Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Why do we discuss a player who would cost £40 million plus , even if he was prepared to leave Italy , which he isn't. Matheus Pereira is the achievable player.

It was in € euros I.e. £34 million. I'm sure we could haggle that down further.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

My only caution is how many Italian players in their mid to late twenties have ever been a success in the PL? 

How much would Trincoa cost and what are your odds? I know you mentioned another guy a while ago but I can't remember! 

I'm going off of this deal given his age mainly amongst other things.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

My only caution is how many Italian players in their mid to late twenties have ever been a success in the PL? 

Zola, Di Matteo, Ravenelli

Admittedly that was all years ago lol

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And how many have failed? In general there haven’t been many Italian players move to the PL in recent years, in my lifetime I can think of plenty of successes, many already mentioned. 

Don’t think his nationality is relevant anyway, it’s down to his personality and his new environment as to whether he will adapt or not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

And how many have failed? In general there haven’t been many Italian players move to the PL in recent years, in my lifetime I can think of plenty of successes, many already mentioned. 

Don’t think his nationality is relevant anyway, it’s down to his personality and his new environment as to whether he will adapt or not. 

75 Italian players have played in the PL by my reckoning.

Those who have been a notable success:

Zola

Vialli 

Jorginho

Ravanelli for a season

Eranio

Di Canio

Carbone

Di Matteo

Balotelli (early part of his Man City career)

I suppose looking at those, the overwhelming majority were experienced and quality players rather than unproven highly rated youngsters, so in that case Berardi stands a much better chance but at £40m I'd really rather look elsewhere.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

We’re leading the way according to that article.

MILAN - In view of the great return to the Champions League, Milan is thinking of a heavy restyling for its attacking department. First of all we need a profile that can exalt, and exalt, in the right lane (Samu Castillejo is now saying goodbye) as well as guaranteeing an important contribution in terms of assists and goals. Practically the identikit of Domenico Berardi, protagonist of a season to remember with Sassuolo and also of a European in which Roberto Mancini, so far, has awarded him the degrees of blue holder. The possible operation is very difficult, but as the market teaches, nothing is impossible.

Sheva to the quarters, the compliments of Ambrosini
Pioli has been following Berardi for some time

The Rossoneri coach has been "courting" the Calabrian winger for some time, ever since he sat on the Fiorentina bench. Berardi, for the coach, reflects the perfect characteristics in the right lane and would give more offensive weight. His history with Sassuolo now seems to be running out, given that in addition to Milan (and Inter) Berardi is also followed in the Premier League, with Leicester leading the way. In addition, the attacker has a particular "relationship" with the Rossoneri: Berardi al Diavolo has scored 9 goals (with 4 assists) in 15 games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

It’s not so much believing it, it’s still getting used to the fact that for the last few years we have been competing with the likes of Milan for international players, who seem happy to choose us!

I know 2016 changed everything, our standing, the perception of Leicester abroad; but having been watching / supporting the team since 1962 it’s not something that’s easy to get use to! 

I accept you younger lads sort of take it for granted, but for me it’s really emotional having seen the relegations, financial worries, poor players, poor managers and countless disappointments, punctuated obviously by some great moments. 

This is the greatest period in the clubs history and we are so lucky to be witnessing it. 

I don't disagree with you in general terms but on these specific rumours I've yet to see a credible source and Fab said a couple of weeks ago that we weren't in for Gosens, even before his stock rose in the Euros.