Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

Just now, Fox85 said:

Maybe the Top who is a multi billionaire has thought maybe it's time to take the club to the next level 

Strange time to do it with COVID and all, not like FFP has been put on pause or anything…

The money can be made to work if we don’t spend anything on our LB & CB and we’re prepared to add most/all of our EL revenue to our ‘usual’ annual net spend.

But if, miraculously, we start next season playing 433 with Barnes & Berardi either side of Vardy, we’d have literally no one at anywhere near their level as cover/rotation. 

Which, among other reasons, makes me doubt this.

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Maybe the Top who is a multi billionaire has thought maybe it's time to take the club to the next level 

Is he a billionaire though? wouldn’t Vichai’s wife now be the owner of all the money etc  

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

The money can be made to work if we don’t spend anything on our LB & CB and we’re prepared to add most/all of our EL revenue to our ‘usual’ annual net spend.

But if, miraculously, we start next season playing 433 with Barnes & Berardi either side of Vardy, we’d have literally no one at anywhere near their level as cover/rotation. 

Rotation would be Daka, Iheanacho with Maddison behind, which is not bad.

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Bertrand on a free and a centre back (such as Tah) on loan?

Even if we didn't sign Berardi and got some other winger in, I can't imagine we would then go out and get yet another winger for cover/rotation - most likely next season our cover/rotations options will be Albrighton, Perez, Sowah, and possibly Daka (although he isn't really a winger)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Is he a billionaire though? wouldn’t Vichai’s wife now be the owner of all the money etc  

King Power (who are our owners, not Top specifically) was passed onto Top, so I imagine he probably has control over the "empire" as it were, as so control over the money

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bertrand on a free and a centre back (such as Tah) on loan?

Even if we didn't sign Berardi and got some other winger in, I can't imagine we would then go out and get yet another winger for cover/rotation - most likely next season our cover/rotations options will be Albrighton, Perez, Sowah, and possibly Daka (although he isn't really a winger)

As @Merchant_Banker said, Daka & Nacho are possibilities but neither has shown they’d relish playing there.

If not them, the drop in quality from Barnes/Berardi to Albrighton/Perez is sobering,

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

As @Merchant_Banker said, Daka & Nacho are possibilities but neither has shown they’d relish playing there.

If not them, the drop in quality from Barnes/Berardi to Albrighton/Perez is sobering,

And Ricardo.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Unfortunately unless King Power have decided to splash the cash this summer I can't really see us then going out and getting another one in for cover

Possible we may try to sneak in a cheap deal for a youngster from somewhere, but then we do already have Sowah coming in and with Albrighton and Perez (neither of which are really going to be moved on this summer) we just don't have the squad space either

I imagine if we did go for Berardi this season (or whoever), next summer is when we would go out looking for depth for the wing positions (as depth for defence, centre mid, and strikers has been the main focus this summer)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Unfortunately unless King Power have decided to splash the cash this summer I can't really see us then going out and getting another one in for cover

Possible we may try to sneak in a cheap deal for a youngster from somewhere, but then we do already have Sowah coming in and with Albrighton and Perez (neither of which are really going to be moved on this summer) we just don't have the squad space either

I imagine if we did go for Berardi this season (or whoever), next summer is when we would go out looking for depth for the wing positions (as depth for defence, centre mid, and strikers has been the main focus this summer)

Oh I agree with you. The logic of this however is that unless Daka or Nacho play wide, and I don’t think they will, we can only really play full on 433 with Barnes & Berardi. An injury or a rest for one or the other probably entails a change of shape.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Oh I agree with you. The logic of this however is that unless Daka or Nacho play wide, and I don’t think they will, we can only really play full on 433 with Barnes & Berardi. An injury or a rest for one or the other probably entails a change of shape.

Most likely going to be the "area of pain" we have to put up with this season I think!

Although we all know Sowah is going to come in and be another Harvey Barnes, so no worries really :ph34r:

Edited by moore_94

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Most likely going to be the "area of pain" we have to put up with this season I think!

Although we all know Sowah is going to come in and be another Harvey Barnes, so no worries really :ph34r:

Agree - be a nice problem to have! Dare say there’d be games when e.g. Madders, Perez or Kevin gets the nod ahead of one of them for this or that tactical reason. Flitting between 433 and 4231 could work very well. It’s survivable!

As for Sowah, let’s see!

Edited by Steve Earle
Omission

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm refusing to believe it, which is damn hard to do as I'm a fcukin magnet to left footed right wingers. It's like trying to resist touching the hot glass in a chip shop.

Not only does he score a lot of goals, he creates a decent amount and his work rate defensively will give Brendan a stonker.

Not happening (imagine if it does)

In your opinion is he the best RW we've been linked to so far? Ahead of Trinicao as he's ready made at 26?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

In your opinion is he the best RW we've been linked to so far? Ahead of Trinicao as he's ready made at 26?

For me it's Gosens.