Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

On the right? 

No on the left as part of a 5.

I suggested signing him in the 'Who do you want" thread but didn't think there was a realistic chance we'd get him. 

Can't still get my head round us actually being in the running for him. Not getting carried away, still don't see Berardi joining us. 

But if there is a club that will give him a supportive culture to his local club, that would be Leicester. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely. My only concern which is pretty flawed is that historically Italian players haven't done well in the PL but established ones in their mid to late twenties fair much better as they hit the ground running.

He's got it all. He'd cost a lot of money though. Still think we'll be in for Dan James or Makuede but if we got Berardi we'd have the ultimate player for Rodgers system. Defends well, scores a lot of goals and is non stop.

Dortmund are apparently looking at Madueke once Sancho leaves, around €20 million

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely. My only concern which is pretty flawed is that historically Italian players haven't done well in the PL but established ones in their mid to late twenties fair much better as they hit the ground running.

He's got it all. He'd cost a lot of money though. Still think we'll be in for Dan James or Makuede but if we got Berardi we'd have the ultimate player for Rodgers system. Defends well, scores a lot of goals and is non stop.

Whoever it is and whatever it costs I'm going to lose my fuxxing mind if I have to watch another player sit in the stands or on the bench because he's not willing or able to do the work at both ends of the pitch. Seems like we could of bought Ronaldo by now with all that we have spent on rejects. 

Whatever scouting plan we had to purchase Daka we should have the same now. All has to start with mentality and physicality for me.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Dortmund are apparently looking at Madueke once Sancho leaves, around €20 million

F that! If he's good enough for them than he's good enough for us. Get cracking Jon!

Edited by SO1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah would be a classic Dortmund signing. I really want us to start going toe to toe with them and see who's got the pull.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah would be a classic Dortmund signing. I really want us to start going toe to toe with them and see who's got the pull.

Them. They pay absolutely obscene agents fees and some murky stuff goes on.

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Them. They pay absolutely obscene agents fees and some murky stuff goes on.

I think we'd give them a good run, we're the PL equivalent of them at recruitment and our reputation now takes care of itself. Probably pay more in actual wages to the player too but definitely not to the agents.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Strange time to do it with COVID and all, not like FFP has been put on pause or anything…

On the other hand if you were going to do it now is the time whilst transfer fees are relatively lower than what they have been

Not coming.  Never was.

But then, I said signing Daka was a long shot so grain of salt.  Bernardi would be an even bigger coup for certain and thus even more unlikely but hey, who the hell knows.

Edited by Deeg67