Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

10 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

We have had many truly great players don the blue shirt, particularly in our recent history, but for me Cambiasso made the game look so easy. For one lacking pace, he always seemed to find space and had so much time when on the ball. Not only was he technically superior, he orchestrated proceedings on the pitch. It was a real pleasure to see him play for Leicester and that at the end of his career he was still probably our stand out player that season. He must have been some player in his prime.

And to top all that, the knowledge that he, with his pedigree and the names he'd worked under and alongside, chose to come and play under Nigel Pearson then left once he got the boot. Legends recognise legends.
:pearson:

7 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Definitely can add Cambiasso to the list too. Still played very well whilst at Leicester, incredible player. 

Mancini - Just have to look how well he is doing with Italy. Organised, good football, exciting to watch. If Rodgers chooses to leave then Mancini would be a good option. Depending if he wants to stay with national team. 

I'd be delighted with that scenario, provided Rodgers hangs tight with us for another couple of seasons. Let's be real, the way they're playing, Mancini will want to lead the Azzurri to the World Cup, even one held in a blood money sandbowl at Christmas.

The question is more where we'll be in two years' time. Our trajectory looks good, so let's see, but the question remains whether a manager who has just led an elite international team into (possibly) the sharp end of a World Cup would consider moving to Leicester afterwards. But if we can continue to establish ourselves in the top 6 and finally crack the top four, who knows?

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I never said he was bad for it just something I just noticed, looks like he’s going to trip himself up when he runs

Analysis actually review how they run, as it gives them a good insight to potential injury risk etc. 

7 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Not looking so good tonight 

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Never seen him properly until tonight… what’s all the fuss about? Rather have Ghezzal! 

One can assume that the fact he’s in the team to begin with means he’s better than he’s looked tonight….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

One can assume that the fact he’s in the team to begin with means he’s better than he’s looked tonight….

Say what you see , not what you assume. I’ve seen nothing special 

Chiesa looks like the better one but him being at Juve means we'd have zero chance of getting him. Top players though. I remember his Dad scoring a hat trick against us in a friendly. Dean Sturridge also got a hat trick.

1 minute ago, Attywolf said:

Apparently 2 teams bids for him have been accepted ( one from Leicester). They are apparently leaving it up to him weather he stays or which team he goes to

Not sure how much I rate them as a source

• Sad 1

ROFL.  Thank goodness our recruitment doesn't employ the same logic as internet commenters.

I've always been of the "he's never coming" camp with Berardi but if we get him, it's a bigger coup than Daka.

Sassuolo set €40m price-tag on Berardi

https://football-italia.net/sassuolo-set-40m-berardi-price-tag/

Sassuolo have reportedly set a €40m price-tag on Italy star Domenico Berardi, with Milan, Lazio, Liverpool and Leicester City interested.

The right-sided winger turns 27 in August and has impressed for Italy at Euro 2020 so far.

He was co-owned by Juventus, but always wanted to continue his career with Sassuolo after coming through their youth academy.

However, the time has seemingly come for Berardi to move on and try a new experience, as confirmed by Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Neroverdi have set a price-tag of €40m on the player who this season scored 17 goals and provided eight assists in just 30 Serie A appearances.

Milan and Lazio are known to be tracking Berardi in Italy, but there is also some Premier League interest from Leicester City and even Liverpool.

His contract with Sassuolo runs to June 2024 and it would not be a decision dictated by financial packages so much as ambition and the opportunity to play regularly at the highest level.