Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Daka Signs - Official

On 30/06/2021 at 11:12, Greg2607 said:

can we all accept that he may take some time to adapt to the PL please.  He looks an exciting talent, but he is young and the Austrian league is clearly some way below the PL.  I'd expect more of a harvey barnes trajectory, quietly bedding in and improving over time. 

If we are expecting 20 goals out of him next year... then some people are doing to be sorely disappointed. 

I don't expect 20 goals out of him next season. 30 or bin! 

16 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I don’t want to be negative but this isn’t the signing we need.

I know from a scout who has looked at Central Europe his composure is not good and in terms of work rate he won’t be a vardy replacement by any means. This side have won the league multiple times in a row.

He won’t be any better than what we already have. I suspect come Jan he will be loaned out. 

Well I know a girl guide who says he's mustard.

• Haha 1

The Austrian League is indeed a much lower standard than the EPL. But he will have better players to help him.  This is definitely the better option compared to say signing Edouard who plays in a lower standard League in Scotland. Give him a chance and he will be fine.

Guest StevieLynex

What do we reckon his goal scoring celebration will be when he starts banging them in. I haven't watched any of his videos, so this is a complete guess. Runs to the corner flag and re-enacts Roger Milla's dance

33 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

What do we reckon his goal scoring celebration will be when he starts banging them in. I haven't watched any of his videos, so this is a complete guess. Runs to the corner flag and re-enacts Roger Milla's dance

He's a bit of a gymnast and is happy doing 2 x back flips in a row!

3 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Tandem backflip with Vards. 

Then pointing to the sky with Nacho.

Then a secret handshake with Maddison. 

Then a hug with everyone else. 

15 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

I hope he is stopped from doing this. We suffer enough injuries as it is.

12 hours ago, brucey said:

Tandem backflip with Vards. 

Then pointing to the sky with Nacho.

Then a secret handshake with Maddison. 

Then a hug with everyone else. 

What tune do we sing this to?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/57702358

:wub:

Daka's Leicester move 'big for southern Africa'

3 hours ago

By Matthew KenyonFootball writer, The Netherlands

Sport Africa

Patson Daka Leicester City fans can look forward to some acrobatic celebrations from Patson Daka

Zambian striker Patson Daka's move to Leicester City is a major step for southern African football, says veteran Chipolopolo star Jacob Mulenga. 

Daka, 22, moved to the Premier League side from Red Bull Salzburg earlier this week, signing a five-year contract with the 2016 Premier League champions. 

"It's a very good move for him," Mulenga said. 

"From Red Bull going all the way straight to the Premier League - usually you'd think there's another step in between but he's worked hard. He's earned it." 

Mulenga, who has just helped Go Ahead Eagles to promotion to the Dutch top flight, believes the move is significant for both Zambia and southern Africa as a whole. 

"It's a very big thing for Africa in general but specifically for southern Africa," Mulenga told BBC Sport Africa. 

"The [African players] you get in the Premier League are mainly from West or North Africa. Southern Africa is a not-so-known place for talent. 

"The talent is there but not many manage to go into Europe and make it big, so what he's done is very big for all the kids in southern Africa." 

Daka scored 27 goals in 28 appearances last season to help Red Bull Salzburg win their fourth successive Austrian league title. 

Zambia striker Patson Daka believes he has what it takes to reach the top.

At Leicester, he will be playing alongside Jamie Vardy and Nigeria's Kelechi Iheanacho, a duo he is likely to compete with for playing time. 

"Obviously it will be different playing in the Premier League," said Mulenga, who believes the King Power Stadium provides a terrific platform. 

"When you have players like Vardy in front of you, a world-known striker who has so much experience, the best thing you can do is go in and learn. 

"You play your role and learn from the guys who are there - let the older guys take you under their wings and teach you." 

Daka's fellow forward has every confidence the youngster will be a success at his new club. 

"He's a goalscorer, he's got pace, good anticipation and he's getting better and better. And let's not forget he's very young, so there's a lot of room for him. I think everything will turn out well for him."

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/57702358

:wub:

Daka's Leicester move 'big for southern Africa'

3 hours ago

By Matthew KenyonFootball writer, The Netherlands

Sport Africa

Patson Daka Leicester City fans can look forward to some acrobatic celebrations from Patson Daka

Zambian striker Patson Daka's move to Leicester City is a major step for southern African football, says veteran Chipolopolo star Jacob Mulenga. 

Daka, 22, moved to the Premier League side from Red Bull Salzburg earlier this week, signing a five-year contract with the 2016 Premier League champions. 

"It's a very good move for him," Mulenga said. 

"From Red Bull going all the way straight to the Premier League - usually you'd think there's another step in between but he's worked hard. He's earned it." 

Mulenga, who has just helped Go Ahead Eagles to promotion to the Dutch top flight, believes the move is significant for both Zambia and southern Africa as a whole. 

"It's a very big thing for Africa in general but specifically for southern Africa," Mulenga told BBC Sport Africa. 

"The [African players] you get in the Premier League are mainly from West or North Africa. Southern Africa is a not-so-known place for talent. 

"The talent is there but not many manage to go into Europe and make it big, so what he's done is very big for all the kids in southern Africa." 

Daka scored 27 goals in 28 appearances last season to help Red Bull Salzburg win their fourth successive Austrian league title. 

Zambia striker Patson Daka believes he has what it takes to reach the top.

At Leicester, he will be playing alongside Jamie Vardy and Nigeria's Kelechi Iheanacho, a duo he is likely to compete with for playing time. 

"Obviously it will be different playing in the Premier League," said Mulenga, who believes the King Power Stadium provides a terrific platform. 

"When you have players like Vardy in front of you, a world-known striker who has so much experience, the best thing you can do is go in and learn. 

"You play your role and learn from the guys who are there - let the older guys take you under their wings and teach you." 

Daka's fellow forward has every confidence the youngster will be a success at his new club. 

"He's a goalscorer, he's got pace, good anticipation and he's getting better and better. And let's not forget he's very young, so there's a lot of room for him. I think everything will turn out well for him."

Is the image an example of the acrobatics that Daka will need to perform to get to one of the corners taken by Madders?

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Any sightings at Chateau Seagrave?

It seems Brighton are on the trail of his 'brother' Enock....

Players are back in training next week so I imagine he’ll be on his way very soon though I’m not sure whether he’d have to quarantine from Austria or not. 

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Players are back in training next week so I imagine he’ll be on his way very soon though I’m not sure whether he’d have to quarantine from Austria or not. 

Austria on Amber List.  No quarantine requirements in the UK. Just needs to take a test pre-entry and arrange for a second one some days after arrival.

34 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Austria on Amber List.  No quarantine requirements in the UK. Just needs to take a test pre-entry and arrange for a second one some days after arrival.

Should all be fine then. He’d be able to stay at Seagrave before having a house sorted for him too.