Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Domenico Berardi

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Players are exhausted and have had little time to play as a unit.

Ah, that excuse.

He’s been a consistent scorer in Serie A for a good number of years, surprised nobody has come in for him sooner if he’s meant to be that good.

Now I’ve slagged him off, he’ll either have a belter against Belgium or Mancini will rightfully drop him. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

It's not an excuse, more a simple and common-sense explanation for why plenty of very good footballers like Tielemans and Kane have been looking ordinary at best so far off the back of good seasons for their clubs. Judging players solely on their performances in international tournaments isn't a great idea at the best of times, especially not now.

Best not go for Damsgaard instead then, that lad has probably peaked at the Euros like Kapustka.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Ah, that excuse.

He’s been a consistent scorer in Serie A for a good number of years, surprised nobody has come in for him sooner if he’s meant to be that good.

Now I’ve slagged him off, he’ll either have a belter against Belgium or Mancini will rightfully drop him. 

Football is littered with examples of why international tournaments are stupid reasons to buy or pass on a player and lead to clubs getting ripped off in the market. 

That Kapushtka guy was a helluva a buy for us, though. :P

This guy has played for Italy at every level and was co-owned by Juventus for years. He’s a baller. Fact.  

It’s funny, some demand loyalty from our current players but turn their noses at other clubs’ players showing that same commitment. Berardi has helped Sassuolo achieve some pretty remarkable things during his time there, kudos to him for not jumping ship the second he had a chance to go. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Football is littered with examples of why international tournaments are stupid reasons to buy or pass on a player and lead to clubs getting ripped off in the market. 

That Kapushtka guy was a helluva a buy for us, though. :P

This guy has played for Italy at every level and was co-owned by Juventus for years. He’s a baller. Fact.  

It’s funny, some demand loyalty from our current players but turn their noses at other clubs’ players showing that same commitment. Berardi has helped Sassuolo achieve some pretty remarkable things during his time there, kudos to him for not jumping ship the second he had a chance to go. 

I think the Euros is a great indication.

Mbappe for example has proved that he is a poor man’s Iheanacho.

But us Leicester fans knew that already.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I think the Euros is a great indication.

Mbappe for example has proved that he is a poor man’s Iheanacho.

But us Leicester fans knew that already.

Hahaha. Well played. :schmike:

6 hours ago, Guest said:

It's not an excuse, more a simple and common-sense explanation for why plenty of very good footballers like Tielemans and Kane have been looking ordinary at best so far off the back of good seasons for their clubs. Judging players solely on their performances in international tournaments isn't a great idea at the best of times, especially not now.

See Ahmed Musa for example .

Aah sorry, already done.

Take it as my contribution to 100 pages 

Edited by Steve Earle

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't be opposed to see the club going in for Dan James given we were/are linked to him in this transfer window (now whether that would be on a loan or such). I understand there are some deficiencies in his footballing abilities, specifically in his dribbling, finishing, and ability to find space as a winger to creates chances. With that said, he does have some great proficiencies about him as well, such as his movement, speed/stamina, crossing abilities, high work-rate, etc... Dan James is still very young, coachable with lots of potential and under Brendan Rodgers, I believe he can transform into a proper player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iran said:

Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't be opposed to see the club going in for Dan James given we were/are linked to him in this transfer window (now whether that would be on a loan or such). I understand there are some deficiencies in his footballing abilities, specifically in his dribbling, finishing, and ability to find space as a winger to creates chances. With that said, he does have some great proficiencies about him as well, such as his movement, speed/stamina, crossing abilities, high work-rate, etc... Dan James is still very young, coachable with lots of potential and under Brendan Rodgers, I believe he can transform into a proper player.

One problem with Dan James! He’s crap 

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

Ah, that excuse.

Teams have regularly come for him and he's previously said he didn't want to leave Sassuolo

38 minutes ago, Iran said:

Wouldn't surprise me either

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Teams have regularly come for him and he's previously said he didn't want to leave Sassuolo

He’ll get homesick after a month then.

A 26 soon to be 27 year old from Serie A for 30-40 million, isn’t the kind of profile we usually go after.

17 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He’ll get homesick after a month then.

A 26 soon to be 27 year old from Serie A for 30-40 million, isn’t the kind of profile we usually go after.

Yeah it's the only concern I have with him. Italian players have a reputation for not doing well in the PL, which is true but the established ones actually tend to do well. I'd be surprised if we properly go for him, Madueke at £20m just seems so appealing and it's always a bonus to pick up young English talented players given the demand for them if they perform in the Prem.

Personally I think it'll be Dan James.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it's the only concern I have with him. Italian players have a reputation for not doing well in the PL, which is true but the established ones actually tend to do well. I'd be surprised if we properly go for him, Madueke at £20m just seems so appealing and it's always a bonus to pick up young English talented players given the demand for them if they perform in the Prem.

Personally I think it'll be Dan James.

If could be nobody.  That’s already been our approach to the black hole at RW more than once.