Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

Club vs country

On 20/06/2021 at 00:05, shailen said:

Genuinely what excites you as a football fan more? When Leicester or England play in tournaments/competitive games (excl. qualifiers) 

There really is something nice about the whole country supporting one team together that you don't get at club level for obvious reasons. 

For me club all day long by an absolute mile, I want England to do well, but there is no spark there for me like there is for Leicester, don’t feel emotionally involved in England, it’s weird because I want to, I just can’t get up for it, like club football, interesting to hear if anyone’s heart is more in England then Leicester, I would find that absolutely odd 🤣

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 16:40, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Rooting for Belgium or Denmark at the Euros, I'll support players I'm emotionally invested in

Harry Kane and Mason Mount can get in the bin

As much as i pick club before country, your views are a bit nuts, would you be wanting Belgium to beat England in the final? Surly not,   Each to there own but surly you should be supporting your nation instead of a player who might not be at your club come august?

6 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

As much as i pick club before country, your views are a bit nuts, would you be wanting Belgium to beat England in the final? Surly not,   Each to there own but surly you should be supporting your nation instead of a player who might not be at your club come august?

As a Leicester fan I find it a bit weird that anyone would go nuts cheering Ben Chilwell scuffing one in of his arse after Youri has slipped over and misplaced pass.

But then again I'm not jingoistic at all, don't really do nationalism. 

Club, but people go well out of their way to make their point. This Euros is probably the least bothered I’ve been about England, but these are diluted times to be a football fan.

Una was right in that as Leicester have gone up the leagues, it’s made the national team less interesting. I used to dread another dull year in the Championship after the hype of a World Cup supporting Beckham, Rooney and Lampard. Then I’d have to go back to De Vries, Tiatto and Hughes. 

This shite 24 team format coupled with an empty Wembley has made our group games feel like the dreary qualifying games. 

Anticipation will pick up on Tuesday before we get knocked out. 

I don’t get the buzz for England games like I did when I was younger, however I go out of my way to watch our games. 

On the whole, I’ve enjoyed the tournament and I don’t think I’d have bothered watching if England weren’t in it. 

Similar in a way to how no long is talking about the Copa America with it being on at the minute. 

On 21/06/2021 at 11:40, BlueSi13 said:

It is, and has always been, a daft comparison.

Club will always have more investment because we play most weeks and in the actual city, but we'll never play each other, and we'll never play at the same time.  

There isn't a "choice" to be made.

Spot on.

What is so fckin difficult about supporting your club team, AND your Country?

But England are sh*t and boring to watch.  Yeah, just like the City for half of my life.  So what???

• Like 2

Never understood the point of this question. 
Why can’t you just want both to win without having to pick a preference. 
Ones my club and ones my country and I want them both to win everytime I watch them. 
Last thing we need is more of the sort of b*ll*cks like the ‘Scouse not English’ thing. 

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 18:09, Unabomber said:

Club. Used to get quite excited with England games when leicester were in the lower leagues not now though. Still want them to do well and will be up for the knockout games. Would help if we had a competent manager. 

I do think this is playing a part. Usually we watched and backed England to see quality players way above our level and to win a major trophy. In the past few years we've seen real quality and had the major trophy winning at club level. Our own club has won more than several of the players in the past six years.

The country will be right behind the team now but I wonder if some fans have had their fix from the club and it won't be matched?

19 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Never understood the point of this question. 
Why can’t you just want both to win without having to pick a preference. 
Ones my club and ones my country and I want them both to win everytime I watch them. 
Last thing we need is more of the sort of b*ll*cks like the ‘Scouse not English’ thing. 

Of course you can support both, as they are independent of each other. Wanting England to win has little bearing on whether Leicester can win or vice versa. But given the choice of whether you'd want England to win a major tournament or Leicester to win something - what would you take? I'd always have said Leicester but the way the whole country gets behind one team is special imo, so I'd personally lean towards England as I've never seen them do well in anything really! 

