Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

22 minutes ago, PaulW said:

I know exactly what it means.  You've succeeded in composing an even more patronising post. Congratulations.

PS. The following definition might help you, (not my words):

"If you are patronizing, you tend to speak down to others, acting as though you are smarter, classier, or just plain better than anyone else"

Stop crying you clown. Ridiculous attention seeking posts annoy me and plenty of others. 

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Has a reliable source ever actually linked us with this bloke

I would be surprised if we have made any approach at all for Berardi. Start something on here though and it can run for months.

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Says the man with numerous posts about Berardi and how we can’t afford him.

Rudkin must have some side hustle. I think he’s trying to recruit a bank teller and demolition guy. Might be how we can afford future signings if our P/L margin doesn’t return to positive in the next year or two.

Edited by NYC Fox Fan

24 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Says the man with numerous posts about Berardi and how we can’t afford him.

That is why I doubt any approach. The club will target the affordable . Pereira, who is affordable, is slipping away so if it is going to happen at all then Madueke seems a possible option but we had better be quick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

If FFP is relaxed… it’s still not free money. We’d still be accumulating debt…

...that is true...but so long as the owners can cover the outlay then it is not a bad situation to be!!!

Spending £30m to cover a purchase could net £50m at the end of the season. It is going to be difficult  this coming season, and if everyone is investing we need to do the same.

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Do you think we have those sort of owners? 

100% look back to when they first came in, I’d say they’ve realised we’ve had to have a different approach especially since ffp has come in and we’ve obviously changed a lot with that to being pretty much self sufficient…. But if there’s a tiny window we can exploit I hope they take the plunge

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

100% look back to when they first came in, I’d say they’ve realised we’ve had to have a different approach especially since ffp has come in and we’ve obviously changed a lot with that to being pretty much self sufficient…. But if there’s a tiny window we can exploit I hope they take the plunge

I think they also understood that a period of investments was needed to make us financially stable. they did also go on record as saying their  intention was for us to be financially self sufficient. They are not like some ownsers that suck money out of the club they own as a form of income.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2021 at 15:56, dbtcity said:

It surely gives owners who are willing to pump money in more freedom… their hands have been tied since ffp came into play and come next season it will be the same again so if it’s a route they’re willing to go down now is the time to take advantage of it… or have I got it all wrong lol 

They haven't shown a willingness to do that since the championship, that's not to say they won't, but as teams like Man City prove, if you want to pump money in, there are ways and means. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They haven't shown a willingness to do that since the championship, that's not to say they won't, but as teams like Man City prove, if you want to pump money in, there are ways and means. 

....let's do things the right way, nothing short of scandalous what they did, and with a weak F.A. and F.I.F.A combined, we knew there would be no consequences!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....let's do things the right way, nothing short of scandalous what they did, and with a weak F.A. and F.I.F.A combined, we knew there would be no consequences!!!

Whatever a Man City, Chelsea fans says our success will always be sweeter because we have done it in the right way since we returned to the PL.

I love the fact we have won the PL and FA Cup without throwing money around.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maybe he wants to stay in Italy can't see this happening at all Coutinho or Madukewe more likely 

Romano has said Berardi is open to a move to Leicester, and he's obviously clued into this. When we won the title, he posted a supportive social media comment so appears he's positively disposed to us. 

We're the type of club that would suit Berardi as he's appeared reluctant previously to go to higher profile teams, hence why's he stayed at Sassuolo for so long. 

However, as another poster said, it's going to take a big fee or a commitment to a big fee to prise him away following the departure of Locatelli. 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I know its a rare and complicated thing but surely offering Praet as part of a deal would work for absolutely everyone 

He is highly rated in Italy. But for some reason the offer of players only ever seems to work if you’re a huge club…. Might worth it though, like I said Praet was regarded one of the better players in Italy. 

One thing to mention is I was speaking to my mate who lives in France, who worryingly said he doesn’t rate Soumare…. And doesn’t understand why we’ve signed him when we have Praet……

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is highly rated in Italy. But for some reason the offer of players only ever seems to work if you’re a huge club…. Might worth it though, like I said Praet was regarded one of the better players in Italy. 

One thing to mention is I was speaking to my mate who lives in France, who worryingly said he doesn’t rate Soumare…. And doesn’t understand why we’ve signed him when we have Praet……

I wouldn’t be too worried he’s a young guy so is always going to be a bit rough around the edges. 

I do think many of our fans overhype him already though. To me kdh is more exciting 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I wouldn’t be too worried he’s a young guy so is always going to be a bit rough around the edges. 

I do think many of our fans overhype him already though. To me kdh is more exciting 

Based on bit parts against Man City in the Community Shield, and against Wolves on Saturday - it looks to me like Soumaré needs a little bit of time to get used to the pace of English football. I've absolutely no doubt it will come though. For Lille, he reminded me of a much better Abdoulaye Doucouré.

• Like 1