Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

Club vs country

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

England games are always better when there's a bit of jeopardy to them. Qualifying for these Euros was a piece of piss, but qualifiers can and have been entertaining in years gone by. 

We've been handed some fairly easy qualifying groups over the years, but I remember the tension of tournament qualification that hung in the balance.

One of the very few games I was totally in to England was the qualifier away to Italy, 1997. 0-0. I still think England's best ever tactical.performance.

When Vieri had that header in the last second, I genuinely thought I was going to die 

That's the only time I can recall being on edge to the level of City games

Nothing will ever beat Leicester winning the league in 15/16 but more so because it was so unexpected and a real fairy tale, but as amazing as it'd be to win it again, I'd personally rather just see England win a major competition. It's a tough choice, and obviously they don't depend on each other but seeing us win the league and FA Cup has satisfied me from a club point of view for now. 

On 09/07/2021 at 08:33, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

had this chat at work yesterday. weird one, for me there was 0 tension in the second half of extra time. no stressing, just wasn't that bothered. nothing compared to the fa cup final or even the semi final against united. 

Southampton have renamed themselves to Southampton United? ;)

Edited by Sampson