There will be some who love watching /supporting England , others who aren’t that bothered about what happens  or those who really go out of their way to tell you they hate England/International football .

One guy on our forum said he watched the game but didn’t cheer the goals and it might as well been a clash between 2 clubs in league one to him !!

There's no wrong or right answer to this. 

I'm Club before country but do England home and away as well as Leicester. 

Yesterday was bloody amazing at Wembley.. however I said this in the pub before and I'll say it again. 

Don't slag off international football during the international breaks then get behind the nation come a major tournament. You're all in or your not. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

There's no wrong or right answer to this. 

I'm Club before country but do England home and away as well as Leicester. 

Yesterday was bloody amazing at Wembley.. however I said this in the pub before and I'll say it again. 

Don't slag off international football during the international breaks then get behind the nation come a major tournament. You're all in or your not. 

Fair enough, but I can't get behind international football which isn't competitive in the same way as tournament football. Not saying that I'm not behind England nor do I slag off international football, but it only really does come to life during these tournaments. 

Club for me all day long, I've never been to an England game so the attachment isn't there as much as it is for Leicester.

But I do love Euro's and World Cups so will support England like Leicester right now especially when he is picking the right group of players.

ITS COMING OME!!

23 minutes ago, shailen said:

Anyone changed their mind? Yesterday at wembely was up there with anything I've experienced in football lol. 

Nothing's changed for me although it'd be different possibly if I was actually there, but that's kind of the vicious cycle, I don't try and buy a ticket because I feel a bit like that and there are plenty who'd simply appreciate it more. If anything I think it's confirmed it for me.

That is in no way a pop at England as I hope we do well, but I dunno, I've always preferred club and just can't put my finger on why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Anyone changed their mind? Yesterday at wembely was up there with anything I've experienced in football lol. 

Not at all. I'm kinda pleased for the people.who care and certainly cheered the goals. 

But, I can't help it. If we (city) lose.to, say, palace on a.november Saturday I am sickened to the core. If England would have lost last night, I'd have turned over at the final whistle and watched Netflix for a bit. 

I just can't feign the same.emotional attachment 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Not at all. I'm kinda pleased for the people.who care and certainly cheered the goals. 

But, I can't help it. If we (city) lose.to, say, palace on a.november Saturday I am sickened to the core. If England would have lost last night, I'd have turned over at the final whistle and watched Netflix for a bit. 

I just can't feign the same.emotional attachment 

I think we've been spoilt with Leicester the last few seasons and it's why a lot prefer club football to international, but there's just something different about international football where everyone is interested and together. 

14 hours ago, shailen said:

Still club over Country for me but, as I said before, I really get into the International tournaments. I also watch the qualifiers but rarely the friendlies as they're boring. People who want us to lose because the opposition have a Leicester player are proper strange.

Edited by Fox92

I am definitely more club than country than I thought I was prior to the tournament. Especially in terms of emotion. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted, enjoying the success and can't wait for Sunday. I watch every England game I can, whether its friendlies or not so its not that I don't support them. Just don't have the same elation. 

I do think its a lot down to watching games at home rather than pub as well. 

England games are always better when there's a bit of jeopardy to them. Qualifying for these Euros was a piece of piss, but qualifiers can and have been entertaining in years gone by. 

We've been handed some fairly easy qualifying groups over the years, but I remember the tension of tournament qualification that hung in the balance.

• Like 2

On 20/06/2021 at 00:05, shailen said:

Genuinely what excites you as a football fan more? When Leicester or England play in tournaments/competitive games (excl. qualifiers) 

There really is something nice about the whole country supporting one team together that you don't get at club level for obvious reasons. 

Club without question.

Still very much club. I just don't get the same feeling with England, although I am more up for it if Leicester are represented in the team.

That said, I really love the whole silliness of major tournaments and always end up getting sucked in by the fun and nostalgia side of it. England's just a more pleasant place to be when the national side are doing well, and I love it. Can't wait for Sunday evening now.

• Like 3