit of money."  Widely quoted.

Said every club bar PSG and Man City so your quoted quote means **** other than stating LCFC don't want to let clubs know we have money so that we can get the best deal possible.

BR quoting the bottomless pit of money I'd take with a pinch of salt. In past windows he'd effectively closed them down financially to the press only for transfers to come in. Him quoting that sounds to me like they've definitely got money to spend, it's just depending on outgoing player sales and what limit they've capped spending at.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

If FFP is relaxed… it’s still not free money. We’d still be accumulating debt…

It surely gives owners who are willing to pump money in more freedom… their hands have been tied since ffp came into play and come next season it will be the same again so if it’s a route they’re willing to go down now is the time to take advantage of it… or have I got it all wrong lol 

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

It surely gives owners who are willing to pump money in more freedom… their hands have been tied since ffp came into play and come next season it will be the same again so if it’s a route they’re willing to go down now is the time to take advantage of it… or have I got it all wrong lol 

Do you think we have those sort of owners? 

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Not quite sure you know what patronising means mate, ironically. 

I know exactly what it means.  You've succeeded in composing an even more patronising post. Congratulations.

PS. The following definition might help you, (not my words):

"If you are patronizing, you tend to speak down to others, acting as though you are smarter, classier, or just plain better than anyone else"

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Actually old Peps scored as many as Auba  last season. We can't afford him of course unless..........

Yeah that doesn't fit well around my joke however. I'd have had Pepe here before he signed for an astronomical fee for Arsenal. In fact, I'd still have him if Brendan could get a better song out of him. But that isn't on the cards, so I'll stick with my joke.